• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

bluemax

Banned
Been out of Videogame football for awhile, but is this about the Twin formation of 2 WR to 1 side, #1 WR in the "slot" position?

I loved that formation ;P

The #1 WR isn't always in the slot in these formations but in a lot of them yeah. I honestly don't think that is the issue with the formation so much as it usually lines up a LBer on a WR instead of a Corner.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
After all this time I wonder what teams are the closest to their original rosters, as well as which teams are the furthest. Starter-wise, guys that were on the roster originally - T. Mays, R. Nelson, Hall, Rivers, Maualuga, Lawson, Peko, M. Johnson, Smith, Cook, Green, Gresham, Simpson. 13 of 22 current starters were originally on the team.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The #1 WR isn't always in the slot in these formations but in a lot of them yeah. I honestly don't think that is the issue with the formation so much as it usually lines up a LBer on a WR instead of a Corner.

I remember that occasionally, even when choosing a man defense, the CB would instead line up outside the TE on the far side from the WR's, leaving the OLB to cover a WR. I know the zone defense would do the same.

Going from memory, when I used the formation, and could tell the inside WR had a OLB covering him, I'd go with a pass (or audible to a pass), and go with a run to that side if it was a DB covering instead.

DCX

DCX
After all this time I wonder what teams are the closest to their original rosters, as well as which teams are the furthest. Starter-wise, guys that were on the roster originally - T. Mays, R. Nelson, Hall, Rivers, Maualuga, Lawson, Peko, M. Johnson, Smith, Cook, Green, Gresham, Simpson. 13 of 22 current starters were originally on the team.

My entire defense is changed minus Lofton. on offense i have a new FB, number 2 WR, and RG Thats all.

Edit: I also got a new TE lol

DCX

Birdman02

Double dip?

DCX

Maybe...depends on what kind of mood Mrs. Birdman is in.

Wellington said:

Colston, Moore, Graham, Harper, Evans, Brees, Vilma, Bushrod, Wilson, Jordan, Young, Ingram, Jenkins, Hall, Rodgers, Ellis, Porter. If I'm counting right, 17 of 23 starters (depending on 3-wide or 2-back sets) were on my original roster.

Miami Dolphins Starting Positions (25)
QB, HB, FB, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE, WR, WR2, SS, FS, CB, CB2, ROLB, ILB, ILB2, LOLB, LE, DT, RE, P, K, PR/KR.

Starters Now Holding a Clipboard(1)
QB Chad Henne

Starters Still Starting(14)
FB Polite
TE Anthony Fasano
LT Jake Long
C Mike Pouncey
WR Davonne Bess
RT Nate Garner
CB Vontae Davis
ROLB Wake
LE Langford
DT Soliai
RE Starks
K Carpenter
P Fields
KR/PR Reggie Bush*

Now Starting from the Original Bench(3)
OLB Koa Misi
G John Jerry
HB Daniel Thomas

*Originally wasn't starting return man, just starting HB. Is no longer starting HB.

TheCrow

Around 10 of my current starters have been with my team since the start. QB: Tebow, OLB: Miller, CB: Bailey, DE: Dumervil, WR: D. Thomas, S: Rahim Moore, K: Prater, G: Kuper, T: Clady. Everyone else was mostly drafted or from trades early on in the league, with some FA pick ups.

McNei1y

My roster is pretty much the same as when I started but I do have different starters because of rookies.

People that are gone from original roster are: scrubs that were fillers, AP, Kevin Williams, Woodson, Winfield, and McNabb.

bluemax

Banned

Hmm:

QB: Nope, gone are T-Jack and Clipboard Jesus
RB: Nope, although I still have Lynch on the roster but he's not the starter per se.
FB: Yes!
TE: Nope, I traded Miller and let Carlson walk after last season.
WR: Rice and Williams are still the starters
OL: 3/5 Yes. Carpenter, Okung and Moffitt are all still starters.

DE: Nope, I let Bryant and Clemons go because I had younger, better, cheaper options
DT: Mebane and Branch are still around.
ROLB: Nope, although LeRoy Hill stuck around a lot longer than I wanted.
MLB Yes, Hawthorne has been one of the best defensive players in the league.
LOLB: Virtual Aaron Curry > Real Aaron Curry
FS: Virtual ET < Real ET but he's still good.
SS: Nope Traded for Branch and let Chancellor go when he got more expensive.
CB: Trufant lasted a few seasons before he declined way too much. Browner got dealt for AJ Hawk. That being said my 2 replacements were both on my roster at the start of the franchise.

K: Nope I dumped Hauschka first chance I got for a stronger kicker.
P: Still Jon Ryan!

So I still have 7/11 offensive starters although Lynch has been demoted and 4/11 original defensive starters. Almost all of my players that are gone were because they declined and wanted more money then they were worth, which after 3+ seasons seems pretty reasonable.

Of my 11 new starters I have:

QB: Drafted
RB: Drafted
TE: 1 Trade, 1 Draft
OL: 2 Drafted

DE: 1 Drafted, 1 FA
ROLB: FA
SS: Trade
CB: Original roster players that progressed into starters

K: FA

So yeah, the bulk of my new starters were through the draft.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just think it's interesting to look at this. How many guys that were drafted were able to crack the starting lineup. I have like 2. The rest are FA additions. Goes to show how bad I have been drafting.

bluemax

Banned
I just think it's interesting to look at this. How many guys that were drafted were able to crack the starting lineup. I have like 2. The rest are FA additions. Goes to show how bad I have been drafting.

I think it also depends upon your initial depth as well as where you've drafted every season.

I had the #2 overall pick in the first draft and I've had like the #16th or so pick in the last two drafts.

I've also drafted a lot of BPA because there wasn't a prospect on the board at a position I needed that I valued highly enough. As a result I've had to run with shitty ROLBs this entire franchise as well as kind of mediocre CBs.

BigAT

I've had a lot of turnover, Giants are pretty old at a lot of positions. Bolded are starters from season one, method of acquisition in parenthesis for those that aren't.

QB - Roethlisberger (Trade)
HB - Ahmad Bradshaw
FB - Somedude (Draft)
WR - Hakeem Nicks
LT - James Brewer (Former Backup)
LG - Shane Rogers (Draft)
C - Beau McQueen (Draft)
RG - Chris Snee
RT - Kareem McKenzie
TE - Travis Beckum

wR - Kileon Waugh (Draft)

DE - JPP
DT - William Wright (Draft)
DT - Marvin Austin (Former Backup)
DE - Justin Tuck
OLB - Gary Guyton (FA)
MLB - Jonathon Goff
OLB - Thomas Davis (FA)
CB - Prince Amukamara (Former Backup)
FS - Damond Hamilton (Draft)
SS - Kenny Phillips (Former Backup)
CB - Chris Gamble (FA)

So only 8 original starters from year one, although an additional four starters were on the original roster. 6 new starters filled from the draft, only 3 from free agency.

TheCrow

Trying to run dolphin on my laptop and it's running Xenoblade and MH: Tri pretty slow. Might be time to put together a desktop for myself.

Will do a similar write up for my team soon. Want to see how my current team came to be.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I thought I already played you twice! Tonight's no good, started drinking during my game with gc... Most likey I could play wednesday around 730 or 8.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I thought I already played you twice! Tonight's no good, started drinking during my game with gc... Most likey I could play wednesday around 730 or 8.

thats fine. im not advancing for a few hours anyway.

9 PM PDT on the dot folks. unless people are in the middle of a game

Birdman02

I think my new starters are all draftees...OLB Dickerson (probably my best defensive player now), CB Walls, WR Law, and O-linemen Ford and Kelly. I've had pretty good drafts considering I've been in the late teens to early 20s every season.

That said, the Saints starting roster probably had much more depth than most, so I didn't really have to fill too many holes.

Mrbob

Fuuuck, guess I'll be taking my banged up team against the BS cpu. Don't know where Eznark is. Damn it this is going to be a lot harder than it should be, too many devastating offensive injuries.

My roster is pretty much the same as when I started but I do have different starters because of rookies.

People that are gone from original roster are: scrubs that were fillers, AP, Kevin Williams, Woodson, Winfield, and McNabb.

you and nightz playing tonight? he said he'd be home at 7 (which is in 10 mins). all other games are in process

GCQuinton

Current Carolina Panthers Starting Lineup

QB - Cam Newton
HB - Jonathan Stewart
FB - Jerome Felton

WR - Greg Jennings (FA)
WR - Steve Smith
TE - Greg Olsen
LT - Jordan Gross

LG - Leroy Harris (FA)
C - Ryan Kalil
RG - Geoff Schwartz

RT - Lee Ziemba (Former Backup)

DE - John Abraham (FA)
DE - NaQuan Watson (Draft)
DT - Terrell McClain
DT - Nick Fairley (Trade)
OLB - Emmanuel Marshall (Draft)
MLB - Dan Connor (Former Backup)
OLB - James Anderson
CB - Edwin Johnson (Draft)
CB - Brandon Hogan (Former Backup)
FS - Dontravious Taylor (Draft)
SS - Charles Godfrey

K - Sean Harris (Draft)
P - Jason Baker

So that's 8 originals still starting on offense, 3 on defense and Jason Baker at P giving me 12.

Aside from Greg Jennings and the two line switches, I've hardly touched my offense at all. I've pretty much cleaned house on defense, though, and losing Beason didn't help matters.

GCQuinton

Where's Sean Smith nowadays GCQ?

Captain's leading the team with 4 picks atm. :D
Then again, I'm 2-7..

He's been my #3 CB since last year when I drafted Edwin Johnson, who had eight picks his rookie season. Nobody's really standing out this year, though.

And we're 2-7, too. Feel like I'm just going through the motions with this team this year...

BigAT

Doesnt count. The team you played still had the mark of livewire all over it. and Peyton was injured.

Fair enough. On further consideration, I guess the CPU is bullshit. I beat them by far less than I would have the human owner.

Mrbob

I went super conservative after Carter Stone returned a fumble for a TD on the opening GB drive. Ran it 35 times, passed only twice to avoid turnovers. Still a pain to play the CPU packers but I just bored them to victory!

I have hardly anyone left to throw the ball too, so why even pretend!

Brooks is finally back next though, and Knox the following. 4-0 without Brooks, some people said I couldn't win without him!

Fun Fact: If Nightz wins there are 7 teams between the NFC North, South, and East which will be 8-2. Only 5 get into the playoffs thanks to the shameful NFC West champion.

I went super conservative after Carter Stone returned a fumble for a TD on the opening GB drive. Ran it 35 times, passed only twice to avoid turnovers. Still a pain to play the CPU packers but I just bored them to victory!

I have hardly anyone left to throw the ball too, so why even pretend!

Brooks is finally back next though, and Knox the following. 4-0 without Brooks, some people said I couldn't win without him!

Fun Fact: If Nightz wins there are 7 teams between the NFC North, South, and East which will be 8-2. Only 5 get into the playoffs thanks to the shameful NFC West champion.

haters-gonna-hate-monkey-big-balls.jpg

p.s. are all the games done now?

Top Bottom