• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Sadist

RE4 is the one most people love and its plot is likely to be ten times shittier than this one.
But the writing is so bad it's delicious!

Edit: wait... I just noticed it :') Chris asks Wesker Jr. if he knows him. Oh man, Steve Burnside confirmed :lol:

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Here's an idea, Capcom: Drop the "game" and just make another movie. Seriously... I liked watching the cutscenes for RE4 and 5 (the gameplay was meh) and that animated movie was pretty good. Seems to me RE6 is another case of story over gameplay.

So just drop the funding for mediocre gameplay and make another movie.

You get to have the best of both worlds. There's another CG movie canon to the games that's likely to be a prequel to Resident Evil 6 coming out this August I believe, Resident Evil Damnation. It stars Leon and who many people believe to be Billy from Resident Evil Zero. In an interview on the DVD of Degeneration, they also said if they ever made a sequel to Degeneration that they wanted Rebecca to be in it. Damnation may very well be a prequel to Resident Evil 6, a sequel to Degeneration, and star Leon, Billy, and Rebecca.

strafer

Resident+Evil+Darkside+Chronicles+Claire+Redfield.jpg

0340_f9q7.gif

I don't know.
As far as *pure gameplay* goes, I really don't think RE4 was that much better than RE5 at all.
In fact i don't even think gameplay was especially good.
If anything co op made RE5 actually *fun* to play, which is something RE never was imho.

the gameplay in RE4 was good compared to the older ones but yeah it hasn't exactly aged very well. I think RE5 is more fun overall.

But the writing is so bad it's delicious!

if that's how you want to justify it ;)

but yes Leon and Salazar's banter was fantastic. however people are talking about the actual plot here.

Kaldea

Oh my God, Ada!

I sure hope it's another situation where she looks like a bad guy, but really neutral/good. She'd be an amazing villain, but I dunno if I'm ready for that. ):

So I wonder where Revelations plot comes into play with RE6 considering the ending of RER.
I wonder if Jessica is on the same side as Ada?

Nemesis_

Oh my God, Ada!

I sure hope it's another situation where she looks like a bad guy, but really neutral/good. She'd be an amazing villain, but I dunno if I'm ready for that. ):

I'm so wet.

I loved the idea of a new villain for the series who would be female. I had half hoped Excella would be the new bad guy.

But fucking ADA WONG as the villain, if this is true, I would be beyond happy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fuck Team Leon and Team Chris.

TEAM MOTHAFUCKIN ADA !!!!!!!!!!!11!!1

Xav

Just curious, what exactly did you want out of this?
I feel that maybe this isn't a question I should answer, could be just you waiting for a reply to go on the attack. Regardless I'll take a chance and give you an honest answer.
Obviously it's still too early to make a final judgement call on the game but so far I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far and that's pretty much it. Maybe it's Wesker Jr, maybe it's the 256 returning characters, maybe it's the way Leon looks, maybe I'm still angry over what I saw in the last trailer, maybe it's the fact all I saw were cut-scenes, maybe it's that the entire thing looks like a clusterfuck of everything ever MGS4 style with no focus, who knows.
I don't think I can really pin it down to one thing, I just don't like what I'm seeing.

Basically I'm not happy that my apple tastes like strawberry, I love strawberries but if It's called an apple then I expect an apple.

Yuterald

Um, er...Hmm, I'm not sure if I care about this game still. Um, er...hmm. Wait, I keep forgetting. This is a modern day Capcom title. I'll just wait for the Gold Edition with all of the inevitable disk-locked content to be, you know, not locked on the disk.

Nemesis_

So I wonder where Revelations plot comes into play with RE6 considering the ending of RER.
I wonder if Jessica is on the same side as Ada?

Jessica was apparently an agent for the FBC (Federal Bioterrorism Commission). She left the FBC with Parker to join the BSAA (same as Chris/Jill) but
it turned out she was actually a secret agent working for TriCell.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If they really bring Steve back they better invite Claire too.

Grampasso

Wait what? The game's coming out in October now?

Albert Wesker's son? This is a weak route to take given Alex Wesker would have been a far superior option...

C Virus?

Sherry!

I NEED THIS GAME

Game? Not sure what you guys saw, I saw just a movie.
If we're so near to release gimme gameplay, Capcom.

It makes perfect sense: Wesker came back. Now Steve will :3
Wesker Jr. is Steve and Wesker's baby!!!!111! :3

Jessica was apparently an agent for the FBC (Federal Bioterrorism Commission). She left the FBC with Parker to join the BSAA (same as Chris/Jill) but
it turned out she was actually a secret agent working for TriCell.
When was that said? I don't remember that happening at all. I still can't figure out how it would relate to RE6 though. The producers of RE:R said it would lead up to RE6 and the ending of the game had a giant 6 in
the T-Abyss Virus sample that Jessica had

Did you guys got that Leon mentioned a conflict in Europe 6 months ago?, that could be a connection to the next CG movie.

I think it was confirmed you would play as Leon during the Eastern European conflict. Then time jumps forward to the situation with Chris and China. However, I could be wrong.

mattp

people in here are seriously trying to say re5 was more fun/had better gameplay than re4?
ok i'm out
you people are out of your minds
no wonder you think this trailer looks great

IpsoFacto

@iSurvivedTheOutage

I'm happy for it too. I just hope the zombies/monsters/crazed people are not Left 4 Dead quick because I'm still in RE4 mode.

PerZona

Oh yes, what a nice trailer. So looking forward to it.

Don't know if I'm glad about the new release date, since in Oct there would be tons of games to buy....

Nemesis_

When was that said? I don't remember that happening at all. I still can't figure out how it would relate to RE6 though. The producers of RE:R said it would lead up to RE6 and the ending of the game had a giant 6 in
the T-Abyss Virus sample that Jessica had

I am surprised you saw a 6, I know I didn't. I am sure that the t-Abyss virus will be discussed as some kind of "precursor" to the new C Virus.

Both Conan O'Brian and Jessica were working for them. I will try to dig it up, I know I read / heard it somewhere.

Oh, here it is!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev/logbook/log_20120224.html

Zoom in on the image. This is an image of Jessica/Raymond uploading their report to their employer. Notice the logo on the uploading screen?

It's not super concrete but we'll see if this trend is continued at all.

Also Ada has hardly EVER looked Asian besides her original concept art in RE2. I really do hope this is Ada, she looks great. The thing is, does she interact with Leon at all in this video? Or Sherry? Because if she doesn't then we can pretty much confirm it has to be her =/

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
They messed Leon up pretty bad. He looks like the terrible CG movie model. Making Chris and Leon fight seems gimmicky. Chris sounds like a muscle head.

Unless this ends up completely terrible I will still buy it. I just wish Mikami was writing the story and advising on the gameplay.

Senoculum

I just watched it at work with no audio, and I'm finding it very difficult to hide the excitement in my pants.

Okay guys, seriously, media blackout starting now. I completely spoiled myself prior to RE5, and it threw no surprises. This though... my goggle, I need to play with a fresh pair of eyes.

Top Bottom