• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

kiriin

Still remember the day when bebpo first created the ct; I ended up spoiling some small stuff in the first post :p

Still lurk about. Would like a discord invite please.

I would like an invite too. I been mostly a lurker but i always liked to visit once a while this OT.

When Neogaf was closed this community was the one i missed the most since i wouldnt know where to find other Kiseki fans

Shouta

After stewing on Sen III a bit since I completed my playthrough, this game probably ranks pretty high on my overall list within the series as whole. It's above Sen 2 but below Ao and Zero.

It has its problems at times but I feel like they've really polished what they built in the first two games and made a pretty great one. I sort of wish the story developed wasn't so back-heavy but it really makes the end pretty wild.

Mind you, I rate the games based on story and gameplay, lol.

Aters

After stewing on Sen III a bit since I completed my playthrough, this game probably ranks pretty high on my overall list within the series as whole. It's above Sen 2 but below Ao and Zero.

It has its problems at times but I feel like they've really polished what they built in the first two games and made a pretty great one. I sort of wish the story developed wasn't so back-heavy but it really makes the end pretty wild.

Mind you, I rate the games based on story and gameplay, lol.

You might just be the only (ex)mod that posts on this forum after everything. Anyway, I heard similar impression from a lot of people. Glad Falcom put their shit together.

Shouta

You might just be the only (ex)mod that posts on this forum after everything. Anyway, I heard similar impression from a lot of people. Glad Falcom put their shit together.

Yeah, I'm probably the only ex-mod posting regularly. This has been like home to me as I've been around getting close to 20 years now? I was one of the mods before it became Neo. Gonna hang out and see where things go, if it doesn't work out, I'll gravitate to where I can get discussion in this format.

Anyway, I definitely hope they can provide a final Sen game that really delivers. They have all of it there so I really want then to break the mold with the structure like they did with Ao a bit by focusing on different concepts, at least as I recall, in each chapter as they move towards the finale.

Gameplay definitely needs a difficulty boost or I'm just gonna okay nightmare right away. Hard was super easy this time.

Regardless of what's happened, Falcom discussion's getting stronger across forums, BBSes, and imageboards alike. I'd be glad to see this NeoGAF thread continue even if many of us prefer another platform.

The best thing I can say with certainty about Sen III is Falcom's brought back Vantage Master, even if just for a mini-game slot. More people ought to learn about VM Online and help us
figure out how to connect and play online
build a playership of sorts.

Aters

Anyway, I definitely hope they can provide a final Sen game that really delivers. They have all of it there so I really want then to break the mold with the structure like they did with Ao a bit by focusing on different concepts, at least as I recall, in each chapter as they move towards the finale.

Gameplay definitely needs a difficulty boost or I'm just gonna okay nightmare right away. Hard was super easy this time.

Really? I got the impression that Sen 3 is actually hard. I think Famitsu review also mentioned that. I wonder how long it will take for this game to get localized.

Shouta

Really? I got the impression that Sen 3 is actually hard. I think Famitsu review also mentioned that. I wonder how long it will take for this game to get localized.

Well, I might be a bit more experienced than most but I found Hard a cakewalk. The new order system, sub-master quartz, break system, and revamped quartz really put a lot of power in the hands of the player. You could destroy enemies very fast abd take minimal damage if done right

In particular, the new Scorpio quartz is ridiculous. It increases the damage you do to enemies when they're in break status so all you have to do is get them there and go to town the proper brave orders and crafts it attacks.

Jolkien

I'd like an invite to the Discord as well, I missed you all people the most. I have the same Username on Discord as well. And Jo1kien on twitter (someone took my name)

Shouta

I was looking at the timeline for the series in regards to Sen III and where it puts us for the next game. A bit of speculation and Sen III spoilers, of course.

Considering that the game ends in July of 1206 and the liberation of Crossbell is, at some point, in 1207, I fully a expect another time skip of 5-6 months with Rean and Valimar mk2 to be imprisoned the entire time so as not to interfere with what the Gnomes and Ouroboros are up to. This will allow the various players still within the story to set up what will happen with Erebonia.

What that entails is a mystery, obviously. However, we do know that the situation in Erebonia became unstable enough for Crossbell to push back the Empire and declare themselves independent. The other possibility is that the Empire had to withdraw from Crossbell which seems like the potential outcome to me.

Considering all of the foreshadowing, Sen IV might have an all out war there with Calvard which will lead to Crossbell independence. It makes the most sense considering all of the huge train cannons and the building they were doing at Tangram gate in the game. Then the question becomes will it be Calvard pushing the Empire back or will it be internal strife that causes Erebonia to retreat? The questions. If it's the former, I wonder what kind of forces would Calvard have to do that when Erebonia has Panzer Soldats.

Then there's the movements of the Gralsritter. It seems like they'll have a big part to play in Sen IV considering the curse has spread so far.

I'm tired so it's half rambling but I'm really excited for Sen IV even more so after thinking about the stuff in Sen III, lol

PantsuJo

Regardless of what's happened, Falcom discussion's getting stronger across forums, BBSes, and imageboards alike. I'd be glad to see this NeoGAF thread continue even if many of us prefer another platform.

The best thing I can say with certainty about Sen III is Falcom's brought back Vantage Master, even if just for a mini-game slot. More people ought to learn about VM Online and help us
figure out how to connect and play online
build a playership of sorts.

I'd love to see a new release of Vantage Master on Steam and GOG.

Such an cool game. (Also, it was hard as hell, for what I remember)

I'd love to see a new release of Vantage Master on Steam and GOG.

Such an cool game. (Also, it was hard as hell, for what I remember)
Realistically, the best way XSEED could repackage and release VM on digital distribution would be to provide a far more compatible way to play online. IPv4 TCP/IP play just doesn't work decent (if it all even with Hamachi or another VPN) on modern Windows, let alone other OSes. But that might be a fool's errand depending on how the game's programmed. It'd be easier to extract the game assets and make a play-by-email webgame at this point. Getting a proper English TL of the campaign story and menus would make my day, though, and I hope we at least get fan patches for VM V2 (+ VM Japan at some point) and then the Lord Monarch games up through Monarch Monarch.

preta

Realistically, the best way XSEED could repackage and release VM on digital distribution would be to provide a far more compatible way to play online. IPv4 TCP/IP play just doesn't work decent (if it all even with Hamachi or another VPN) on modern Windows, let alone other OSes. But that might be a fool's errand depending on how the game's programmed. It'd be easier to extract the game assets and make a play-by-email webgame at this point. Getting a proper English TL of the campaign story and menus would make my day, though, and I hope we at least get fan patches for VM V2 (+ VM Japan at some point) and then the Lord Monarch games up through Monarch Monarch.

Vantage Master Online is V2. It's the original game that remains untranslated.

Shouta

I'm actually pretty surprised Falcom hasn't decided to do a mobile Vantage Master or something. The Sen III version would work really well as a mobile app with a bit of tuning.

Aters

There are rumors on 2ch saying CS1+2 for PS4 will come out next year. I hope it won't affect CS4's release. If Falcom can't get CS4 out next year it will be a huge blow to their face.

PantsuJo

Vantage Master Online is V2. It's the original game that remains untranslated.

Yes, I was referring to V2, english language and freeware too! Glorious Falcom!

(I don't find the game website anymore, HG101 seems to have deleted its article in the process of changing site)

Shouta

So, it turns out using the Vita TV to stream Ao no Kiseki Evolution isn't too shabby. It's gotten my motivation to play the game to go up as a result. I've had it for ages but didn't get around to it since I had finished Ao not that long before Evo came out. It's also nice to use a
PS3 controller again, lol.

I did notice something pretty interesting right away though.
In the prologue, they're talking about the medications that were used in Zero being Azure color but there was mention of a more powerful version being red/crimson colored, I think. I was only skimming the dialogue so I'd need to go over it again but I thought that was sorta of interesting in light of what we know from Sen III!

I lost my save data from when I did Zero Evo though so I might consider going through that quick to get a file to transfer over to Ao Evo if I do stream it.

JohannCK

Hey there, my review for Sen 3 has gone up on Frontline Gaming Japan.

I actually wrote this right after clearing the game last year but then the site's launch got delayed and we decided on spacing out reviews since none of the ones we had queued would be fresh anyway.

The review is based on my first run through the game which was an attempt at getting 100% and S-ranks for everything; Unfortunately I missed a couple of profile updates to characters (turns out Kenneth Lakelord hangs out in a cabin outside of the town for a few days and that's where you get his updates) but otherwise did everything else; Got all the books and recipes, defeated the superboss, etc.

I plan on taking a week or two off when 4 is out to marathon it.

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
Hey there, my review for Sen 3 has gone up on Frontline Gaming Japan.

I actually wrote this right after clearing the game last year but then the site's launch got delayed and we decided on spacing out reviews since none of the ones we had queued would be fresh anyway.

The review is based on my first run through the game which was an attempt at getting 100% and S-ranks for everything; Unfortunately I missed a couple of profile updates to characters (turns out Kenneth Lakelord hangs out in a cabin outside of the town for a few days and that's where you get his updates) but otherwise did everything else; Got all the books and recipes, defeated the superboss, etc.

I plan on taking a week or two off when 4 is out to marathon it.
Nice review, good to see there are still Trails fans left here.

Can I ask roughly how long it took you to complete your first run?

JohannCK

Nice review, good to see there are still Trails fans left here.

Can I ask roughly how long it took you to complete your first run?

Going in completely blind and trying to do everything (talking to all NPCs, etc) clocked in at just a bit below 100 hours, IIRC.

Shouta

It took me about 120 hours but I was translating as I playing on stream. Knocking off 20-30 hours would probably be closer to the actual time I'd have playing it offline.

I'm pretty excited for Sen IV but man, Falcom sure knows how to put out the spoilery images for teasers.

Top Bottom