• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Jusitce League plot leaked, spoilers.

They made a scene of Flash and Superman racing to see who can save more people.

Wow.

I could believe that crap was one of the scenes in the Whedon reshoot. That and the awful line superman has when he comes to save the day. It's totally in line with some of his previous work

Not saying everything bad here should be attributed to whedon of course. But those two things really stick out to me as his involvement and this inorganic way to further lighten up the movie than it initially was

I'd be pretty shocked if those were in before he jumped on

I could believe that crap was one of the scenes in the Whedon reshoot. That and the awful line superman has when he comes to save the day. It's totally in line with some of his previous work

Not saying everything bad here should be attributed to whedon of course. But those two things really stick out to me as his involvement and this inorganic way to further lighten up the movie than it initially was

I'd be pretty shocked if those were in before he jumped on

They really sound like they could’ve been from Age of Ultron’s finale.

Although the gag of
Flash thinking he “won” but turns around to see Supes carrying a building
is potentially pretty good. And like, if it’s a one sided competition, it fits The Flash’s personality.

shira

They really sound like they could’ve been from Age of Ultron’s finale.

Although the gag of
Flash thinking he “won” but turns around to see Supes carrying a building
is potentially pretty good. And like, if it’s a one sided competition, it fits The Flash’s personality.

If Marvel did it, Batman would have won

So is that 118 minute runtime complete bullshit or what? Everything I'm reading is pointing to the movie being 150-170 minutes. Snyder even liked a random tweet asking if it was 170 minutes yesterday.

Got the 16th off already. Gonna marathon the DCEU movies and see JL right after. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Dead

well not really...yet
So is that 118 minute runtime complete bullshit or what? Everything I'm reading is pointing to the movie being 150-170 minutes. Snyder even liked a random tweet asking if it was 170 minutes yesterday.

Got the 16th off already. Gonna marathon the DCEU movies and see JL right after. Can't. Fucking. Wait.
Who knows. Maybe his cut is 170 minutes and Whedon cut it to shreds...

118 minutes definitely seems really tight for what's happening in the movie based on that full leak though.

TaterTots

Banned
Who knows. Maybe his cut is 170 minutes and Whedon cut it to shreds...

118 minutes definitely seems really tight for what's happening in the movie based on that full leak though.

If he did cut it to shreds, it could of been for the best lol.

JayCB

Tbf he did seem to imply pretty massive plot gaps. Lots of 'I can't remember how' and 'batman suddenly grew a beard'.

Poor dudes getting called rotten by people who don't like his version of it though, fanboys are massive arseholes.

Sou Da

Why don't writers ever want to use Starro or the Apellaxians as the Justice League's first enemy?

Parademons are boring.

It’s 118 in Australia. If you look at AMC or Regal’s sites in the US they say 2hs 1min. So that’s probably accurate. The 118 min is likely without credits.

longdi

Banned
Yep this sounds like Snyder DCU part 3, boom-badee-booom and then end credits.

Who is Steppenwolf? Why does he sound like a lame-ass in this film? Dat cowardice and dat ending, lol.

Chindogg

Is that really any worse than some doofus with a horned helmet?

For BvS the villain was a fucking cave troll.

Still better villains than pretty much every Marvel on screen villain not named Loki.

Thanos hasn't had significant screen time yet so let's wait that one out.

okdakor

You want a giant space starfish in the big screen?

Yes, not even kidding

cUd9qT5.jpg

It’s 118 in Australia. If you look at AMC or Regal’s sites in the US they say 2hs 1min. So that’s probably accurate. The 118 min is likely without credits.

Right...because credits are only 3 minutes long. /s

I really hope that number is wrong. Test screenings indicated around 150 and I'd love it if they had some extra stuff they were hiding until release as well. Good or bad, this thing needs to be EPIC or it needn't exist at all.

I really hope that number is wrong. Test screenings indicated around 150 and I'd love it if they had some extra stuff they were hiding until release as well. Good or bad, this thing needs to be EPIC or it needn't exist at all.
Please god no. BvS was a massive waste of time with a lot of unused time. They need to tighten up this film, not bloat it again.

NotLiquid

Yes, not even kidding

Man after a Phase 2 dominated by movies with unimaginative color grading/cinematography, it's really understated how much of a visual treat Guardians 2 was. Marvel really got their act together with that movie and Doctor Strange.

Wow, a bad guy shows up and they team up to defeat him? It's going to take me a few days to process this, my whole world just turned upside down.

Why don't writers ever want to use Starro or the Apellaxians as the Justice League's first enemy?

Parademons are boring.

That shit's too hype, and doesn't lead into Darkseid for the "ulimate crossover" build up for later. I'd laugh my ass off if they follow the Marvel formula so hard that the next JL movie stars it's own corrupt android, Amazo!

I still want Composite Superman though...

AMC's official customer support line confirmed 121 mins is correct:

jiIrjmX.jpg

This is barely gonna resemble the movie Snyder set out to do, for better or worse.
The whole Justice League two part thing always seems unnecessary and dumb to me.

And after BvS that was terribly paced and also unnecessarily long. I think a shorter tighter film is the better route,

The whole Justice League two part thing always seems unnecessary and dumb to me.

And after BvS that was terribly paced and also unnecessarily long. I think a shorter tighter film is the better route,

Problem is it might be another BvS situation where they cut out so much the editing and pacing becomes even more of a disaster.

Top Bottom