• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

watership

Notification from EB Canada as I was refreshing saying it was live. Site won't load. Refresh, loads, out of stock.

This is deja vu.

cordy

Banned
Anyone who ordered it from Amazon this morning, any of yall check your orders? I checked my orders and it's still confirmed but the official page listing is missing.

Maybe they're about to put the page up.

For those of you using Chrome or Firefox, here's a little script for Target that will keep hitting the button every X milliseconds. Open your console (google it) and paste this in

Code:
window.setInterval(() => {
  const preOrderButton = document.getElementsByClassName('sbc-add-to-cart');
	if(preOrderButton[0]) {
		preOrderButton[0].click()
    }  
}, 5000)

It will click the button every 5000 milliseconds/5 seconds in this case.

Can something like this be used on other websites, or does it just work for Target?

Glad I got one in the BB sale last night for my employee who really wanted one.. hopefully I can find one for myself. But I gave up my NES classic last year to the same employee, thinking it would be easy to get another one.

Fuckity fuck fuck.

ST2K

Did anyone who ordered a Think Geek bundle get a confirmation email?

I never got one and it's not showing in my orders.

Blizzard

Banned
If Target were smart, they'd make the button go away once you click preorder so the bots can't do it. But then, bots would F5 the page which would hit the server even harder. So then Target would have to start IP banning.

But then, the bots would form Skynet and start hacking people's computers to get a broader range of IPs.

What I'm basically saying is, Nintendo is causing the end of the world.

Death_Noodle

Neo Member
A couple of weird things:

1) I was able to get to the checkout page in the GameStop app before the website came back up. My credit card information wasn't being taken due to more errors so I tried Paypal... three different times. Now I have three different charges on my Paypal but no confirmation from GameStop.

2) I tried clicking add card on Target again and it showed an error message with something along the lines of "the maximum amount is in you're cart". I clicked my cart and see this:

15pPFZ8r.png

I guess it was keeping track of my spam clicking? They all disappeared from my cart now though haha.

LaneDS

Did anyone who ordered a Think Geek bundle get a confirmation email?

I never got one and it's not showing in my orders.

I ordered with Paypal and got a "You've signed up for preapproved payments plan" confirmation, but that's it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

1) I was able to get to the checkout page in the GameStop app before the website came back up. My credit card information wasn't being taken due to more errors so I tried Paypal... three different times. Now I have three different charges on my Paypal but no confirmation from GameStop.

2) I tried clicking add card on Target again and it showed an error message with something along the lines of "the maximum amount is in you're cart". I clicked my cart and see this:

15pPFZ8r.png

I guess it was keeping track of my spam clicking? They all disappeared from my cart now though haha.

i just lol'd at work seeing that pic

shira

15pPFZ8r.png

And I thought thinkgeek was a ripoff, 6 large for quantity 0

The End

I like how Gamestop's website went down but ThinkGeek was still working miraculously despite the traffic. What are the odds??

You can get into Gamestop through the app.

The bare system and cheaper bundles ($99.99 with a book, $119.99 with a book and extra controller) are gone already. There's a $144.99 (Book, two controllers) bundle still up.

DeanBDean

Can something like this be used on other websites, or does it just work for Target?

It's something you could use for other websites, but would require modification. The only thing you'd have to change is exactly how to find the button element. In this case it was easiest to look it up by the class, because I played around and saw that was the only element on the page with that class. All the tools to find these things are available in Chrome or Firefox ( I prefer Chrome personally), but I don't know that this thread is the best to teach on some web fundamentals.

15pPFZ8r.png

that's how much they will end up costing on eBay

15pPFZ8r.png

I had that briefly too, mine was $600 something though.

Hexer06

Wubbles

Neo Member
Went to Gamestop #1. Their systems were done and he couldn't see any SNES appear to pre-order.

Went to Gamestop #2. Was able to pre-order there and managed to get the very last one. Phew!!

Fjordson

So now my question is: why did the Best Buy pre-order last so much longer than these other sites?

Was it because people were overall slow to jump on it since it was the first of this wave of pre-orders? Or...did BB fuck up and massively oversell =[

Top Bottom