• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k15: Missing A Lot Of Match Types (Ladder, 3/4 Man TLC/Cage/Table, Handicap)

That's still EA's business practice.

See NHL 15 this year on PS4 or XOne.

This is nothing like current-gen NHL. That game had absolutely nothing. Stripped down GM and Pro. That's it. Even the Ultimate Team is stripped down. At least this game has a full Career mode and the Universe and Showcase modes.

irpAyFAMTJy5V.gif

What was this gif about?

iMax

What was this gif about?

They were talking about all the previous world champions and saying how much of a big deal Orton v Cena was... While the crowd couldn't give a shit about any of that and would not stop chanting for Daniel Bryan.

Oh it was even better than that. Stephanie called HHH the greatest champion of all time and the crowd booed the utter shit out of him.

Ironically current grn NHL has the best gameplay in the series. WWE looks the same way.
Yup. Despite the cut features current Gen NHL ended up having some of the best game play the franchise has had in years.

There are a lot of early buyers online now and the game looks fun. Trying to get one of them to go through all the menus.

Also there are 101 unlockables this year.

dubq

It's because we want better and companies will know we just bend over and accept things like that when they sell. Hopefully it gets lost in the shuffle regardless with it coming out with some big games.
That's fine and that's your prerogative to do so, but I take issue with people calling those of us who are still very much interested in buying and playing the game "idiots" who deserve to have our money wasted, and that we're somehow to blame for companies "getting away" with "shit like this." Get a grip.

That's fine and that's your prerogative to do so, but I take issue with people calling those of us who are still very much interested in buying and playing the game "idiots" who deserve to have our money wasted, and that we're somehow to blame for companies "getting away" with "shit like this." Get a grip.

I think people have the right to criticize the game all they want. They are crossing the line when they shit on other people for still enjoying/buying something. I've seen it far too much these last few months on GAF unfortunately.

I'm enjoying Ass Creed Unity and NHL 15, two games that I am apparently an idiot for buying and enjoying. I guess I'll be an idiot for buying this game too.

I think the idea that people who are buying it are "part of the problem" is dumb. I think the people who are buying it are buying it because they like the improvements and new modes while not being as bothered by the subtractions. It's not like people are buying it because they just have to have it or buying it and know they will hate it. The people who are buying it want it for one reason or another.

Foffy

Banned
Do we have a comprehensive list of all of the neutering? I can't wrap my head around how much is missing here.

Hasney

Do we have a comprehensive list of all of the neutering? I can't wrap my head around how much is missing here.

Well first off, the match creator is gone. That means any sort of stipulations like finisher match, turning off countout, first blood matches or DQ in any match type and the like are gone. As for specific modes:

Creation modes
- Create a Diva
- Create a Title
- Create an Arena
- Custom Themes
- All custom entrances other than the guy talking on his phone. Only roster member entrances

1 vs 1:

- Inferno
- Ladder
- I Quit
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- Special Referee (yet is in the showcase mode)
- Casket (yet is in the Showcase mode)
- 3 stages of hell (Yet is in the showcase mode)
- Backstage Brawl

2 vs 2:

- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table
- Mixed
- Backstage Brawl

Triple Threat:

- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- TLC
- Backstage Brawl

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Battle Royal
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Backstage Brawl

6-Man:

- Elimination Chamber Tag
- Championship Scramble (Was removed in 2k14, but notable still)

Handicap Matches

- All handicap matches

HT UK

Well first off, the match creator is gone. That means any sort of stipulations like finisher match, turning off countout, first blood matches or DQ in any match type and the like are gone. As for specific modes:

Creation modes
- Create a Diva
- Create a Title
- Create an Arena
- Custom Themes
- All custom entrances other than the guy talking on his phone. Only roster member entrances

1 vs 1:

- Inferno
- Ladder
- I Quit
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- Special Referee
- 3 stages of hell (Yet is in the showcase mode)4
- Backstage Brawl

2 vs 2:

- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table
- Mixed
- Backstage Brawl

Triple Threat:

- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- TLC
- Backstage Brawl

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Battle Royal
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Backstage Brawl

6-Man:

Handicap Matches

- All handicap matches

tumblr_msg105sLrI1s83ffjo1_400.gif

El_Cinefilo

I can understand some things not making it (maybe) But I can't comprehend the reasoning you can have 1v1 and 6 way TLC matches but not triple threat and fatal four way? That you can have TLC matches but not Ladder matches, 6 man Hell in cell matches but not 4 man ones and matches in showcase mode (Casket) that aren't in exhibition mode.

If the game was guaranteed good reviews and great sales maybe it would be a good business move to leave it until next year but most people have been shitting on this game for months and the last gen version reviewed terribly.

Nicktendo86

Every single person who buys this is an idiot. I am sorry but as long as people support this bullshit the longer they won't make an effort to improve these games. I want a kick arse wwe game as much as anyone so simply cannot support this.

I was never going to buy 2k15 to begin with. But seeing that list of modes are missing are those reasons alone I will never buy this game.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

Creation modes
- Create a Diva
- Create a Title
- Create an Arena
- Custom Themes

1 vs 1:

- Inferno
- Ladder
- I Quit
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- Special Referee (yet is in the showcase mode)
- 3 stages of hell (Yet is in the showcase mode)
- Backstage Brawl

2 vs 2:

- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table
- Mixed
- Backstage Brawl

Triple Threat:

- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- TLC
- Backstage Brawl

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Battle Royal
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Backstage Brawl

6-Man:

Handicap Matches

- All handicap matches

Create a finisher is gone too. Which doesn't bother me at all.

PS4. Virtually all of these matches are in PS3.

Yup. I'm trying to find an extreme rules tag match to see if that's tornado since it would make sense, but there's no regular tornado.

Must be horrible menu design then. No way would they make the PS3 version superior lol

Jashobeam

All of these match types removed makes no sense when 6 player money in the bank matches are still in. Hopefully it's something that can be patched in later.

Hasney

Create a finisher is gone too. Which doesn't bother me at all.

Oh yeah, added to OP.

Must be horrible menu design then. No way would they make the PS3 version superior lol

See, I kept thinking that, so I watched videos in detail. You click play now, then you click one on one up to 6 man, then you click the match you want from the screens I posted and you're right on the character select screen with the only option being changing the momentum speed. After picking characters, it's straight to loading the match. Unless that patch changes things up or they're unlockable for some reason, there's no way to select them.

I think this needs to be cross-posted too:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Of course the last generation version is bad, you guys. They're spending all their time on the next gen one!'

Hasney

I wish that was a gif and his head was shaking... His ever so shiny head.

You really can tell who was scanned and who was not. But did they really have to get their children to make their models in play-doh and scan that in?

Hasney

On the subject of scanned models, I just found out you can remove the mask from Kane in edit a superstar and to my surprise, he's scanned! But, uh, there's a part of him you can't remove....

Yeahhhhh. Probably not best to waste one of the 25 precious CAW slots.

On the subject of scanned models, I just found out you can remove the mask from Kane in edit a superstar and to my surprise, he's scanned! But, uh, there's a part of him you can't remove....

lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

room_wideweb__470x300,0.jpg

ohai seth

Can't wait for the WWE commentator shilling to go into overdrive tomorrow! "Hottest game out there" talk on how real everything looks, probably pretending it's the best selling game of the year in some other BS form and so on.

Is that Penn Jillette
iUWnhil2oppp9.gif

Jashobeam

wow that's lazy, i mean that's yukes.

Hasney

Here's the full video of that Kane editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlALHjtnZo

Is it just me, or is his hair still attached to his non-existent mask when it swoops around?

EDIT: If you want to make Corporate Kane without hair, you likely can!
Unmasked Kane is needed for Mark Henry's showcase, so get that DLC money ready!
. At least we may be able to use this as a Fake Diesel creator.

There's something wrong with these pics. The first ones we saw of 2k15 looked really detailed and crisp. These look a gen below that. It's the Youtube compression.

Hasney

There's something wrong with these pics. The first ones we saw of 2k15 looked really detailed and crisp. These look a gen below that. It's the Youtube compression.

Possibly, but with a lot of these pictures, even the proportions are wrong. Especially that Vince face.

Top Bottom