• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Direct 2013.6.26 - 8 pm Japan Time (12 pm BST, 7 am EDT)

5MM9ONV.png

Nintendo Direct page @ nintendo.co.jp

Visit @Cheesemeister3k during the Direct (8 pm Japan Time, 12 pm BST, 7 am EDT) for live tweets in English.

Better Translations:
Nintendo @Nintendo said:
[岩田]こんにちは、任天堂の岩田です。26日水曜日の20時から、「ピクミン3 Direct 2013.6.26」を放映します。任天堂HP、ニコニコ生放送、Ustreamでご覧いただけます。
[Iwata] Hello, this is Mr. Iwata from Nintendo. From 8PM on Wednesday the 26th, we will broadcast the "Pikmin 3 Direct 2013/6/26". You can watch on the Nintendo Homepage, Nico Nico Live Broadcast, and Ustream.

Nintendo @Nintendo said:
[岩田]今回は、「ピクミンが好き」と公言されている松本人志さんをお迎えし、ピクミンの生みの親である宮本さんとピクミン談義をしつつ、少しだけ『ピクミ ン3』を遊ん でいただく様子を撮影した、普段とは少し違ったダイレクトです。よろしければご覧ください。
[Iwata] This time, Mr. Hitoshi Matsumoto, who has publically stated a love for Pikmin, will discuss the series with it's creator Mr. Miyamoto while playing some Pikmin 3. It will be a little bit different to a regular Direct. Please watch if you have the time.

NCL has announced a presentation tomorrow, Jun. 26th at 8 pm Japan Time, covering Pikmin 3.

When does it start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the Japanese presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20130626/index.html

I will be providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

20:00 The presentation has begun. It's been a while since Hitoshi Matsumoto and Miyamoto met.
20:01 Game creation involves planning, as well as data and asset creation. Matsumoto looked up Miyamoto on Wikipedia, learned about tea table upending.
20:02 Since Pikmin 2 was released, Matsumoto has gotten married and had kids. Starting with story mode. Going to an unknown planet, meeting the Pikmin.
20:03 New characters are from a different planet than Olimar, though they look similar. Miyamoto will start by reading the scripted lines.
20:04 There's an object like the GamePad in the game. Run into the yellow Pikmin first.
20:05 Throw Pikmin with the A button, and they take care of the shrooms. Call with B. Matsumoto doesn't really need an explanation; Miyamoto need not be there.
20:06 That's the end of the day for the 1st character, Charlie. Here's the 2nd, Alph.
20:07 Pikmin will be tossed toward the on-screen target. Carry enemies, etc. to onion.
20:08 Matsumoto can't reach the GamePad with the red Pikmin. Use Z button to change cam.
20:09 The Pikmin build a bridge out of the shingles. Matsumoto gets the appeal.
20:10 A map is on the GamePad. See remaining Pikmin, allies. More Pikmin carry faster.
20:11 Plucking Pikmin has been simplified. Just press A to pluck them all.
20:13 Rock Pikmin are in the game. Blast off to a higher altitude at night than before.
20:15 7 to 10 min. missions are available for practice. Small Bulbears die quickly. Rescue Pikmin captured by a jellyfish-like creature by tossing rock Pikmin.
20:16 Once the time limit is up, your score is tallied. You'll get better with practice. Flying Pikmin can retrieve objects from otherwise inaccessible spots.
20:17 There are lots of strategies to enjoy. Missions can be cleared in about 10 min.
20:18 A replay feature allows you to see everything you did in that play session.
20:19 Games can get under your skin and affect you unlike anything else, even frustrate.
20:20 More will have to come up and continue creating Pikmin after Miyamoto's gone.
20:21 The presentation is now over. Thanks for following!

fxPidNj.png

NCL has announced a presentation tomorrow, Jun. 26th at 8 pm Japan Time, covering Pikmin 3.

When does it start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the Japanese presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20130626/index.html

I will be providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

20:00 The presentation has begun. It's been a while since Hitoshi Matsumoto and Miyamoto met.
20:01 Game creation involves planning, as well as data and asset creation. Matsumoto looked up Miyamoto on Wikipedia, learned about tea table upending.
20:02 Since Pikmin 2 was released, Matsumoto has gotten married and had kids. Starting with story mode. Going to an unknown planet, meeting the Pikmin.
20:03 New characters are from a different planet than Olimar, though they look similar. Miyamoto will start by reading the scripted lines.
20:04 There's an object like the GamePad in the game. Run into the yellow Pikmin first.
20:05 Throw Pikmin with the A button, and they take care of the shrooms. Call with B. Matsumoto doesn't really need an explanation; Miyamoto need not be there.
20:06 That's the end of the day for the 1st character, Charlie. Here's the 2nd, Alph.
20:07 Pikmin will be tossed toward the on-screen target. Carry enemies, etc. to onion.
20:08 Matsumoto can't reach the GamePad with the red Pikmin. Use Z button to change cam.
20:09 The Pikmin build a bridge out of the shingles. Matsumoto gets the appeal.
20:10 A map is on the GamePad. See remaining Pikmin, allies. More Pikmin carry faster.
20:11 Plucking Pikmin has been simplified. Just press A to pluck them all.
20:13 Rock Pikmin are in the game. Blast off to a higher altitude at night than before.
20:15 7 to 10 min. missions are available for practice. Small Bulbears die quickly. Rescue Pikmin captured by a jellyfish-like creature by tossing rock Pikmin.
20:16 Once the time limit is up, your score is tallied. You'll get better with practice. Flying Pikmin can retrieve objects from otherwise inaccessible spots.
20:17 There are lots of strategies to enjoy. Missions can be cleared in about 10 min.
20:18 A replay feature allows you to see everything you did in that play session.
20:19 Games can get under your skin and affect you unlike anything else, even frustrate.
20:20 More will have to come up and continue creating Pikmin after Miyamoto's gone.
20:21 The presentation is now over. Thanks for following!

jmizzal

hmm I knew their would be a Nintendo Direct this week before the share holders meeting on the 27th, this might have more then just pikmin 3 tho, prob info on the summer update and the F2P Steel Driver game

All about Pikmin 3? Probably Japanese only then.

Does the game has co-op?

I doubt it would be only pikmin 3, Pikmin 3 may just be the main focus

guek

Banned
hmm I knew their would be a Nintendo Direct this week before the share holders meeting on the 27th, this might have more then just pikmin 3 tho, prob info on the summer update and the F2P Steel Driver game

Oh yeah, summer update...I sure hope so. I wasn't really expecting that until July tbh

[岩田]こんにちは、任天堂の岩田です。26日水曜日の20時から、「ピクミン3 Direct 2013.6.26」を放映します。任天堂HP、ニコニコ生放送、Ustreamでご覧いただけます。

[Iwata] Hello, this is Mr. Iwata from Nintendo. From 8PM on Wednesday the 26th, we will broadcast the "Pikmin 3 Direct 2013/6/26". You can watch on the Nintendo Homepage, Nico Nico Live Broadcast, and Ustream.

[岩田]今回は、「ピクミンが好き」と公言されている松本人志さんをお迎えし、ピクミンの生みの親である宮本さんとピクミン談義をしつつ、少しだけ『ピクミン3』を遊ん でいただく様子を撮影した、普段とは少し違ったダイレクトです。よろしければご覧ください。

[Iwata] This time, Mr. Hitoshi Matsumoto, who has publically stated a love for Pikmin, will discuss the series with it's creator Mr. Miyamoto while playing some Pikmin 3. It will be a little bit different to a regular Direct. Please watch if you have the time.

Mr. Matsumoto is a very famous comedian, author, and director in Japan, part of the comedy-duo Downtown. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitoshi_Matsumoto

jmizzal

Oh yeah, summer update...I sure hope so. I wasn't really expecting that until July tbh

Remember last year they did the same thing end of June after E3 the Nintendo Direct we got the 3DSXL announcement and Smash Bros being developed by Namco and prob some other stuff.

L Thammy

Very excited. So far this game is looking more like Pikmin 1 with better combat: exactly what I wanted when I played Pikmin 1.

Is there a confirmation of no dungeons?

guek

Banned
Here are last year's Nintendo Direct dates:

1. February 22
  2. April 21
  3. June 3 - Pre E3 Direct
  4. June 21
  5. August 29
  6. September 3rd - Wii U Preview Direct
  7. October 25th
  8. December 5th

So far, they've been following this basic schedule for this year as well. I've excluded the mini-directs because those seem arbitrary. Not sure whether or not this is a mini-direct for Pikmin 3 but even if it is, we should be expecting a real one soon.

daripad

Guys, don't overhype this. I bet this will be only 10-15 minutes of pure Pikmin 3 love, like they have done with some games in the past, I doubt it will be one of those long ones.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guys, don't overhype this. I bet this will be only 10-15 minutes of pure Pikmin 3 love, like they have done with some games in the past, I doubt it will be one of those long ones.

Seriously. They say it themselves. This is a Pikmin Direct.

The investor meeting is where we should get juicy info.

javac

Doesn't mean we can't get hyped fo dat Pikmin love!

rokero

They should put subtitles in this direct since the game is coming over seas keep everybody informed at the same time

Top Bottom