• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I'm at the point where I'm close to soloing and the only thing holding me back is RNG and lack of actives. Clearing to Sherespoda is pretty straightforward but that round is bs. When running solo I have to bring him under 50% but not kill him without active, so many times I wind up at 51% or skyfall just killing him. If I didn't need to save orochi for diadem it would be a lot more consistent.

The team I'm running is 2x dark Kali, sherias roots and orochi with 2.5x God attack inherit on Ra. Just need more actives. The damage to one shot will be there, just cant brick the final round. I've wiped twice only hitting 7 combos on Zeus.

I'm up for it, let me know when?

ok looking at the dungeon and mantastic's write up it looks like we might be able to get away with just 1 comboing floor 2 instead of delaying/passing. Indra buys us more effective HP to work with than his setup so we should be ok going into floor 4. Alternatively just bring 4 delays instead of three and a gravity so we don't risk dealing with more poisons. I'm goign to try farming skill delay resists today. If I get the three I need I'll be up for running this. I'm not seeing anything keeping this from working. The modified strategy would like this:

Step-by-Step Machine Zeus

Floor 1
P1: Match 1
P2: Match 1
P1: Gunma (inherited shield), kill

Floor 2
P2: delay
P1: Gunma, kill

Floor 3
P1: Gunma kill

Floor 4
P2: Mass attack to prevent skill delay
P1: Ra (kills floor)

Floor 5
P1: Gunma kill (can technically use no actives)

Floor 6
P2: Delay, match 1
P1: Gunma, kill (eats the skill delay) <--biggest risk is here.

Floor 7
P2: Delay, match 1 <--If you have two orochis use one here
P1: Gunma, trigger resolve
P2: Kill while setting up your board

Floor 8

Floor 9
P2: Biggest Delay
Juggle around until you have an activatable board
Do not match Mortal Poisons

Floor 10
P2: Pass Turn
P1: LKali, Carat, Khepri, Revo Hades kill

Ducarmel

Thanks for this, have a ton of mails saved up with PEM rolls.

Anyone on JP know how to turn on the animation feature from 10.0? I've turned off all of the options in the menu except color blind and it isn't working. Showing all combos.

edit
You have to turn it on

This was posted on padx

Ranking dungeon will automatically turn the Combo Skip option ON
Coop/Multiplayer will automatically turn the Combo Skip option OFF
BpqIdUS.jpg

I just turned it on and it works.

Faabulous

So, I've rolled Bastet as a first roll earlier this week and kept her because she was supposed to be very good. I've been progressing through the game but I'm pretty overwhelmed and not sure what to do. I'm rank 60 something and I've done a few REM rolls since a godfest is going on, but in truth I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Love this game tho, is there any resource I can consume that could help me? Those beginner guides just compound the issue of beign overwhelmed. Am I too dumb for this game?

So, I've rolled Bastet as a first roll earlier this week and kept her because she was supposed to be very good. I've been progressing through the game but I'm pretty overwhelmed and not sure what to do. I'm rank 60 something and I've done a few REM rolls since a godfest is going on, but in truth I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Love this game tho, is there any resource I can consume that could help me? Those beginner guides just compound the issue of beign overwhelmed. Am I too dumb for this game?

All I would say is: it gets easier to comprehend and less overwhelming if you're willing to tolerate the initial slog. Almost all of the up-to-date content online is geared toward end-game players who spend time with the game every day, and even when they try and write "beginner guides" they assume you're going to know about leader skills and active skills and awakenings and stamina efficiency and what a "TPA" is.

Honestly for the first few weeks, if you aren't looking to speedrun through the game, I would source opinions here on your box rolls and ask who would make a good leader for the early and mid-game, and build your team from monsters you can find in the dungeons. Bastet is a fine leader for early/mid-game content, but other rolls you made might scale better into the later game.

It's much easier to learn all the random junk they keep adding into the game if you start with a leader you're comfortable with and learn the game by building/playing around with it.

A lot of guides are outdated since the meta changes a lot. Did you get a free Heroine REM roll? Those might be easier starters.

Faabulous

A lot of guides are outdated since the meta changes a lot. Did you get a free Heroine REM roll? Those might be easier starters.

Got Momiji as the free roll, I've had a team using her as the lead but I found Bastet's leader skill easier to trigger. I can post a screenshot of my current box + team later today

Got Momiji as the free roll, I've had a team using her as the lead but I found Bastet's leader skill easier to trigger. I can post a screenshot of my current box + team later today

That's pretty funny considering Momiji/Momiji gets an extra +4sec of move time. Don't even have to worry about the light+light part

Quantum

I liked the beginning of the game more than the end game, I remained non-iap for my first year. now I've spent a ton on this game, and have a love-hate relationship but still play daily.

I would recommend just playing at this point - learning what you need to to progress. when you hit a barrier then read up on it and progress - initially it is slow but the game opens progressively from the normal to technical dungeons introducing barriers - hp, shields, multipliers, awakenings and so forth - you don't need to know anything to start and play for hours.

certainly there are ways to make the early game easier and to even just pass it completely - so in my opinion you can just play to learn the basics and re-roll in the future if you find a way of playing you enjoy (different leaders can significantly modify the style of play).

from my years of playing the one thing I've always fought against is the meta - wanting the newest and best now (it gets expensive) - for a new player the meta is always working for you while for a long term player the meta is always working against you - There will always be a way to catch up or start over without much penalty.

much like a mmorpg there are many ways to power level (rank) that did not exist years ago - you don't need to concern yourself with at this point but will when you have settled into how you want to play.

rank can be done in a minimal amount of time now and therefore I think just learning the basics without worrying too much about the next best thing is important.

now - devils advocate -
1) pad forum has a subsection with team building guides that is worth reading if you have a goal in mind.
2) padx is your friend
3) if you are planning on staying non-iap search for end game leaders and pick one that matches your playstyle and roll for it when it is available (godfest usually) - this is not recommended - in my experience team building for end game generally will happen over time as you build your library and see what you can cobble together.
4) spending money? pull during a featured pantheon godfest with the goal of building a team for end game after reading what leads are currently popular (hard to do just starting out)

most important? everyone started where you are - completely overwhelmed and without a goal - this game has had years to figure itself out - take your time.

J0dy77

ok looking at the dungeon and mantastic's write up it looks like we might be able to get away with just 1 comboing floor 2 instead of delaying/passing. Indra buys us more effective HP to work with than his setup so we should be ok going into floor 4. Alternatively just bring 4 delays instead of three and a gravity so we don't risk dealing with more poisons. I'm goign to try farming skill delay resists today. If I get the three I need I'll be up for running this. I'm not seeing anything keeping this from working. The modified strategy would like this:

Step-by-Step Machine Zeus

Floor 1
P1: Match 1
P1: Gunma (inherited shield), kill

Floor 2
P2: delay
P1: Gunma, kill

Floor 3

Floor 4
P2: Mass attack to prevent skill delay
P1: Ra (kills floor)

Floor 5
P1: Gunma kill (can technically use no actives)

Floor 6
P2: Delay, match 1
P1: Gunma, kill (eats the skill delay) <--biggest risk is here.

Floor 7
P2: Delay, match 1 <--If you have two orochis use one here
P1: Gunma, trigger resolve
P2: Kill while setting up your board

Floor 8

Floor 9
P2: Biggest Delay
Juggle around until you have an activatable board
Do not match Mortal Poisons

Floor 10
P2: Pass Turn
P1: LKali, Carat, Khepri, Revo Hades kill

Let me think about this a bit more and I'll reply. You really don't need more than two delays. Here's how I run now with success until the bs kicks in.

Floor 1: combo hard for three turns with TPA and you don't need an active.

Floor 2: use Kali which will one shot the floor and heal to full. If you get six heal orbs it helps a lot. I can save three for the keeper on f3 and heal back after tanking the hit.

Floor 3: normal combos will clear. No active needed with three turns.

4: stall with a multi attack to activate all and use Ra.

5: if I didn't get six orbs, use Kali and heal back up and one shot.

6: i user sherias and one shot

7: this is where I need the help. Having a second orochi will help a ton. Otherwise it's a crap shoot.

8: any active and one shot.

9: orochi, get skills back and clear

10: 2.5x god dmg.... Profit.

It really doesn't need to be as complicated as that other guide. Everything can be melted and actives will come back on their own.

Any chance you have Kanna she'd be huge for damage spike against Zeus with sherias roots and his god killer.

You also don't need the skill resists but they help. If anything it would just be for protecting delay active.

Bladelaw

Let me think about this a bit more and I'll reply. You really don't need more than two delays. Here's how I run now with success until the bs kicks in.

Floor 1: combo hard for three turns with TPA and you don't need an active.

Floor 2: use Kali which will one shot the floor and heal to full. If you get six heal orbs it helps a lot. I can save three for the keeper on f3 and heal back after tanking the hit.

Floor 3: normal combos will clear. No active needed with three turns.

4: stall with a multi attack to activate all and use Ra.

5: if I didn't get six orbs, use Kali and heal back up and one shot.

6: i user sherias and one shot

7: this is where I need the help. Having a second orochi will help a ton. Otherwise it's a crap shoot.

8: any active and one shot.

9: orochi, get skills back and clear

10: 2.5x god dmg.... Profit.

It really doesn't need to be as complicated as that other guide. Everything can be melted and actives will come back on their own.

Any chance you have Kanna she'd be huge for damage spike against Zeus with sherias roots and his god killer.

You also don't need the skill resists but they help. If anything it would just be for protecting delay active.
No love on Kanna despite unreasonable expense attempting to get her. My strat above is basically a carry plan. I do have baldin so I do have access to a dragon spike.
Edit: I'm reworking my team
Ra(Revo hades)
Sephiroth (lkali)
Rozuel(orochi)
Amon(muse)
Dkali(Ichigo)

Think this will do it?
Also Mzeus is only machine type so godkiller doesn't hit him.
I can replace Amon with khepri and put carat on dkali to nail the combo check.

Edit:
I ran with khepri/carat and that's a WAAAAY better solution. Rozuel did enough damage to one hit kill Zeus alone.

Edit the third: yolo pulled a dupe okuni so I can finally do awoken okuni now on my main. Dumped more money into the heroine REM for some reason. I'll be able to get dark Athena if we're ever so fortunate at least.

Ducarmel

wowooooooooooooooojgnH'OIDHNSB'OVIHDS'

YOU CAN GET DIAMOND TROLLED!

I yolo rolled jp pcgf a diamond egg came out. I was hyped as hell. BValk.

then did a couple of angry pulls

pandora dupe
ra my first so it might have some mp farming use.
Sima Yi. I might have to seriously consider buying DAthena I have the mp to do it.

Faabulous

I liked the beginning of the game more than the end game, I remained non-iap for my first year. now I've spent a ton on this game, and have a love-hate relationship but still play daily.

I would recommend just playing at this point - learning what you need to to progress. when you hit a barrier then read up on it and progress - initially it is slow but the game opens progressively from the normal to technical dungeons introducing barriers - hp, shields, multipliers, awakenings and so forth - you don't need to know anything to start and play for hours.

certainly there are ways to make the early game easier and to even just pass it completely - so in my opinion you can just play to learn the basics and re-roll in the future if you find a way of playing you enjoy (different leaders can significantly modify the style of play).

from my years of playing the one thing I've always fought against is the meta - wanting the newest and best now (it gets expensive) - for a new player the meta is always working for you while for a long term player the meta is always working against you - There will always be a way to catch up or start over without much penalty.

much like a mmorpg there are many ways to power level (rank) that did not exist years ago - you don't need to concern yourself with at this point but will when you have settled into how you want to play.

rank can be done in a minimal amount of time now and therefore I think just learning the basics without worrying too much about the next best thing is important.

now - devils advocate -
1) pad forum has a subsection with team building guides that is worth reading if you have a goal in mind.
2) padx is your friend
3) if you are planning on staying non-iap search for end game leaders and pick one that matches your playstyle and roll for it when it is available (godfest usually) - this is not recommended - in my experience team building for end game generally will happen over time as you build your library and see what you can cobble together.
4) spending money? pull during a featured pantheon godfest with the goal of building a team for end game after reading what leads are currently popular (hard to do just starting out)

most important? everyone started where you are - completely overwhelmed and without a goal - this game has had years to figure itself out - take your time.

Thanks mate! That was a pretty nice read.

I'm not against putting money in games that manage to pull me in so I have no hard stance against IAP, but time will tell with this. I guess I'll just play for now, as soon as I hit a barrier I'll look for more info.

Something weird just happened tho, I played one of the special dungeons (Experience of a lifetime, or something) and It gave me a ton of ranks. Is there any way that can be bad? Like, did I just skip through something important by getting a lot of ranks like that?

W-00

Yeah, that's what Exp of a Lifetime is for. The only time gaining a bunch of ranks at once if when you want to be farming something and can still rank up by farming it continuously (because ranking up refills stamina). Then it's just a waste, but it doesn't do any lasting harm.

But the Exp of a Lifetime would have expired tomorrow, so there wasn't any harm using it today.

No, those EXP of a Lifetime quests are designed to powerlevel new accounts, and show up every event. While it doesn't really matter at the point of the game you're at, note that
1. The super-evolved form of Ganesha has a leader skill that doubles EXP gain, and does work on EOAL. So try to run it with a Ganesha as a friend if possible.
2. Players tend to time when they run the quest such that it's just enough EXP to give them a rank up with the last of their available stamina, so they basically get a free stamina refresh. Helps a lot when you're in the middle of farming whatever

Every rank up alternates between giving you an extra point of max stamina (each point takes 3 minutes to recharge) or an increase of 2 to max team cost, which is hugely important in the early game as you want to try and assemble a team with quality monsters, which usually have a higher cost.

It also gives you a magic stone for completing it. You definitely want to run the dungeon at some point before it expires, and you shouldn't need to worry about strategically using it to refill your stamina bar until you have a much larger stamina bar.

The newer the account, the more beneficial it is.

Quantum

Something weird just happened tho, I played one of the special dungeons (Experience of a lifetime, or something) and It gave me a ton of ranks. Is there any way that can be bad? Like, did I just skip through something important by getting a lot of ranks like that?

There is nothing wrong with ranking up, as mentioned it gives more stamina and increases the amount of "team cost" you can handle

simply the more stamina you have available the longer you can play. It used to be much more of an issue a long time ago - filling initially at the rate on 1 stamina every 10 minutes - over time it changed to one every 5 and now 1 every three.

over a 24 hour period there is 480 stamina available - the higher your rank, the more you can hold onto without spending stones.

after awhile you will begin to memorize how much stamina specific dungeons will give to either continually rank up or (as mentioned) plan to run two bars of stamina during certain events.

in the beginning of the game there is no reason to use a stone to refill stamina (probably very obvious now with faster filling system).

b33r

I tried paradise of the holy beasts on team challenge, would give me my 5th stone, with Aizen. I beat it, so rolled godfest and got an evolved Ryune! Pretty stoked on that pull.

Bladelaw

For those wondering, JP stream has another "Buff the winner's choice" challenge.
Code:
Contestants	Power up
[1] Hataichi	Awoken Lucifer
[2] Max Murai	Ariel
[3] Kadoman	Verdandi
[4] YamaP	R Sonia

I continue to hope for Ariel to win but again I'll be ok with anyone winning.

W-00

Looks like I'm cheering for Kadoman and YamaP, seeing as I have their monsters. Sure would be nice if Ronia could get unbindability (or at least bind-resistance) to go with her soft bind-clear. And of course, SBR would be welcome.

Verd is already full on awakenings, so I guess we'd be looking at a stat/LS buff for her. Maybe a cooldown-reduction like Ryune's.

Quantum

Always bet on Max Murai

ariel - such an odd choice.

I've been forced to work a bunch of extra hours - less bar time, and more overtime...

I mention this because I've found a new issue with PAD now that I'm co-op playing with myself.

say my alt pulls a gremory - well shouldn't I buy a pack on my main to try to roll it?

or on my main - after feeling like crap from shit pulls I pulled a meri with stones from the last challenge - wouldn't it be great to pull it on my alt...

so dangerous.

Bladelaw

I've been forced to work a bunch of extra hours - less bar time, and more overtime...

I mention this because I've found a new issue with PAD now that I'm co-op playing with myself.

say my alt pulls a gremory - well shouldn't I buy a pack on my main to try to roll it?

or on my main - after feeling like crap from shit pulls I pulled a meri with stones from the last challenge - wouldn't it be great to pull it on my alt...

so dangerous.
Don't do that. Believe me I understand. That way lies madness though. Presumably you already have a compatible lead to get stuff done, stick to that.

jiggle

so dangerous.
This is why i find no great joy in pulling cards like ichigo or meri
Without matching roll on the other device

At least Dathena wont have that problem...

saichi

Are coloring Sakura and Kali worth using?

Also, I have Ilm and Ronove teams. Should I make a L/F Ra for my Ilm team or Reincarnated Ra?

smbu2000

BTW all of the people who picked Max Murai will get the 5 light pii reward. I'm pretty sure I picked max murai again.
He just hurt his neck I believe they said. Always looking down towards his phone when play smartphone games.

I guess everybody gets the 5 pii reward for who they chose. The people who picked the winner guy will get 10 piis of that color and also his choice of Verdandi will be powered up.

As for myself, I was able to pull Romia on my main from the Heroine REM. I already have her on my sub, so not too useful for me.
On my sub I pulled another Roots from the PCGF. Happy to get another 6* although probably will sell him since my first one is already hyper and I don't really have a use for a second one. (along with my dupe Romia) 100k more MP for D.Athena.

I pulled Astaroth on my main. First time I've had her on one of my accounts since my old 3rd account from way back.

edit: Forgot, played Nightmare Street between 30-40 times to get Grisda to appear. Did some multi with my gf so she could get her too and she appeared after 6 or 7 tries. Very surprised that she popped out so quickly the second time. Now just need to skill her up.

Quantum

holy crap that solve on the stream -

that was like savant level playing

(the board where only the orbs showing number "5" were visible)
edit: using radrag team

the other cheese teams are so fun to watch - I want 3 Dmeta to make that ichago cheese.

smbu2000

holy crap that solve on the stream -

that was like savant level playing

(the board where only the orbs showing number "5" were visible)
edit: using radrag team

the other cheese teams are so fun to watch - I want 3 Dmeta to make that ichago cheese.
Yeah, that was crazy good! I didn't think he could pull it off.

I'm glad that he cleared it as well (in under 5 min.) as we get a free pull on the Heroine REM for his clear.

Also happy to have that free pull from the Carnival REM characters for being over rank 500. Both of my accounts are over rank 600.

Quantum

is there a jpn server fl?

I have really neglected my jpn account - I get too lazy to update it on android.

really haven't had the greatest luck with it but recently rolled a kaede - not sure what I will do with it and its still quite low in rank (140s)

Jagernaut

I'm glad that he cleared it as well (in under 5 min.) as we get a free pull on the Heroine REM for his clear.

Also happy to have that free pull from the Carnival REM characters for being over rank 500. Both of my accounts are over rank 600.

This is really nice, I could really use this in US version. Don't have any gala exclusives or gemstone princesses.

I have really neglected my jpn account - I get too lazy to update it on android.

really haven't had the greatest luck with it but recently rolled a kaede - not sure what I will do with it and its still quite low in rank (140s)

there's on in the OP alongisde the NA list but its super neglected

my friend code is 110992483

I got a barbarossa :|

smbu2000

This livestream is going on pretty long. It started at 8:30pm JP time and it's already past 1am. I'm just glad I don't have work tomorrow.

Been going through the Gacha dungeon quite a bit and I've only seen the Ronia one like 3 times. At least you can sell the boss for a bit of MP; 50 for the green one, 100 for the Gold and 500 for the Ronia.
there's on in the OP alongisde the NA list but its super neglected

my friend code is 110992483

I got a barbarossa :|
Heh, it doesn't look like you are too happy with it. I'd like to have a Barbarossa. I picked up a dupe Cameo on my sub (my only carnival character on it!) :-| and I picked up Yang Guifei on my main. At first I was happy that I got a diamond egg, but I don't really see any use for her since I don't use Sakuya.
They will be powered up though, so I hope she gets something good.

edit: Forgot to add that my free PCGF pull was Kopis on my sub (light style change guy) and Orochi on my main. (3rd one) I have the first one hyper reincarnated, the second I evo'd just to put his skill on D.Athena and not sure what I'm going to do with this one.

My main is : 253,070,175
my sub is: 283,078,346

Feel free to add me.

Top Bottom