• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Tom only has 19 tds and no picks against us. Stick to zone coverage and don't worry about no huddle. They don't do that.

And we'll be prepared for their ass !!!

Tomlin

Throw Bill Cowher into that camp as well. We haven't adjusted our defense against the Patriots since 2002.

Best part about the Pro Bowl!

16142263_10154747639131263_8708056642379027178_n.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Bionic do you think Trump endorses the Switch since the Joycons will fit perfectly in his tiny hands? Did Nintendo make the Switch for Trump?

bionic77

Bionic do you think Trump endorses the Switch since the Joycons will fit perfectly in his tiny hands? Did Nintendo make the Switch for Trump?
Brady and Trump came out against it. Too much freedom scares them.

They are in favor of PS4 Pro and Scorpio though.

Take that as you will.

Gobias

Banned
We need to make a list of all NFL-GAF members who are doing it and who are not doing it. Let me start:

Definetly doing it:
BG
Bread
Squicken

Probably doing it:
Ninja Scooter

Definetly not doing it:
Bionic77
I have been doing it all week. Drunk snaps have been a constant stream

Tom Penny

So will the Browns draft a Sam Bowie instead?

”He's humble, the same guy every day, and always ready," Swinney said of Watson. ”He comes to every meeting prepared. That's how you change things, you change the culture, through — for me it's through discipline and recruiting, staffing and all that stuff. For them, it's decision-making, it's who you pick. And I'm just telling you: They pass on Deshaun Watson, they're passing on Michael Jordan. I mean, I don't know what the heck I'm talking about I'm just an old funky college coach, but Deshaun Watson is the best, by a long shot."

Pepiope

Is it as effective without being a disgusting person?

Time will tell.

Wentz in this time of darkness show us that good guys don't have to finish last!
Does this look like the face of a guy who is gonna let him team finish last? There is a reason the Browns wanted to be as far away as possible. He isn't like them.

Tom Penny

It's been a few hours, did Big Ben retire yet?

No but fun fact
There are 5 former Browns on the Patriots & Falcons active rosters in Super Bowl LI - Dion Lewis, Jabaal Sheard, Barkevious Mingo, Taylor Gabriel and Alex Mack. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that is tied for the most former players by any team in Super Bowl LI

No but fun fact
It's what happens when you have so little continuality. New regimes come in and bring their own guys, cuts old players etc. I could probably go down the whole list and tell you what happened to each guy. This running story line is silly though I must say.

Our boy pats great Dion Lewis for instance. Banner brought him in (traded for him). Lewis was actually going to have a chance to be the lead guy that season. Trent was traded early in the season, but Dion went down with a season ending injury. That offseason Banner and his guys are fired. Not sure Dion was fully healthy but he didn't make the team the following year with the new regime.

harSon

Banned
Brady beat Ben into retirement, or he just a drama queen?

Or people are reading too far into his comments. He's coming off of a heart breaking loss and he's 35 years old, so he's at a point in his career where the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter and brighter. He's at a point in his career where you begin to ask those questions. But he's also still playing football at a relatively high level, has a team that has the pieces in place to contend and is due over $40 million over the next three years. Yeah, the Steelers need to start thinking about the future, and there's a chance that Ben doesn't play past the age of 38-39 - but it's wishful thinking to assume that he'll be retiring this year.

MechDX

And that giraffe can probably throw better too

People losing their minds here. Trading Watt for Romo....who the hell even thinks shit like this up? Other than Chris Carter of course.

QB thirst is real. Sadly I think they roll Osweiler out there again

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mock-draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns

89. Houston Texans: Jarod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech

Isnt someone here a fan of VT? Who is this guy? Is he good? better than Brock?

People losing their minds here. Trading Watt for Romo....who the hell even thinks shit like this up? Other than Chris Carter of course.

QB thirst is real. Sadly I think they roll Osweiler out there again

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mock-draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns

Isnt someone here a fan of VT? Who is this guy? Is he good? better than Brock?
TDR is and since I live in VA and have thus watched some VT games..

I'll compare him and Tyrod.. in terms of passing, Evans is better than Tyrod, Tyrod has a little more athleticism and is quicker with scrambling compared to Evans although Evans can scramble effectively though.

If I had to say who was better between him and Tyrod.. I'd probably say Evans because I think he has better passing ability compared to Tyrod.

And yes, he's better than Brock

JUCO transfer, one year starter. Has some tools, but should have gone back to school
This as well..

I'm still shocked he didn't go back for another year..

He had a solid season and he could have guaranteed himself to be a higher draft pick especially with Fuente coaching him and VT looking.. almost like the VT with Tyrod there again..

Imagine how much raping Big Ben can accomplish without training or games to play. They should have him on immediate 24 hour surveillance at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom