• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC - 1.99GB size, not available for Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Couple of updates.

- Mike Gamble has stated the Omega DLC will be 1.99GB on Xbox LIVE. For comparison, Leviathan is 1.65GB.

- According to the official Mass Effect 3 twitter, Omega DLC will not be available for purchase and download on the Wii U. Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC only at this point in time.

Reiko

Banned
me2-illusive_man-headl7pp2.jpg

That EA Wii U Support...

Man, EA is being super passive aggressive with Wii U.

Fuck them, they're not getting any of my early adopter business. I'll stick with Ubisoft Wii U games, thanks all the same.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Probably worth noting that if Omega isn't going to be available, I can't imagine Leviathan will be, given it's not on the disk.

JDSN

Banned
EA= Ugly Ex-Gf who still owes you money. I hope third parties like Ubi and Warner Bros and to a lesser extend Activision enjoy decent success with the pedigree they are putting behind the console.

Wow man, why is that? I was following the Wii U pretty closely but is that because of limitations of the Wii U ? I don't get it.

Edit: just saw stump's post.

EatChildren

Someone said From Ashes is on the disk, but I'm not 100% on that. I know all the multiplayer content so far and the extended cut ending DLC are on the disk.

And it's possible that the Wii U doesn't 'support' DLC at this point in time, either because Nintendo doesn't have the firmware and eStore framework finished, or they just didn't bother to give third parties the necessary info on how to set it up. It definitely will/does support DLC, as NSMBU is built to support it, but I don't think there's any launch game DLC available so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a problem.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
this is news

No, it isn't. As Nintendo themselves noted earlier today, the system update required to deal with DLC will be added in December. Thus, the Wii U, as of this time, does not support DLC.

I can't speculate on whether or not they are certifying DLC behind the scenes--so if they don't start certifying DLC until the system update comes, that'll be another month or more before devs are actually releasing DLC.

NateDrake

Someone said From Ashes is on the disk, but I'm not 100% on that. I know all the multiplayer content so far and the extended cut ending DLC are on the disk.

And it's possible that the Wii U doesn't 'support' DLC at this point in time, either because Nintendo doesn't have the firmware and eStore framework finished, or they just didn't bother to give third parties the necessary info on how to set it up. It definitely will/does support DLC, as NSMBU is built to support it, but I don't think there's any launch game DLC available so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a problem.

Didn't the TVii press release say the Dec. firmware update will bring DLC support to games?

EatChildren

Didn't the TVii press release say the Dec. firmware update will bring DLC support to games?

Stump just explained it. I hadn't read the press release, and TVii is useless to me in Australia.

I guess Omega + more DLC is possible for later. Alas, no DLC at launch.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
No, it isn't. As Nintendo themselves noted earlier today, the system update required to deal with DLC will be added in December. Thus, the Wii U, as of this time, does not support DLC.

I can't speculate on whether or not they are certifying DLC behind the scenes--so if they don't start certifying DLC until the system update comes, that'll be another month or more before devs are actually releasing DLC.

Whoa. That is frankly something Nintendo should have had ready from day 1.

Panic mode on at launch

Rich ‏@RichIGN
From Nintendo: online play, backwards compatibility, Miiverse and eShop are all in the Day One update. Delay only for video apps.

Rich ‏@RichIGN
Nintendo also tells me the TVii delay is about making "a great experience for consumers" and that it will be available ASAP in

Rich ‏@RichIGN
ACIII Wii U will get a Day One patch similar to how PS3 and 360 versions received one. Something to keep in mind.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Whoa. That is frankly something Nintendo should have had ready from day 1.

Why start with day 1? This is frankly something Nintendo should have been ready circa early to mid 2007. What's that? Day ... uh... -2050?

Panic mode on at launch

Rich ‏@RichIGN
From Nintendo: online play, backwards compatibility, Miiverse and eShop are all in the Day One update. Delay only for video apps.

Rich ‏@RichIGN
Nintendo also tells me the TVii delay is about making "a great experience for consumers" and that it will be available ASAP in

Rich ‏@RichIGN
ACIII Wii U will get a Day One patch similar to how PS3 and 360 versions received one. Something to keep in mind.

From Nintendo:

Games: Wii U is launching with 29 packaged games, plus a handful of digital games, marking the largest launch lineup in Nintendo history... A number of these titles will also be available for purchase digitally in the Nintendo eShop alongside a strong launch-day lineup of downloadable digital-only games... Wii U owners can expand the storage capacity of their systems by adding their own USB external hard disc drives. Downloadable content for select games, such as additional levels or maps, will roll out in December following a system update. Wii U is backward compatible with almost all Wii™ games and Wii accessories.

Well this is better than no DLC at all. Also I would like to point out that this matches the first DLC we know of for Wii U

NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge for Wii U will have free, exclusive playable characters! The first one is Momiji, Dragon Shrine Maiden. She will be available in Challenge Mode and Ninja Trials mode in early December. Check her out in action at http://youtu.be/DG-TuROMO0c

Nintendo's Facebook/twitter http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...47825825.71668.322374604497086&type=1&theater

IoCaster

Gold Member
Wii U just constantly getting the shit end of the stick with ME3 innit?

Actually, the shit end of the stick would be having to interact with Aria T'Loak for an extended period of time in any setting. Uninteresting, obnoxious and loathsome without any plot integral function or reason to exist. You can safely ignore her in ME3 unless you're desperate for some more meaningless war asset points. Hell, they railroad you into talking to her in ME2 since any info you get from her about Mordin, Garrus or Morinth should have been easily available from any random Omega NPC. She's just another one of Mac "Da Hack" Walters crappy inserts. :|

Ridley327

Why start with day 1? This is frankly something Nintendo should have been ready circa early to mid 2007. What's that? Day ... uh... -2050?

From Nintendo:

That certainly goes a long way to explaining the last minute bait-and-switch regarding the Nuketown 2025 map for CODBLOPS2. I wonder if they're just going to make it a free download for Wii U players once the update goes live.

EC after seeing that DLC is a late update on Wii U maybe those ME3 DLCs are not ruled out just months late as Stump points out.

those are some large downloads I am kinda surprised by them.

Any word on costs?

xbhaskarx

Wii U does not support DLC at this time. How do you expect them to not give them the shit end of the stick?

I'm gonna quote myself from another thread:
Why can't anything ever be normal with Nintendo and WiiU?

There is always some weird twist to everything, it's like they're just fucking with people, or seeing what bizarre decisions they can get fanboys to defend.

"There will be cross game chat, but only for people over 5'10" on Wednesdays."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom