• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJ man caught with record setting amout of prescription drugs indicted

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
AP

A man who New Jersey authorities say had a record-setting amount of the highly addictive painkiller fentanyl has been indicted on drug possession charges.

Yahmire Boardley is also charged with intent to distribute the drug in the indictment that was handed up Monday.

The 23-year-old Camden man allegedly had 31 pounds of fentanyl when he was arrested in March. State Attorney General Christopher Porrino says it’s the largest seizure of the drug in state history.

Porrino said the supply could have yielded upward of five million lethal doses if sold on the street. 

Brannon

The hell, you can't even touch that stuff without being affected, and he's handling that much of it?

Ride that snake I guess.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Idk how you'd be able to get a hold of that much at once. That shit is under strict lock and key, and shit that does get out isn't 31 fuckin pounds.

Cyanity

Banned
Do people actually seek out fentanyl, despite the fact that it kills thousands of people weekly? Or is it just cut into heroin to make people think they've got super pure stuff?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Do people actually seek out fentanyl, despite the fact that it kills thousands of people weekly? Or is it just cut into heroin to make people think they've got super pure stuff?

Its cut into other drugs.

whitehawk

Banned
I believe the idea is that fentanyl is super potent so you can use a little bit in heroin and make it just as strong/stronger for cheaper.

However fentanyl is SO potent, that it's very easy for amateur drug cutters to put too much in and end up killing their clients.

Fentanyl is probably the best argument for legalization for more drugs right now.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
No way that was prescription fentanyl.. that shit's in the mg by prescription or the microgram.

No way the dude had the lollipops or patches in that amount.. this was smuggled mexican lab stuff.

This shit kills people, and it's the biggest reason we have so many OD's these days.

Heroin in a pure form isn't killing people. It's not good for you, but it's not killing you.

Taking heroin with an unknown amount of fentanyl will kill you if it has too much fentanyl.

I believe the idea is that fentanyl is super potent so you can use a little bit in heroin and make it just as strong/stronger for cheaper.

However fentanyl is SO potent, that it's very easy for amateur drug cutters to put too much in and end up killing their clients.

Fentanyl is probably the best argument for legalization for more drugs right now.

Yeah, it's used to cut into heroin to stretch out how many bags you can get out of it. Since you only need to add so little fentanyl, you can stretch a batch of heroin out big time.

Legalized heroin would cut the amount of overdoses in a big way. It'd also allow us to treat people better with addiction and get the money out of the cartels hands.

Won't ever happen though. Too much liability in the States to allow it.

CHC

Good. Fentanyl is really nasty stuff, way too dangerous to just be on the street.

Seriously.

Look, I'm not one of those people who is stupidly anti-drug and gets all up in arms about how inherently dangerous a substance is. I've known people who have used heroin a couple times, etc. It's all about how you use it.

That said, fentanyl cut into other shit is a death cocktail. It shouldn't be out there, or if it is, people should know what they're getting.

It's rare that people knowingly use it (usually it's used to "pep" up cut heroin) but those that seek it out usually use a patch. That's typically how it's used in a medical setting. Still though, that's pretty uncommon in comparison to just popping pills or doing heroin.

turmoil

Banned
Sometime ago I read that once police in Canada found enough carfentanyl(several times more powerful than fentanyl) to kill 50 million people.

Access to clean heroin should be regulated to reduce the traffic of these chemical weapons.

big_z

Its cut into other drugs.

It gets used solo by hardcore addicts quite often but ya a lot of that would likely be cut into other drugs.

Heisenberg would be appalled by today's drug quality. Low quality trash cut with this to make up for the lack of kick. Race to the bottom.

Idk how you'd be able to get a hold of that much at once. That shit is under strict lock and key, and shit that does get out isn't 31 fuckin pounds.

giphy.gif

Fucking bastard. Imagine how much of that would have been sold as heroin or mixed in with it and caused ODs
This is the real takeaway. That shit causes so many deaths. Hundreds of people's lives were spared from this bust. Likely thousands even. A minuscule amount is needed to OD.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, 31 pounds. I'm glad they got this cargo before it could hurt anyone.

31 pounds could kill tens of thousands of people. Fuck.

I blame big pharma and doctors in the late 90's through the early 2010's for this epidemic. Hope your free vacations where worth it you fucking scum bags.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Seriously.

Look, I'm not one of those people who is stupidly anti-drug and gets all up in arms about how inherently dangerous a substance is. I've known people who have used heroin a couple times, etc. It's all about how you use it.

That said, fentanyl cut into other shit is a death cocktail. It shouldn't be out there, or if it is, people should know what they're getting.

It's rare that people knowingly use it (usually it's used to "pep" up cut heroin) but those that seek it out usually use a patch. That's typically how it's used in a medical setting. Still though, that's pretty uncommon in comparison to just popping pills or doing heroin.

By script it's typically patches (Duragesic) or swab/lollipops... it's used for hospice or very severe chronic pain. Getting a script for it to use as recreational drug would be really really hard for someone... though it does get abused. The patches are time release, meant to release over a long period of time, that's what it's a patch. The lollipop is for people who can't swallow with severe pain, typically the elderly on their last legs.

People do smoke the patches though, there was a thread not long ago about a doctor who got hooked on 'em.

That said, what is talked about here isn't any of those things, it's lab made mexican fentanyl... which is used to cut with heroin to get more doses or be made into fake vicodin pills.

Junkies typically aren't seeking out pure fent, nor do they want it.

Shit's literally poison, and accounts probably for a HUGE chunk of the OD's in the last few years.

Top Bottom