• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Data wipes after a closed beta are 100% the norm. I can't think of a single game where that wasn't the case.

Also, I don't really understand the complaints about pricing. We are talking about Disney/Marvel. Do you want to play as Marvel characters? Then expect to pay a premium! Heh.

ZeoVGM

Banned
No Nightcrawler at launch? My fiancee will be upset.

How do the additional costumes in this game work? Do you unlock them or are they also purchased with real money and/or Gs?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Have they revealed any technical details about the beta and how it runs/at what resolution etc ? Or maybe we'll just have to wait until it's actually out.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Nice to know they solved this for the console version while loot and inventory management remains a complete disaster on the PC version after literally years of people telling them that it's fucked. They really don't give a fuck about the PC version anymore huh
Yep, it's pathetic. Sours me on a company I wasn't hot on to begin with

Lashley

I remember going on the Marvel Heroes website every month to see if new costumes were available. I loved seeing how they would translate into video game form. Now I can finally play it.

Yes, I'm weird.

I mean, you could have years ago

/pedantic

Lashley

Friends playing or a gaf supergroup might be enough to make me play this over my pc version

A transfer would ensure it, but nevermind

Lashley

DareDevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.
War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

Ugh ffs. Roster has been pillaged enough already without exclusives added in

Has there been any talk of who's making the GAF Group?
Nope
Spider-Man is my main interest anyways, so fuck it. Put me down for $20.

How long is this supposed to last?
The beta? A week I'd wager

4 player local? Man, love me some Diablo and MUA, been looking forward to this. Hopefully I can keep a connection and if disconnected not much is lost. I've shit internet, sadly.

Lashley

4 player local? Man, love me some Diablo and MUA, been looking forward to this. Hopefully I can keep a connection and if disconnected not much is lost. I've shit internet, sadly.
I imagine it'll be always online like it is on pc

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I may lose the fact that I have every hero and a ton of costumes on the PC but at least I get War Machine and Daredevil for free, lulz.

I wish they would so something similar to what Hi-Rez did with Smite. If I can't transfer my 200$ worth of stuff that is sleeping in my account I haven't used in over a year, I will not even consider installing the game on my Xbox.

However, for new players this is amazing news. For the time I played this I really enjoyed it. Diablo with marvel character you can't really go wrong here.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Whoa, I just read that for now, to get Iron Fist and the Enhanced Symbiote SpiderMan skin, you have to buy ALL the Founder's Packs. They'll be made available to buy later on, but that's nuts.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Whoa, I just read that for now, to get Iron Fist and the Enhanced Symbiote SpiderMan skin, you have to buy ALL the Founder's Packs. They'll be made available to buy later on, but that's nuts.

On the PC, The Symbiote spiderman costume was a non-timed (permanent) exclusive for people who bought the original $200 founders pack, which contained every launch hero. It was never made available after that.

Local coop has been confirmed actually

Even though I've spent close to 200 dollars on a game I play incredibly infrequently and won't get access to any of that stuff, this changes everything.

fuck.

I wonder if it'll have the same stuttery shitty performance that the PC version has for no reason

Was so excited for this, but then learned progress won't carry over from PC. I'm too far into the PC version($$$) to start over on PS4 sadly.

Still not sure why its like this. The progress is tied to your account name. Only thing I can think of is them wanting people that already spent money to spend more money to start over, which would be a 180 by Gazillion because their F2P model is 100% fair and awesome.

Wow...the forums over there are a cavalcade of PC players lamenting the fact that they get nothing from the creation of the console game.

... o_O

Its a legitimate complaint. Myself and quite a few of my PS4 friends put a lot of time and money into Marvel Heroes. It is account based, so nobody can pinpoint a reason why they are refusing to have our purchases carry over.

Wow...the forums over there are a cavalcade of PC players lamenting the fact that they get nothing from the creation of the console game.

... o_O

You're missing the context. The PC version has been stagnant for a year. Instead of new content, they've gone back and redone swaths of old content for no real reason than to have it look slightly nicer for the console release. The last batch of heroes have been vomited out as quickly as possible with little in the way of innovation we saw during the first two years.

PC players have been waiting a year, hoping all this was going to have a payoff.

Now they find out the payoff is something they won't even benefit from. The devs have come out and said none of the console improvements are scheduled to be implemented on the PC anytime soon. They've sort of vaguely said they have "plans" for the PC version, but it doesn't take a detective to figure out they've gone all in on the console version and left their PC base stranded.

There's literally nothing planned for the PC version right now. No new characters, content, improvements, nothing.

Yeah, its terrible. Yes it sucks that the transfer isn't available, but let the console players have their time.

That's not how it works my guy. The console version was quite literally funded by the PC version players. PC players have been asking for inventory clean up ability for literally YEARS only for it to come to consoles while they still get nothing. PC version has literally been left to die while Gazillion pours all their time and resources (once again reiterating that said financial resources came from the PC players) into the console version and have flat out stated that none of the shit they're doing for the console version will make it's way to the PC version. They've effectively said "sucks to be on the PC version but what can ya do?"

They have every right to be pissed and demand change, and they also have every right to demand that if they're not going to do right by the PC version then let them transfer their account (that they've put hundreds of dollars into btw) to the console version that has these QoL fixes.

Lashley

You're missing the context. The PC version has been stagnant for a year. Instead of new content, they've gone back and redone swaths of old content for no real reason than to have it look slightly nicer for the console release. The last batch of heroes have been vomited out as quickly as possible with little in the way of innovation we saw during the first two years.

PC players have been waiting a year, hoping all this was going to have a payoff.

Now they find out the payoff is something they won't even benefit from. The devs have come out and said none of the console improvements are scheduled to be implemented on the PC anytime soon. They've sort of vaguely said they have "plans" for the PC version, but it doesn't take a detective to figure out they've gone all in on the console version and left their PC base stranded.

There's literally nothing planned for the PC version right now. No new characters, content, improvements, nothing.
This. Us PC players aren't pissed off to just be petty at console players - we're not that pathetic. We have legitimate grievances.

ev0

Yup, pretty much.

I'm pretty sure the "plans" they have for the PC version are to kill it. The fact that Gaz hasn't even come out and said some BS like "dont worry PC players" is pretty telling.

Anoregon

is infinity shards in the console version?

If you mean eternity splinters for free unlocking of characters, then I am like 99% sure the answer is yes.

Its a legitimate complaint. Myself and quite a few of my PS4 friends put a lot of time and money into Marvel Heroes. It is account based, so nobody can pinpoint a reason why they are refusing to have our purchases carry over.

It's a complaint.

I'm not sure it's a legitimate one.

People spent money to buy characters and costumes in order to use them in a game on the PC. I'm assuming they were able to use them on the PC. I'm not aware of any promises to the player base that said, "Hey if we ever start the game on another platform, all of the things you bought is transferrable."

They might have...I don't follow it that closely aside from playing the game on my PC.

As much as it is possible they are not transferring the account data across to consoles out of greed, it's altogether possible that it is due to another reason or a number of reasons that would make it not worth the time needed to figure it out.

I honestly don't know but I suspect the game wasn't made for consoles so as to transfer a number of players from PC to console.

The game was developed to bring in more players. The ones that do not or cannot play the game on PC.

Gazillion doesn't owe you anything other than what you paid for on the platform it was intended to be played on.

Is there a group of Destiny players that are angry over not being able to transfer their emotes and ornaments they bought on their Xbox Ones over to their accounts that are on the PS4?

I really...really don't understand what people are upset about.

New game.
New platform.

New accounts.

Slayven

If you mean eternity splinters for free unlocking of characters, then I am like 99% sure the answer is yes.

Same thing

6032777912816a3057f9af4cc1858139.jpg

Top Bottom