• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

best responce on BE was first

A5u9f.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Chael Sonnen vs. Hector Lombard for interim title. Believe.

If Anderson Silva pulled out with an injury, Dana White would kill himself just so he could roll in his grave.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
if chael wins, does that mean bisping has a legit shot at the title?

lol, chael aint winning shit.

if chael wins, does that mean bisping has a legit shot at the title?

lol, chael aint winning shit.

Bisping is one of the most under rated fighters in MMA imo, people auto think Cheal had a bad night against him, maybe Bisping is just that good ?, he gave Cheal far more problems than Andy and if the fight went to rounds 4 and 5 i think Bisping would have got the win.

So with Lesnar not appearing on Raw last night (was his storyline even mentioned ?), does that mean his UFC comeback is defo on ?.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I think you mean Bispings one of the most overrated UFC fighters
he's top 10ish at best .but put anyone thats top 5 infront of him and he loses.
But he's the consummate 185 Can Crusher sure.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can't get the image of Bisping losing to Wanderlei out of my head. It's a permanent stain on his record in my view.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I can't get the image of Bisping losing to Wanderlei out of my head. It's a permanent stain on his record in my view.

Bisping would make a great Strikeforce 185 champ , he might be able to beat Rockwell and Kennedy ... Jacara probably would beat him tho

I still don't get what happened backstage with Miller. He had beef with UFC management because they didn't want him to wear a gas mask during his walkout?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'd take Rockhold over Bisping. He's the number one Strikeforce guy I want to see in the Ultimate rather than Gil the can.

I still don't get what happened backstage with Miller. He had beef with UFC management because they didn't want him to wear a gas mask during his walkout?

Probably wasn't much of anything. Uncle Dana just doesn't like Mayhem and made that clear from the beginning.

Bisping is overrated. He was getting destroyed in rd 3 by Sonnen and if it was 5 rounds he would get his ass beat for another 2 more rounds. He arguably only won rd 2.

Its fucking lame of Dana to hate on Mayhem for wearing a gas mask. God forbid fighters to to show some personality during their entrance. Dana lets Rampage use the chain so whats so wrong with a gas mask? Give fighters creative freedom with their entrances or otherwise the UFC will be filled with generic Jon Fitches and Jim Millers within the next 5 years.

I think you mean Bispings one of the most overrated UFC fighters
he's top 10ish at best .but put anyone thats top 5 infront of him and he loses.
But he's the consummate 185 Can Crusher sure.

I know American can't stand Bisping but come on ...

He has only ever lost 4 times in the UFC (12-4) and three of those four were three of the greatest MMA fighters to ever live (two of them were decisions aswell, some would say unfair decisions).

I agree he is a very good match up for Andy tho who would most likely destroy him as he does to anyone who stands and tries to strike with him.

If Sonnen won the title and Andy retired then i think Bisping would have a great chance of becoming the 185 champion.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Considering that Bisping is a kickboxer and all, he's not very good at KOing people which leaves something to be desired from his skillset. If he had a functioning submission game then it'd make up for things somewhat but... yeah. He's a pillow-punching kickboxer who if any luck will fully realise his role as the highest-level gatekeeper at 185lbs. His heel antics are enough to build up whoever can beat him, and he's a guaranteed draw for the UFC's obligatory annual English event too. All in all a good guy for the MW division.

yacobod

Banned
exactly, bisping is a competent fighter, he's a good gatekeeper at 185#. nothing wrong with that.

fighters like chiek kongo have made good careers by being gatekeepers in the ultimate.

MjFrancis

If you're going to have four losses on your record, giving them to Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans and Wanderlei Silva (yes even a post-PRIDE Wandy) isn't that bad. I'd say that the bloke has mustered gatekeeper status quite alright. Never a top contender, but he rounds out the top ten quite well.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
i agree he's a good fighter and a great gatekeeper..I just strongly disagree he's top 5 or anywhere near deserving of a title shot.

if you look at his record his only good wins are Mark Hamill and Leben,the rest were not top 5 and I don't think they were top 10 either.

MjFrancis

So it was the same shit. Makes sense, but I don't do anything on twitter so I just extrapolated from your post. I'm sure he could have said "Sorry guys, won't happen again" and this could have blown over. Even if that isn't the case, disrespecting the boss isn't going to help your cause. A monumentally short-sighted decision on Miller's part.

Miller was part of the two worst fights in UFC, thats enough to be canned, he has no business trying to act like a clown when he sucks so bad

yacobod

Banned
So it was the same shit. Makes sense, but I don't do anything on twitter so I just extrapolated from your post. I'm sure he could have said "Sorry guys, won't happen again" and this could have blown over. Even if that isn't the case, disrespecting the boss isn't going to help your cause. A monumentally short-sighted decision on Miller's part.

millers making mtv money, doubt he needs the ufc.

MjFrancis

I just read the synopsis of Miller's show. Is it as utterly stupid as it sounds? At least he gets to earn a paycheck without getting punched in the face.

ShaneB

I just read the synopsis of Miller's show. Is it as utterly stupid as it sounds? At least he gets to earn a paycheck without getting punched in the face.

I assume we're talking about Bully Beatdown or whatever it's called? I think I've seen it once. Yes it is ridiculous.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rob Dyrdek has filled the Mayhem Miller niche at MTV. So zany! Mayhem willl be fighting for ONE FC is no time.

I'd take Dyrdek over Mayhem as far as entertainment value goes. Fantasy Factory is a solid time waster on a Saturday afternoon.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I think the Boetsch vs Bisping is a good fight and should leave that alone

Okami vs Wandy would be good in brazil if Okami's ready or brian stann

Top Bottom