• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseress

There's 12k watching SFV's dream hack stream during dead time after casuals and talking about how the game is dying in the stream chat, someone call Gunslinger!

That's always the case

"OMG SFV LOL TRASH GAME DEAD GAME LOL FUCK YOU CAPCOMbut let's watch it because reasons"

notworksafe

I'll take Tekken's character designed bullshit over the bullshit NRS or Iron Galaxy's bullshit any day of the week.

i like the design in all three of those games. but when most people are just looking at "who has the hottest waifus?" of course the western companies are going to be less impressive.

Tripon

As long as we are talking about character designs.
Xe9VEXN.jpg

Nightii

Banned
MK's roster can be comprised entirely of monsters and dudes for all I care, but the way they all get designed each time is such drab for me, just...meh.

KI is not that bad, but then they started adding terribly generic designs from generic as hell looking series.

Pompadour

Western designs are typically very boring and bland but Japanese designs often veer into aggressively awful territory. I generally like most of Guilty Gear's designs but a lot of the new characters are sheer waifu bait.

I think Japan's crappy economy has effectively forced Japan to design characters to appeal to people who are willing to buy and play games outside mobile games and these people, by and large, are otaku. The fighting games with global appeal tend to have a variety of character designs whereas there's several fighting games that are essentially Japan-only with rosters comprised almost entirely of schoolgirls.

Line_HTX

I'll give Killer Instinct some credit. It looks pretty decent, at least.

As much as I find NRS ugly as fuck, they in no way can they ever be worse than Shit No. 9.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nah man BB has some legit god awful character designs.

Has more good than bad. The biggest thing is they are based on tropes what you migh hate another likes was an aspect of the characters

The only meh ones imo are mu-12, ragna, and mak needs her jacket

Half a character design in a fighter is how they attack/animate as well

Dahbomb

The trope excuse is bad and only BB apologists bring it up to defend the god awful character designs. Same excuse as when Lucky Chloe is brought up.

Sure not all of them are bad but there are enough bad ones in there to put off a lot of people.

Not everyone likes the anime aesthetic just like not everyone likes the NRS aesthetic.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The trope excuse is bad and only BB apologists bring it up to defend the god awful character designs. Same excuse as when Lucky Chloe is brought up.

Sure not all of them are bad but there are enough bad ones in there to put off a lot of people.

List them
Not everyone likes the anime aesthetic just like not everyone likes the NRS aesthetic.

That's a slightly different subject

Dahbomb

Kokonoe, Es, all the Nus, Inazami, Makoto, Amane, Bullet, Lambda whatever the hell, Platinum, Tsubaki, Ragna, Rachel, Noel, Izayoil etc.

Garbage over designed anime characters. And I say this as someone who enjoys some anime.

Dahbomb

Posting that Kokonoe image only shows how bad that design is. Like generic animu waifu bait mixed with cat/glasses fetish.

You can put her in a random low level anime these days and she wouldn't be out of place.

Though mind you the game play design of these characters are excellent but of course that's not what we are talking about here.

There's 12k watching SFV's dream hack stream during dead time after casuals and talking about how the game is dying in the stream chat, someone call Gunslinger!

Edit: https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters MOV on stream now
Aaand sent to loser by a Geif player, lmao!
Believe it or not I criticize SF because I am probably a bigger fan than you guys are. So it saddens me to see capcom failing to deliver. While I am a mega fanboy I am not a blind followed either. When a product under deliver I call it out. Also SFV could have been bigger than sfiv when it comes to brining in more causal players into the franchise. But well we all saw how that turned out.... Maybe for sfvi capcom will take their time and release a finished product.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Posting that Kokonoe image only shows how bad that design is. Like generic animu waifu bait mixed with cat/glasses fetish.

You can put her in a random low level anime these days and she wouldn't be out of place.

Except her design is almost 7 years old

Though mind you the game play design of these characters are excellent but of course that's not what we are talking about here.
That's half a character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom