• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So we played like absolute dog shit in that period and still scored twice. That is promising for when this team actually gets its shit together.

Of course you have to stop the opponent from scoring 5 for it to really matter, though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
.. the sound is off on the CBC stream, we can't hear Cherry

I think that's a good thing

edit: ah dangit they just turned it on

Kffr3Jx.jpg

Stasis

So we played like absolute dog shit in that period and still scored twice. That is promising for when this team actually gets its shit together.

Of course you have to stop the opponent from scoring 5 for it to really matter, though.

I mean, I really was convinced we'd lose tonight. I was hoping for a win tomorrow though. Both teams getting a beat down means both will come out hard tomorrow, but at least both will be tired equally.

Fucking meltdown out there. Hank isn't the least of our problems, though. Some were beyond him but... this wouldn't be 5-2 MOST of the time with past Hank. He's getting there. Look at last year. Defensive woes, yes, but goalie too. And I don't think Pavelec is our next Raanta or Talbot either. Hank can still steal games and put on a show, I know, but this is an $8.5M goalie who's clearly past his prime and our next potential stud is still ~2 years out. =/

So the Habs can look at it and know Price will almost definitely bounce back. But we can't. He's older. He had a terrible regular season last year for large stretches. We HOPED he came back this year. So far, he hasn't There's definitely cause for concern.

Stasis

Is that tweet I'm seeing legit? I need to watch the game. Not seeing it atm..

D Pairings are now:

Staal - McDonagh
Skei - Shattenkirk
Smith - DeAngelo

No? Can't be.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is that tweet I'm seeing legit? I need to watch the game. Not seeing it atm..

D Pairings are now:

Staal - McDonagh
Skei - Shattenkirk
Smith - DeAngelo

No? Can't be.

Correct. AV is still running this team.

That said, there aren't too many ways to change the D up otherwise given the 6 guys suited up. You wouldn't want Staal with Shattenkirk, Skjei, or Smith, really.

Stasis

Correct. AV is still running this team.

That said, there aren't too many ways to change the D up otherwise given the 6 guys suited up. You wouldn't want Staal with Shattenkirk, Skjei, or Smith, really.

Fucking call someone up ASAP. Or two.

Graves and Pionk deserve a shot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Drawing that penalty is the first real positive contribution Chytil has made thus far through 4+ periods. Good for him, he needed that.

Top Bottom