• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will we be seeing HDR on every new game?

HDR is a fucking scam and a travesty of a feature. And this is from the dumb ass who bought a 2000 euro HDR compatible TV last years cause I got scammed like an idiot.

And the implementation in some of the games is absolutely atrocious e.g. Infamous Second Son. Unplayable in this mode and whoever says otherwise can.......

It's like all the madness with 3d gaming on consoles some years back, they needed to push the sales. Who the fuck wants a 3d TV nowadays? Tell me! HDR will be forgotten in 12 months or so.

And don't even get me started about the movies supporting it....

The only impressive things are those Samsung, Sony, LG demos - created to full idiots like myself.

PS: best looking HDR game? Nex Machina and it's not even a contest with the others..

You have absolutely NO IDEA what you are talking about. But it's a HDR thread and there is always a few of you lurking about.

Colbert

Banned
Destiny 2 disappointingly does not have it in the current Beta and neither will it have it at launch apparently. Seems like an exception for larger PS4 games this year.

Is that really, I mean really, true? If yes, that sucks immensely!

Is it worth the investment for developers when the majority of consumers won't have access to the feature? I'm sure it'll be a standard in a handful of years but not any time soon. HDR is a very hard thing to sell so we'll see if it takes off.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I need a 27-34" 144Hz+ 1440p+ HDR monitor available for purchase first.

I am eagerly awaiting this as well... going to be pricey as hell, but I'm jumping first thing those go up.

Top Bottom