• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 Reveal on May 5th

Madness

Hopefully they give NHL the respect it deserves. It's crazy how FIFA has become the cash cow for EA in Burnaby and not NHL. But it's to be expected. If only they could capture more of the Euro market for NHL.

Can't wait to see how it'll look with the Ignite engine that they have for next gen. It'll probably be a while before we see anything crazy added since they'll probably wait for sales of the next gen systems to continue to grow.

ryan299

When is Crosby going to get on the cover?
He seems good enough...

I think he tells them that he doesn't want to be on it bc how else can you explain them not even putting him into the vote. I could get that he was out voted but he's never been nominated.

Whoever wins the Conn Smythe Trophy this year should be on the cover. But Patrick Kane was already on the NHL 2010 cover so that might be confusing.

Speedhoven

Neo Member
This is the worst ea sports game in terms of innovation and changes. We are in the ps4/xbone/wiiu generation and we still dont even have net physicis or proper european arenas. I have no expectations at all.

As long as it's better than '14 then I'll be good. I don't expect this series to take full advantage of these consoles until '16 though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Guys let's take bets on the cover. Goalie? Defence man? Foward? Last year they had that dumb vote. I say let them pick it and surprise us.
Should be a Blackhawk. It's been too long since one has been on the cover.

This is the worst ea sports game in terms of innovation and changes. We are in the ps4/xbone/wiiu generation and we still dont even have net physicis or proper european arenas. I have no expectations at all.
Same here. They find new ways to break the game every year and don't fix little things that have been broken for years.

Should be a Blackhawk. It's been too long since one has been on the cover.

Same here. They find new ways to break the game every year and don't fix little things that have been broken for years.

Erik Karlsson.

I haven't purchased a game from the series in a couple years. A part of me wants hockey for the PS4, but they have absolutely no standards for what they put out each year. The lack of game face is really unacceptable at this point.

bumpkin

Do we know if it's going to be another cross-gen release? If so, I'm setting the bar very low for my expectations.

Well, lower than it already is given how crappy their next-gen efforts have been this far.

ref

I need this.

For the sole reason of being able to remove Ondrej Pavelec from my Jets team since it doesn't seem like it's going to happen this year... sigh.

Nah, I just want a next gen hockey game.

sector4

Do we know if it's going to be another cross-gen release? If so, I'm setting the bar very low for my expectations.

Well, lower than it already is given how crappy their next-gen efforts have been this far.
I would expect the 360/PS3 version will be a roster change of NHL 14, while XB1 and PS4 get an all new version with a new engine.

tj-oshie-scores-shootout-winner-russia-usahockey-olympics-sochi.jpg

r3n4ud

For the love of god, please bring hockey back to PC :/

Also, not a fan of Avalanche, but seeing MacKinnon on the cover would be sweet.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
After playing the next-gen Madden and seeing next-gen EA basketball, I have almost zero hope until NHL 16.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
After playing the next-gen Madden and seeing next-gen EA basketball, I have almost zero hope until NHL 16.

Next gen FIFA is pretty good though, and since the same studio develops both NHL and FIFA games, I have high hopes for NHL 15.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Next gen FIFA is pretty good though, and since the same studio develops both NHL and FIFA games, I have high hopes for NHL 15.

That's good news, I guess. I still predict a glitch-fest.

Complete opposite to me. Considering they are one of the smallest teams of Electronic Arts, the game really improved a lot in the last few years. Skating and hitting feels right most of the time, the balance between offense and defense is very good, and especially 6 vs 6 games in the EASHL make a lot of fun. What they are missing though is the presentation when we are talking about the arenas and modes like Be a Pro and Be a GM and creating an AI that isn't either utterly stupid or completely overpowered, but a mix of both that doesn't interrupt the flow in a good or bad way.

Even though, I invest almost 1500 hours every year into the NHL games, mainly EASHL.

I heard a few things about 15 through the contacts I built up there since NHL 10 and I really hope they turn out to be true, I'm excited for monday.

Interesting. Hopefully it's better than 13 and 14, didn't have much fun with those. Still prefer 12, sucks to use old rosters though.

AlexIIDX

The one game I'll buy every year without fail. Would really like to see more real player faces, there's waay too many generic models. New announcers would really make the fame seem fresh. A nice next gen graphics boost would be nice as well...And ps4 better have mp3 support by then because I need my custom goal horns!

Oh, and remote play while I watch my Ranger games, hell yes.

Share with us!

It's third hand information from a famous EASHL player (PS3) who was invited to the Virgin Gaming Finals in Las Vegas for NHL 13 (where he made contacts and was mostly right about features for 14), but I really don't want to risk waking bish or another mod by spreading info I have no control of and get banned, sorry.

Top Bottom