• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order "Panzerhund Edition"; $100.00, No game copy.

Rafterman

Banned
I don't see the problem. What's the difference between selling the collector stuff for $100 and selling it with the game for $160? There are no negatives as far as I can tell. In fact I wish all CEs went this way, I could buy the game from wherever I wanted and then get the CE stuff separately which could not only save me money, but save me having to wait instead of grabbing a digital copy. If you feel like $160 is too much for the CE of this game that's one thing, but complaining that the game doesn't come with this set is silly. GAF sure does like to bitch and moan about insignificant things.

bebop242

Yea i agree the shady part is calling this an "edition". Misleading and I'd be pissed if I paid 100 bucks and didn't realize the game was not a part of it when it arrived to my doorstep. Including the steel book case with this feels even more crappy to me.

MrBS

7rvev.jpg

xrnzaaas

Some of you are acting like this was done for the first time in the history of the gaming industry... Dead Space 3, Forza 5 and a few other titles had collector's editions without game copies.

The only thing that's really bad about this is the way how Bethesda announced this... they unintentionally created anger & confusion amongst their fans and they clearly need better people to write their press releases and product descriptions.

Vintage

I think this is a great idea. It gives you choice to purchase all the stuff when you want it. You can buy 2 collector kits, but only one copy of actual game. It's your choice. I don't understand why people are angry.

I think calling it Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition is a bit misleading, should be something like W:TNO Panzerhund Accessory Kit.

But yeah, this too. Name should be different.

Top Bottom