• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Seo's Chronicles
02880846stm.jpg
028809yssdu.jpg
028810jhscr.jpg
028817r9sg4.jpg

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 12 END
028832eksz2.jpg
028836agshs.jpg
028844dmsj6.jpg

^" ... Yet I'm still let down".

Post-credits scene was pretty funny and cute. (Though I think I recall being pissed at it on my first time ?) So that was Nozaki. Not much to say that I haven't already (Seo a best), I think I'm pretty much of the same mind on it as I was at the beginning of this rewatch. Decent/Good comedy that is still however somewhat removed from my top tier. Has lots of good character at but not much in the way of animation and some of the storyboarding also struck me as boring and on the safe side, probably because of being (too) faithful to source material. Bit more uneven than I remembered but a joy to watch in its better parts and the last 3 eps were all strong. Kinda think S2 would be even better as the cast is now fully formed and gets to bounce off a wider variety of characters than it was during beginning and their introductions.

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni., why does this exist? This could be a new low for the Isekai "genre", and that genre has been already wallowing in it's own excrement for the past few years. Maybe every synopsis is wrong and its actually a parody like KonoSuba...but I think I'm just trying to delude myself.

Cornbread78

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni., why does this exist? This could be a new low for the Isekai "genre", and that genre has been already wallowing in it's own excrement for the past few years. Maybe every synopsis is wrong and its actually a parody like KonoSuba...but I think I'm just trying to delude myself.

Your right, it looks like complete $hit. That works though, since there is nothing but $hit airing this summer anyhow, so we will watch it and snark at how $hitty it really is the entire time.

Enough for a 3rd season. It'd be pure melodrama apparently though.

Do Aki and Kato finally hook up, or does Aki fu(k his entire harem (including his cuz and the new red-head) just to tell them all he is a nerd and only likes 2d girls?

I'd sign up for this School Days/Saekano cross over show....

Your right, it looks like complete $hit. That works though, since there is nothing but $hit airing this summer anyhow, so we will watch it and snark at how $hitty it really is the entire time.

Do Aki and Kato finally hook up, or does Aki fu(k his entire harem (including his cuz and the new red-head) just to tell them all he is a nerd and only likes 2d girls?

I'd sign up for this School Days/Saekano cross over show....

There's some non-shit airing this summer...just like every season it's a shit-filled sea with some diamonds, unpolished diamonds and fool's gold floating in it.

Cornbread78

There's some non-shit airing this summer...just like every season it's a shit-filled sea with some diamonds, unpolished diamonds and fool's gold floating in it.

This is all I have for the summer:

Yeah, still not excited for anything this summer...

Owarimonogatari 2nd Season
New Game!! S2
Hajimete no Gyaru
Love and Lies
Gamers!
In a Different World with a Smartphone.(this has hate watch all over it)
Kakegurui

This is about it for me. A couple interesting rom coms in there. They have to be better than the past couple seasons, right? RIGHT?!?

Oh, on the new FATE show. Can I watch that if I haven't watched Stay/Night UBW yet?

Jarmel

Banned
Get excited
DC8TAkUXsAMv3H3.jpg:small
I have a choice between going to this or the FLCL panel. Both will be filled with disappointment so I think I'm going to FLCL panel to see how they plan on ruining my teenage memories.
So hyped for Inou-Battle S2.
You should be.
the only thing more disappointing then trigger is Khara being a black hole for time and talent
Honestly a lot of the Khara staff have just been wandering off and doing their own things for the past few years. Eva's production being in limbo has meant that they've had time to do other things. Some of Khara is probably working on FMP, some are on the new EVA, some might be working on the new Patlabor, they're doing the Fire Emblem shorts, Tsurumaki did his own thing earlier this year, Anno last year. It's not like they've just been straight pumping out Eva shit.

I can't wait for 4.0 though so we can move on from Eva altogether.
They're going to announce a reboot of the TV show

Jarmel

Banned
Honestly I'm less annoyed by Anno doing Eva and moreso that people like Tsurumaki and Masayuki are. Both are more than talented enough to be directing shows not related to Anno at all.

phaze

This is all I have for the summer:

Tsurezure Children should up your alley. It's a 4koma about dozens of romantic couples, some of them already going out, some not. Not gonna vouch for adaptation but the source material is alright, light fun.

Also, no interest in Touken Ranbu ? I thought you liked Zestiria.

-----

tfw when Bungou Movie PV has no new footage yet it still gets you somewhat hyped.

Kakuja Akutaga still looks so weird.

Saekano S2 Ep 11 \

Oh Utaha what a sly trickster you are. So much 4th wall breaking in the last bit with Tomoya's cousin. I really liked the hill scene because Tomoya needed to face reality a little bit and pour his feelings out. It would be nice for Kato to comfort him but thats now what he needed. I really like season 2 over season 1 and hopefully they continue on a season 3.

So any chance CR announces anything major at Anime Expo, or are they likely to hold off until their own con in August? According to ANN, they hold the licenses to Re:Zero and Konosuba, and if that's the case, I'm surprised they haven't gotten home video releases announced yet.

Eureka Seven and Casshern Sins added to Crunchyroll tonight.

Soul Eater and Attack on Titan Jr. High as well.

CrimsonN0

The only Isekai show that I'm the slightest bit interested in next season was that one about the rural cafe that occasionally serves monsters from another world by Silver Link. The description makes it sound like Working but with supernatural clients (and possibly staff), which could be fun.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34012/Isekai_Shokudou
Huh, someone has translated like 20 chapters of this(well, I'm pretty sure it's this series), but I don't think either of these waitresses has shown up. Maybe it's one of those differences made between the Light Novel and Web Novel.
It's not a comedy like Working, but just a laid back, slice of life series where every chapter focuses on a different customer and their favorite food.

What's probably weirder is that this isn't even the only modern diner visited by middle ages/fantasy people anime that's coming out.

JulianImp

Koe no Katachi

The movie did have a couple weird scenes such as when
the MC regains conciousness after falling off from a building, finds himself inside a hospital and then proceeds to unplug all the medical equipment that was strapped onto him and casually walk out (it was the security officers' day off, I guess), getting to that one bridge at the same time the girl happened to be around
, but god damn, the movie sure knew how to make me cry... There were several back-to-back scenes in the later half of the story where I just couldn't. Stop. Crying.

Also, props to whoever handled the ES_LA subs, because they were pretty much on-point except for a line or two.

10/10 would cry again.

jonjonaug

Get excited
DC8TAkUXsAMv3H3.jpg:small

Kissing my AX premier pass right now. The line for this one is going to be murder.

Hi guys who here is going to Anime Expo this year? Will there be a thread for it?

I got a premier pass and I got VIP tickets for the idol concert thing even though I don't know who any of the people in it are, arriving in LA on the 29th and leaving the night of the 4th. Spent way too much money this year on the trip but oh well.

Shokugeki no Soma Episode 12: Nice resolution to that duel. The ending was surprisingly pretty heartwarming. Makes me wish the series used the Polar Star students more than it did.

Cornbread78

Clockwork Planet-END
I'm actually going to miss this show for it's awesome tone, pacing and music. It was always an interesting and fun watch. It is NOT a great show, just stupid fun.

Tsurezure Children should up your alley. It's a 4koma about dozens of romantic couples, some of them already going out, some not. Not gonna vouch for adaptation but the source material is alright, light fun.

Also, no interest in Touken Ranbu ? I thought you liked Zestiria.
-----
tfw when Bungou Movie PV has no new footage yet it still gets you somewhat hyped.

Kakuja Akutaga still looks so weird.

Zestiria huh? Hmmm.. Yes, I liked it, lol.

I'll have to add Tsurezure Children and see how it goes.

Fate/Apocrypha is completely unrelated to F/SN UBW. It's a spinoff pretty much set in an alternate universe where the events leading up to Fate/Zero and F/SN never happened.

Interesting, I'll give it a shot as well.

Dagashi Kashi - Completed: Another series that's been on my FUNimation queue for a while. Starting off, I really enjoyed the dub. This was apparently one of Tabitha Ray's first voice acting gigs, definitely her first as a lead, and I think she did a great job providing the energy as Hotaru.

Onto the show itself, I thought it was a pretty chill, sometimes amusing Slice-of-Life. The first episode sent me red flags because it seemed like the show was going to try to set up Love-Triangle shenanigans, but then it kind of gets flipped on its head since all the kids end up just straight up being friends. The show actually did a convincing case of displaying these group of characters as actually being friends, which I praise it for because a lot of times it feels like the female characters only exist because they want to hop on the MC's dick.

That said, the humor got kind of formulaic at times since it constantly came down to sexual innuendo. That and for a series that rides a lot on innuendo, the actual food consumption scenes really weren't sexy. This stands out even more since I happen to be doing a slow watch of Shokugeki no Soma. lol

zulux21

so I don't think that this has been reported anywhere.

Christopher Ayres the current english voice actor of Frieza in dragon ball kai/super as well as various other roles is currently in the final stages of emphysema (a chronic lung disease)

where I saw it first
his facebook source

Well I guess it's about time to talk about this. I have been quite and asked people who knew to remain close mouthed as I didn't want a lot of fuss and wanted to concentrate on getting better.
For most of the last three months I have been in the hospital, Quite a bit of that in I.C.U. For those of you who've seen me in the past year or so it's probably no surprised that something was seriously wrong with my health. I finally went to a doctor and was sent immediately to the emergency room at at hospital, where I almost died twice. The prognosis came back... I have advanced C.O.P.D and final stage Emphysema. While I was getting tests for that they discovered two arteries that were seriously blocked. So what this means is that in the near future I will have to get a double lung transplant along with double bi-pass surgery.

So what does this mean?
no doubt frieza will have to be recast for any future stuff.
if nothing changes he will likely be dead before the year ends.
even if he gets the transplant and other surgeries he will likely be dead with in 7 years.

:(

Shaanyboi

Banned
I wanna get ahold of Vision of Escaflowne for a rewatch. What would be the best option to do that? I heard there was a redub just released a little while ago on Blu-Ray

So what does this mean?
no doubt frieza will have to be recast for any future stuff.
if nothing changes he will likely be dead before the year ends.
even if he gets the transplant and other surgeries he will likely be dead with in 7 years.

:(

Yeah that's fucking terrible, doubly so because he only recently realized it.

Huh, someone has translated like 20 chapters of this(well, I'm pretty sure it's this series), but I don't think either of these waitresses has shown up. Maybe it's one of those differences made between the Light Novel and Web Novel.
It's not a comedy like Working, but just a laid back, slice of life series where every chapter focuses on a different customer and their favorite food.

What's probably weirder is that this isn't even the only modern diner visited by middle ages/fantasy people anime that's coming out.
Interesting, that doesn't sound like the kind of series I'd associate with a studio like Silver Link, which has me somewhat more intrigued than before. Slower slice-of-life I find is relatively tough to do well since the execution is about the only way to keep people invested; but when done well, it can be fantastic. Here's hoping Silver Link is up to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom