• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Review Thread

shandy706

Gotta love getting old and family life. I'm only level 15....and I am on my first play through..................after getting the game on launch day. LOL

I look forward to playing this in 2 years!

tuxfool

Banned
Not really true, at least as far as Witcher 3. Both Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 had believable scale areas.

And I mean in that it felt like it could be an actual town / city where people lived not a bunch of walls with doors or a handful of houses meant to represent a town. It's been awhile since I played it, but I also want to say that The Last Remnant had a believable scale to its city as well but I could be remembering through rose tinted glasses.

There's probably other games that I'm missing too, but Bioware really stands out as suffering from very tiny areas meant to represent something huge.

Yeah. Those weren't really city scaled, but more like Villages/Towns. Vizima in W1 also felt more like a town than a city in terms of scale.

The Last Remnant did the city thing by having discrete areas connected via a city map.

Actually, I'll say that FFXII did the city/town thing pretty well.

Orca

Gotta love getting old and family life. I'm only level 15....and I am on my first play through..................after getting the game on launch day. LOL

I look forward to playing this in 2 years!

You can choose to start a 'new' Hearts of Stone game as a level 32 and set up your stats.

erawsd

I have a question, I'm still not finish the main story of W3 and I saw you get automatically leveled when you play the DLC, so would my character automatically go to whatever the new lvl of the DLC content?

You won't be automatically leveled. If you start the quest chain in an existing save game then you will play at whatever your current level is. However, you also have the option of starting a "new game" directly into the expansion, which gives you a level 30 Geralt, turns off all the main quest content, and basically lets you play a standalone version of the expac.

CHC

It is really hard not to buy and play this now, but I want to wait until the other DLC is out and do another comprehensive, totally complete play through.

That's assuming the second DLC is $15. It may end up being $20. Has there been any confirmation of price for Blood and Wine?

I expect it to be $20 but with the same 15% discount for preordering. If that is the case the total would be $25.50 for both if you take advantage of the 15% discount for both individually or $30 full price for both individually. I think makes the most sense with the expansion pass selling for $25.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It appears that you are only allowed to buy the expansion pass and not hearts of stone by itself on Xbox one. I can't find it anywhere.

On PS4 and GOG you can get it for $8.49

Am I just not seeing it?

Karl Hawk

Banned
I have a question, I'm still not finish the main story of W3 and I saw you get automatically leveled when you play the DLC, so would my character automatically go to whatever the new lvl of the DLC content?

Like eraswd, this is not true.

If you have an existing save, you can use it to play the expansion at anytime provided you got to the recommended level.

What you're talking about is an option that lets you create a level 30 Geralt with all main quest content disabled and only expansion content available.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
Like eraswd, this is not true.

If you have an existing save, you can use it to play the expansion at anytime provided you got to the recommended level.

What you're talking about is an option that lets you create a level 30 Geralt with all main quest content disabled and only expansion content available.

Not only expansion content - all the side stuff in the base game should be available as well.

T-Rex.

Banned
You won't be automatically leveled. If you start the quest chain in an existing save game then you will play at whatever your current level is. However, you also have the option of starting a "new game" directly into the expansion, which gives you a level 30 Geralt, turns off all the main quest content, and basically lets you play a standalone version of the expac.
This is perfect for me. For some reason the game isn't recognising any of my previous game saves and I just don't have the time to level Geralt up again to the required level so this is great news.

T0urbill0n

Neo Member
Hi guys I read on Marcin Momot twitter profile "UNLOCK TIME: CEST - 13 OCT at 1AM /// BST - 13 OCT at 00AM /// PDT - 12 OCT at 4PM /// EDT - 12 OCT at 7PM"

so is it already unlocked for GOG ? I'm interested only for gog version. I have the original game but it shows to me left 11 hours and 34 minutes.

Does Hearts of Stone and/or Blood and Wine come with new land masses? Or where do they take place?

Blood and Wine will take place at a separate land mass. Hearts of Stone takes place at and around Oxenford with some new points they added to the existing land mass.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Can you still buy the physical box in the US?

There were never any preorders so potentially.

There wasn't a lot of information out there but one of the guys from CDPR said on their forums that it was exclusive to gamestop. Gamestop didn't have it in their systems for preorders so your best bet is probably popping by one tomorrow to see if they have any.

erawsd

Hi guys I read on Marcin Momot twitter profile "UNLOCK TIME: CEST - 13 OCT at 1AM /// BST - 13 OCT at 00AM /// PDT - 12 OCT at 4PM /// EDT - 12 OCT at 7PM"

so is it already unlocked for GOG ? I'm interested only for gog version. I have the original game but it shows to me left 11 hours and 34 minutes.

No, your gog timer matches the times above. CEST and BST are EU time zones, PDT and EDT are NA.

Braag

I can't wait to start this DLC later next month.
I love it when DLC expands the open world and adds to it (like the DLC in Bethesda games) instead of being its own small separate campaign (like in Shadow of Mordor).

Majukun

impulse bought the expansion no sure if i really want another 20 hours of witcher 3,but it's what i'm gonna get

I went and bought this, but I still haven't made the journey to Skellige yet. Might eventually get around to the expansion content sometime next year at my current rate of progress. I'm having fun taking my time right now.

Majestad

Banned
Something weird happened the other day. I was approching a mob of people and one guy had the explanation sign for quest above his head. I engaged into the conversation with these villagers and they went over how somebody is bothering them, then they mention something about witch hunters and as soon as that happens they disappeared and there's no signs of the quest anymore.

WTF was that? Glitch?

Top Bottom