• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

tumblr_oepa7iKWdU1rey868o1_250.gif

Is anyone feeling a weird contrast between Marvel's event books and their usual books due to the contrast in art styles? It seems like their normal series' are all going a very cartoonish or stylized art style but then when it comes to their events it has a more dark or realistic style. I'm not against either art style, but it seems like such a stark contrast when trying to look at this as a collective universe.

I'm not trying to say that the universe needs to share an art style or a look or anything, but it seems like there is almost beginning to be a ongoing series look and then an event book look. To me at least they're starting to really contrast in a way that it's hard to take them as connected most the time.

Sandfox

Is anyone feeling a weird contrast between Marvel's event books and their usual books due to the contrast in art styles? It seems like their normal series' are all going a very cartoonish or stylized art style but then when it comes to their events it has a more dark or realistic style. I'm not against either art style, but it seems like such a stark contrast when trying to look at this as a collective universe.

I'm not trying to say that the universe needs to share an art style or a look or anything, but it seems like there is almost beginning to be a ongoing series look and then an event book look. To me at least they're starting to really contrast in a way that it's hard to take them as connected most the time.
It's really dependent on the individual book.

shingi70

Banned
I legit have Man of steel as my top 3 comic films. Squad is an okay movie that gets extra hated on due to its popularity.

Of course Marvel brings back Gert, but keeps the genderfluid Black alien stranded in space.

So the The Lazarus Contract is over? How was it? Only got the Titans and Teen Titans tie in. Seemed kinda interesting, but kinda lost me.

So the The Lazarus Contract is over? How was it? Only got the Titans and Teen Titans tie in. Seemed kinda interesting, but kinda lost me.

If you were interested in those two you might really like the next two. Those first two were easily the least interesting and most lacking of the entire crossover.

I thought it ended up being pretty decent but smaller scale than it originally seemed. It was entirely saved by the next two issues both being written by Priest.

It was disappointing..

Yeah went into it with high hopes, bet the issues I read did not meet expectations.

If you were interested in those two you might really like the next two. Those first two were easily the least interesting and most lacking of the entire crossover.

I thought it ended up being pretty decent but smaller scale than it originally seemed. It was entirely saved by the next two issues both being written by Priest.

I enjoyed it and what it means for the titles going forward greatly interest me.

So it gets better then? I'll try to pick up the issues this weekend. And since it seems like it will play a part in the Teen Titans future, I should probably finish it.

Yeah went into it with high hopes, bet the issues I read did not meet expectations.

So it gets better then? I'll try to pick up the issues this weekend. And since it seems like it will play a part in the Teen Titans future, I should probably finish it.

I would say I was disappointed as well, only because of the scale and the importance of the cross-over, but the TT Annual and Deathstroke issue were way better than the first two and worth it on it's own I think.

Top Bottom