• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

keyrat

Do any of these groups or labels sell shirts? It would seem like such a great way to make money off this stuff.

I've gone on their facebooks and asked, but not one seems to offer it.

Credo

I'll echo the Perturbator and Kavinsky love in this thread. I've known for a while that I like this kind of music, but until recently I never knew what it was called or where to look for it.

Here's one from Perturbator that gets stuck in my head sometimes: Shadow Force '84

Cystm

i5X5b3putmsRf.png

Kuedo - Ant City
Kuedo - Visioning Shared tomorrows
Kuedo - Onset
Kuedo - Truth Flood

You can check out a mix of his tracks here Fixed Mix link.

Buy his Album here

iTYNFdefj4cmq.jpg

-GJ-

I'm working on an 80s inspired project myself (a movie without a movie). The music (just one song for now) is coming along great, even though I have no idea how to make good music and how to play an instrument, haha. I've been using Logic Pro and a friend of mine is going to do additional production on the song. Here are two promotional posters I made last week.

You really can't beat Perturbator.

I don't get the hype for Kavinsky. Protovision and Nightcall are cool tracks but the Outrun album was super disappointing.

cj_iwakura

That's one of the reasons Terminator 1 is my favorite film. I love the atmosphere of it to death, and the protagonist is a lot more sympathetic since he has limited means.

Top Bottom