• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look Thread 2

big_z

Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh

(you will never stop noticing this now)

i find this is how a lot of americans speak. it's like their brains havent finished processing their thoughts but they're already trying to talk.

another thing i noticed was norms head in the tested videos. i picked up on it a while ago and it drives me nuts. i finally mentioned it in the comments of the video below since he's super bad in this one and now people are picking up on it.

if you're wondering what im talking about just watch norm.
http://youtu.be/xwWemnH5x2w

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That wasn't very good. They took the terrible camera from the previous games and made it worse, then took the fun out of the gameplay.

Brownmonkey

Neo Member
i find this is how a lot of americans speak. it's like their brains havent finished processing their thoughts but they're already trying to talk.

another thing i noticed was norms head in the tested videos. i picked up on it a while ago and it drives me nuts. i finally mentioned it in the comments of the video below since he's super bad in this one and now people are picking up on it.

HAHA, I honestly thought that someone had taken the right side of the video and just looped Norm for the first 10 seconds.

Eternia

Nice surprise quick look from the Ninja Gaiden 3. I am glad it was Jeff and Ryan combo as they can usually adjust smoothly when a game keeps throwing awkward and ridiculous moments at them.

ArjanN

Ninja Gaiden 3 QL was really good, even if the game might be a bit more questionable. Even if it might not live up to the previous games, It still looks like a really solid action game to me though. Also kind of hard to say if it'll stay this easy considering it's like the first level on normal.

Jintor

Lol, I always knew something weird bothered me about Norm on vid content, I hadn't realised he headbobs like crazy though.

Lol@DoubleBumper on the Resident Evil QL

Xater

Right now I am watching the Ninja Gaiden 3 QL but this is depressing. I didn't want to judge the game based on the E3 footage but hearing Jeff now explain how dumbed down it is makes it really unexciting. :(

LuchaShaq

Banned
What does their capture system look like? Is it because of that?

The only 3ds they have that can capture video is special from nintendo so I'd bet it doesn't fit with the add on.

That said the game looks awful except graphically. The more I see the more glad I am that I didn't buy a 3ds.

hamchan

I don't get why he's not using the second stick add-on, it looks like such a horribly clunky experience without it.
The demo played fine for me. I'll be getting the CPP anyways since every major release looks like it's going to be using it but the game seems good without it.

Danielsan

Vinny: "I need to know if I need to play this game before the next Resident Evil"
Brad: "Absolutely not!"

Says it all really.

Xater

Vinny: "I need to lmow if I need to play this game before the next Resident Evil"
Brad: "Absolutely not!"

Says it all really.

If the game title is not "Resident Evil + a number" you can ignore it. That is pretty much the rule for everything RE except maybe Code Veronica. I can see an argument being made that even that game is not really necessary to play.

tusken77

Ninja Gaiden 3 QL. Ninja-ing through London to Downing Street, very cool. Dumbed down gameplay and shoddy visuals, not cool.

hamchan

If the game title is not "Resident Evil + a number" you can ignore it. That is pretty much the rule for everything RE except maybe Code Veronica. I can see an argument being made that even that game is not really necessary to play.
Are we talking about gameplay wise or story wise? Code Veronica gets love from quite a few people so I can't see gameplay being a concern there. Story wise it probably isn't necessary but it's Resident Evil, does anyone take the story seriously anymore?

Danielsan

I wasn't talking about the story. Brad's quick and strong response was pretty telling about what he thinks of the overall game. The RE stories are complete shit anyway.

Xater

Are we talking about gameplay wise or story wise? Code Veronica gets love from quite a few people so I can't see gameplay being a concern there. Story wise it probably isn't necessary but it's Resident Evil, does anyone take the story seriously anymore?

Of course I mean the story. I really have no recollection of anything that happened in Code Veronica being consequential for the main series.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Of course I mean the story. I really have no recollection of anything that happened in Code Veronica being consequential for the main series.

As someone who has played through 2,3, code veronica, 4, and 5.

Let me some up the entire RE universe for you

Some zombies and then some not zombies, corporations, also Wesker.

Requeim

Just watched the NG3 quick look, looks very dumbed down from the other games. It could still be fun though, and it's easily less offensive than DmC.

hamchan

Oh the story...lol.

LuchaShaq summed it up nicely. No one should give any sort of care about the story in RE and they certainly shouldn't be using it as a guide as to which games in the series to play!

EDIT: Lol the CPP is so damn huge. Bleh, separate batteries needed for it.

chris121580

I wasn't talking about the story. Brad's quick and strong response was pretty telling about what he thinks of the overall game. The RE stories are complete shit anyway.

Um except for the fact he immediately clears things up by saying he means the story, not gameplay

NG3 just doesn't look good. And it looks like has some of the worst combat feedback of any recent action game which is really strange since that's what they seem to be trying to get. There doesn't seem to be any impact when Ryu hits enemies, just random blood everywhere.

hamchan

So the RE:Revelations QL was pretty good in showing off what the game and the circle pad pro is like. Good work Brad and Vinny.

Gomu Gomu

AAAAHHHH, why did you do this to me. I'm watching their Nokia Lumia QL, and this is the only thing I'm seeing right now.

Love Brad complaining about spatial awareness and the character's FOV in a survival horror game.

And also while the screen is covered in jam, which reduces it.

And also (quite probably) without the 3D effect on, which enhances it.

Handheld games, guys.

Darklord

Banned
Ninja Gaiden 3 looks so incredibly boring and shit. I also thought that scene where he kills the guy begging for his life to be oddly unsettling...

I also thought that scene where he kills the guy begging for his life to be oddly unsettling...

Totally. When the developers mentioned doing stuff like that in this game I laughed out loud, but this completely random moment actually totally worked on me. That scene made me feel bad and I didn't even hit the button.

sir_vin_alotqsuyk.gif

Megasoum

Banned
I don't get why he's not using the second stick add-on, it looks like such a horribly clunky experience without it.

What does their capture system look like? Is it because of that?

The only 3ds they have that can capture video is special from nintendo so I'd bet it doesn't fit with the add on.

The 3DS Capture Kits/Dev Kits have 2 large cables going from the 3DS to the kit where the game cart normally goes inside the unit (so right where the IR sensor is). There is no way they could fit the circle pad to one of those things. I work with those kits on a daily basis and while obviously super usefull they are also very clunky.

Edit: Thanks google! Here's an image:
Vwhel.jpg

Top Bottom