• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

Forbes: 'Hannibal' Season 3 Review: The Bold Gets Bolder

Great TV can come from anywhere. However, as we’ve already seen this week through UnREAL and Mr. Robot, there are some sources it’s more expected from than others, and it’s through this prism how many view NBC’s Hannibal. The world at large (at least in regard to those that watch it based on the current ratings) seems to be in agreement that Hannibal is great television despite calling NBC home, and the reasons for this are rather clear. Hannibal is interesting, dynamic, complex and, most of all, bold. Heading into season three, it’s that last quality that can best describe the first three new episodes of 2015 for they are indeed the boldest pieces of storytelling the show has produced in its time since beginning in 2013.

Hannibal is in the prime of its creativity, and that statement comes through no clearer than it does this season. Nothing about the show feels cheap, and every new reveal is completely earned. Often, the show goes to places that take the audience right to the brink of their expectation before shattering their assumptions into more pieces than the psychopath’s tea glass. If anyone was waiting for Hannibal to be let off the leash NBC may or may not have had it on, the wait is over. Season three is a Hannibal unhinged. Season three is the Hannibal everyone has been waiting to see.

berzeli

Banned
Really nice OT. Shame that I'll have to abandon it as soon as the show starts, I'm not getting a TV subscription and I'm not dealing with the other option which is the worst video player in the world.

At least Netflix Nordic is quick to get the show after it airs, but the wait will be unbearable.

But you know what's great, is the return of Lecterings!

tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o1_250.gif
tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o2_250.gif

tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o4_250.gif
tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o3_250.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
But you know what's great, is the return of Lecterings!

tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_noavf60TQ21qbsh19o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o1_250.gif
tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o2_250.gif

tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o4_250.gif
tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o3_250.gif

Goddamnit.

Those gifs always get me. Always.

Edit: From the review.

If anyone was waiting for Hannibal to be let off the leash NBC may or may not have had it on, the wait is over. Season three is a Hannibal unhinged. Season three is the Hannibal everyone has been waiting to see.

Somebody hold me.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The time between when the normal TV season ends and the summer one begins is my least favorite time of the year. I can't wait for this to come back. I need my beautiful grotesqueness.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This show is so effective i had to turn the gag reel off it was ruining the illusion, its like they are normal happy people it doesnt make sense

Malmorian

This is the best goddamned television i've ever seen. Watched both season multiple times and can't fucking WAIT for season thee. Please give me a ticket to the hype train, I am so aboard

Hannibal is in the prime of its creativity, and that statement comes through no clearer than it does this season. Nothing about the show feels cheap, and every new reveal is completely earned. Often, the show goes to places that take the audience right to the brink of their expectation before shattering their assumptions into more pieces than the psychopath’s tea glass. If anyone was waiting for Hannibal to be let off the leash NBC may or may not have had it on, the wait is over. Season three is a Hannibal unhinged. Season three is the Hannibal everyone has been waiting to see.

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

I really hope this wins a bunch of Emmys or ratings spike or something. I dont think I can take the stress at the end of each season of it being renewed or not. Such a phenomenal show, shame its not getting the recognition it deserves.

TheOddOne

- BD: ‘Hannibal’ Season Three Is Deliciously Different *Spoilers*
As much as Hannibal’s second season worked to redefine the narrative – season three elevates it in pretty much every way possible. It’s a revelation for the character, plot progression, and visual insanity. It firmly re-establishes Hannibal as the best horror show on television, and simply cannot be missed.
- EW Review.
Now in its third season, Hannibal remains the most engrossing (and gross) serial-killer drama on television, and the most beautiful. Here, the acid never stops kicking in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
13 more weeks of dreading that this isnt renewed

13 more weeks of dreading that this isnt renewed
The moment NBC drops the show is the moment a volcanic bidding war erupts among the cable and streaming giants.

Which is to say, it's probably never going to be canceled - it's minimal risk to NBC because of its unique production structure, and unlike miscellany like Constantine, the franchise itself actually carries some weight (even if the ratings haven't borne that out yet).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The moment NBC drops the show is the moment a volcanic bidding war erupts among the cable and streaming giants.

Which is to say, it's probably never going to be canceled - it's minimal risk to NBC because of its unique production structure, and unlike miscellany like Constantine, the franchise itself actually carries some weight (even if the ratings haven't borne that out yet).

I hope so, I need my full run :(

Top Bottom