• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... interesting.

Can't see a tech-based downgrade at this stage...

Adam Boyes said Randy Pitchford told them they'd be screwed if they only put 4GB in.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
translation as a spaniard:

ocsuUR1.png

A tech article very interesting. Finally it's delayed 24 hrs, Sony wants to publish a statement about it.

It seems like the PS4 info will be published tomorrow. It's more interesting this way because there will be additional info.

That doesn't sound like it indicates anything bad. Was there another tweet that made it sound like bad news?

Maybe slightly related to this, I got an apology email from Amazon (UK) today that my PS4 preorder had changed to "no estimated delivery date", so maybe we're in for another round of Euroshaft.
Amazon send that email for pre orders without dates or items they have available for order which are ordered from the supplier on request and they take longer than expected. Nothing to worry about, I've got it too and I've had it before on other pre orders.

antonz

This is what's wrong with the gaming press side of the industry. If you have news reveal it. Sony can then make all the comments they want. You don't hold off and let them prepare damage control etc. ahead of time.

Gaming Press is far too incestuous with the industry as a whole

billsmugs

I'm personally reading those tweets as announcing an article with more info about the changing from 4GB to 8GB, which was supposedly at the last minute, hence the idea of it being a "drama." Maybe I'm being overly optimistic though?

trmas

Banned
What exactly is RAM Drama anyway? I doubt they would change the amount of RAM, and SERIOUSLY, this would have leaked to a MAJOR publication before now if it were dire. It probably has to do with the bandwidth to the CPU or something minor.

If there was a problem with the RAM, someone a little more important would know

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I thought the PS4 consumer unit recently "waltzed" through US certification. Doesn't that insure anything, or at least that whatever is happening is literally sudden?

That doesn't sound like it indicates anything bad. Was there another tweet that made it sound like bad news?

it doesn't sound alarming, or too bad, but it sounds kinda worrying, at least to my understanding, because if it wasn't then those tweets would be pointless

jayu26

Okay I'm off of this thread until the article is published.

There better be drama eurogamer, you fuck'en promised.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, Bruce, GopherD, anyone, please tell us if this are bad news. I want to embrace for terrible news.

The worst of all is the necessity that Sony has to make statements. I'm glad that the article wasn't published before they were contacted by Sony. But then again, maybe Sony is stalling for 24 hours to see how to spin the potential bad news.

Okay, I'm getting paranoid.

Into

Chances of a downgrade are slim to none, too late for that, its most likely a supply issue

Which will affect Europe more than anyone if history is any indication

Why would Sony want to make a statement about this issue?

Hoping it's nothing bad.

But the reaction for a downgrade would be oh so sweet. xD

Alchemy

If there was a major problem I would expect this info to be floating around a little more. Basically all the negative Xbone shit was floating around long before anything official was confirmed. I can't imagine Sony having a tighter ship than Microsoft for preventing leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom