• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Deku Tree

Gonna do a beast claw playthrough. Trying to get the beast claw before doing Forbidden woods. Farming Ritual Blood (4) is painful. I bet trying to bear Lawrence for the rune is gonna be more painful.

Soulhouf

whats the best weapon in the game? including dlc weapons?

Saw Cleaver.
Most of the weapons are great and will do the job but in term of DPS Saw Cleaver is one of the best. If on top of that you like the moveset (which is very versatile) you have a top tier weapon.
I love the cane and Chikage too but these weapons aren't easy to use for most people.

The God

So I knocked the sniper in Old Yharnam off the tower and now I don't know where his body landed. He dropped the badge but not his armor.

smfh.

Ferr986

So I knocked the sniper in Old Yharnam off the tower and now I don't know where his body landed. He dropped the badge but not his armor.

smfh.

You buy his armor on the insight vendor.

HMS > LHB

Even though I agree, it's not really a Quality build per se, because it requires 3 stats to surprass the Ludwig.

Where can I find the Whirligig Saw? I have a strength build

From the second lamp, go down the stairs. You should see a drop of to a river of blood with crows, drop down (beware the hunter) and just before droping to the area with the pool of blood with more crows and a hunter, it's there.

Ferr986

Str = Hunter Axe, Ludwig Holy Sword, Pizza cutter
Skll = Ludwig Holy Sword, Cane, Rakuyo, Simon bow
Bloodtinge = Chikage .......Chikage?
Arcane= Ludwig Holy Sword, Burial Blade, Moonlight Sword, Boomhammer

Only if you are arcane build

Burial Blade is a DEX weapon, the ARC damage is low. Tonitrus is a better ARC weapon.

Also Moonlight is a 3-stat weapon. You need STR, DEX and ARC to do good damage with regular attacks (special attacks are another case, cause beams scale only with ARC but the blade scales with STR and DEX).

Burial Blade is a DEX weapon, the ARC damage is low. Tonitrus is a better ARC weapon.

Also Moonlight is a 3-stat weapon. You need STR, DEX and ARC to do good damage with regular attacks (special attacks are another case, cause beams scale only with ARC but the blade scales with STR and DEX).

Burial is a dex but can be used as Arcane, if you have the gems for it, not the best Dex because of mobility in my case but best arcane source of damage if you gear it well have you ever tried to fry Ludwign with pure bolt damage? Burial blade to the rescue

Exactly, Moonlight in trick mode is pure arcane for arcane build but bad as Str in normal mode, if you know how to use trick combos then you dont waste any single bullet and always stay in arcane mode like the Chikage.

Deku Tree

Game just threw me into offline mode when I clicked on online mode when I logged in... people also complaining about it in the DS3 thread.

annoying :/ just had Bloodborne crash on me, hope I didnt loose too much progress. Has Bloodborne crashed on anyone else?

WOW, it remembered the last item I just picked up and spawned me there

Deku Tree

annoying :/ just had Bloodborne crash on me, hope I didnt loose too much progress. Has Bloodborne crashed on anyone else?

WOW, it remembered the last item I just picked up and spawned me there

The game usually saves even when it crashes, and it saves a lot automatically. It's impossible to quit out of the game from the PSN menu to try to prevent your save from saving what just happened for example.

Ferr986

Burial is a dex but can be used as Arcane, if you have the gems for it, not the best Dex because of mobility in my case but best arcane source of damage if you gear it well have you ever tried to fry Ludwign with pure bolt damage? Burial blade to the rescue

Exactly, Moonlight in trick mode is pure arcane for arcane build but bad as Str in normal mode, if you know how to use trick combos then you dont waste any single bullet and always stay in arcane mode like the Chikage.

Honestly never tried a Burial ARC build, but I guess with proper gems it can be good too. Its just that the scaling is better with DEX due to the better damage. I think the weapon is really good for DEX IMO.
Curious about the Ludwig thing, considering he's weak as hell to fire.

About Moonlight, regular R1 attacks with trick mode do scale with both STR, DEX and ARC (being ARC the primary stat). I know it because I tested it myself when I was doing my MLG build. I fyou want to outdamage the Ludwig with R1s you need to invest in these 3 stats.

Now, the L2 and R2 attacks, the beam scales only with ARC, but you should always hit with both the beam and the sword, and the sword hits works like R1s.

In case you kill her, there she is.

Bloodbornetrade_20151124190528.jpg

what about all the others? kill them? leave them?

The females mostly add some backstory about Lady Maria while the male patients are hostile, be sure to look for the big head patients (the ones looking like big potatos on the ground) hitting them will drop material for the sidequet.

Deku Tree

I wish it was easier to get weapons earlier on your second or third character. Like I've already found and unlocked everything and beat the game several times ... so If I want to do a specific build with a specific weapon then why do I have to wait until the end of the DLC or the end of the regular game to get it?

Give me a shared chest or something. At least Souls lets you drop things for the people that you play with.

I wish it was easier to get weapons earlier on your second or third character. Like I've already found and unlocked everything and beat the game several times ... so If I want to do a specific build with a specific weapon then why do I have to wait until the end of the DLC or the end of the regular game to get it?

Give me a shared chest or something. At least Souls lets you drop things for the people that you play with.

Early alts wont probably meet the requirements to use it properly for late game weapons stats requirement, DLC weapons you can rush it before the first boss, the scaling also would be troublesome for early invasions with high scale weapons like Chikage or the Rakuyo

-Horizon-

No idea how I managed it this time but I finally beat OoK.

Had to farm blood vials for the first time in a long time. Took bolt paper along as well.

Also Lawrence was a jerk but more manageable in the end.

Massa

Huh... so did they completely nerf the Rifle Spear charged R2 attack range? I'm playing the game again and decided to try it out after watching ENB and it's nowhere near as effective. Didn't find anything in the change log.

Edit: nm, forgot to L1 it. Duh.

Matt Frost

There nothing like inviting a friend to help you with the Mensis rooftop boss and having to kill him by yourself after he died on the boss first strike and having to kill him all by yourself.

Also, two of my friends bought Dark Souls 3. Thinking about switching to that one to finish it then come back to Bloodborne (since I killed everything minus the final boss and the DLC) later. The DLC of BB is supposed to be harder than DS3 and I will need all the practice in the world.

There nothing like inviting a friend to help you with the Mensis rooftop boss and having to kill him by yourself after he died on the boss first strike and having to kill him all by yourself.

Also, two of my friends bought Dark Souls 3. Thinking about switching to that one to finish it then come back to Bloodborne (since I killed everything minus the final boss and the DLC) later. The DLC of BB is supposed to be harder than DS3 and I will need all the practice in the world.

I've not finalised the dlc yet but from what I've played it's very front heavy, the first boss was the hardest, then the second and third were much easier in comparison, even the normal enemies get weaker as the dlc goes on, they become much easier to read. The optional boss though hits like a freight train.

Matt Frost

I've not finalised the dlc yet but from what I've played it's very front heavy, the first boss was the hardest, then the second and third were much easier in comparison, even the normal enemies get weaker as the dlc goes on, they become much easier to read. The optional boss though hits like a freight train.

I started the DLC and got slapped in the face by the spike in difficulty. It is really hard. The minions are incredibly hard as well, but if the later bosses tend to be easier than the first then I definitely have more hope now. Thanks

Ferr986

I started the DLC and got slapped in the face by the spike in difficulty. It is really hard. The minions are incredibly hard as well, but if the later bosses tend to be easier than the first then I definitely have more hope now. Thanks

The hunters of the first area are like special enemies, way harder than the rest of regular enemies (saving a big grunt type guys in the final area). There's not a lot of them though.

gwailo

Banned
I feel like such a gimp compared to you guys, the Blood Starved Beast in Old Yarnham keeps kicking my ass. I wasted about 5 or 6 insight summoning Alfred to help and the guy got smoked every time. I did get it down to almost no energy but poisoning got me. I think I will go back on my own and just try using my gun to stun it before using the Saw Cutter (I was previously using the charge attack on the axe). The visceral attacks seemed to do a lot of damage.

I feel like such a gimp compared to you guys, the Blood Starved Beast in Old Yarnham keeps kicking my ass. I wasted about 5 or 6 insight summoning Alfred to help and the guy got smoked every time. I did get it down to almost no energy but poisoning got me. I think I will go back on my own and just try using my gun to stun it before using the Saw Cutter (I was previously using the charge attack on the axe). The visceral attacks seemed to do a lot of damage.
Try fire and dodging left.

Soulhouf

Saw Cleaver will do more damage than the axe even if the weapons stats say otherwise.
There are many beast type enemies that are weak to serrated damage in the beginning.

Pro tip for that boss: circle around it anti clockwise while attacking and make sure to remain the closest possible to it.

if you need help, just mention it :3

anyone who played the DLC will know this, just beat the 2 enemies at once section, they are easily the hardest normal enemy in the game

Deku Tree

Just got beast claw last night before doing the woods.

This is gonna be my beast claw build

40/25/40/25/5/15

Maybe take Vig/STR up to 50/50

Beast claw
Hunter Axe

Old Hunters Bone and Beast Rawr

Durja Set and then
Brador Set

Endurance rune or Health Rune
Guidance Rune
Bonus BeastHood Rune
Beast Rune from Lawrence or Co-op rune sometimes.

Mostly use beast claws two handed but What is a good pistol to use only for parrying?

gwailo

Banned
Try fire and dodging left.

Saw Cleaver will do more damage than the axe if the weapons stats say otherwise.
There are many beast type enemies that are weak to serrated damage in the beginning.

Pro tip for that boss: circle around it anti clockwise while attacking and make sure to remain the closest possible to it.

if you need help, just mention it :3

Thanks, guys. It's going to be a couple of days before I can play again but I will try those methods.

Is it possible to get weapons past +3 at this point? I have a bunch of blood stone shards from the werewolves in the area but no "twin blood shards".

Top Bottom