• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend S3 |OT| She has no underlying issues to address.

curb

Banned
I really, really enjoyed the new episode. Loved the second song (especially the final joke). I'm excited to see where this season goes.

Season 2 highlights for me were Tapped That Ass and So Maternal. Let's Generalize About Men is right up there with them for me.

Speaking of good songs in season 2, I've spent more time rewatching the Santa Ana Winds song than I've spent watching the entire rest of the show.

Gin-Shiio

I felt like the show of confidence was less about dealing with Dale's neediness and more with the thread of White Josh's asshole-ishness being put in its place. He's generally the peanut gallery who mocks the rest of the cast, with clear character flaws and no one ever stands up to him.

Admittedly I was scared that this would be the storyline to break them. But I think the show is determined to make the homosexual relationship the healthiest relationship on the show.

Yeah, I just don't see how white Josh was acting like an ass in this episode at all. If anything, Daryl was the asshole here, constantly trying to bring up the topic of adoption when his partner had made it clear he wasn't interested. And worst of all, he even succeeds through his constant pressure in the end.

It Was a Shitshow and Tapped That Ass were great in season 2.

Research Me Obsessively still is my all-time favorite. Season 2 had a lot of great songs though imo.

JCX

Plenty of good songs from season 2 - Love Kernels, Research Me Obsessively, You Go First, Who's The New Guy, Friendtopia, What a Rush to be a Bride.

Let's Generalize About Men is one of the best overall though.

clearestblue

Neo Member
Yeah, I just don't see how white Josh was acting like an ass in this episode at all. If anything, Daryl was the asshole here, constantly trying to bring up the topic of adoption when his partner had made it clear he wasn't interested. And worst of all, he even succeeds through his constant pressure in the end.

Yeah I agree, I thought Daryl was out of line

Zoe

I can't believe this episode made it past the censors :lol

Overall top notch, though as hilarious as Tim's story was, it really could have gone into any episode.

Me at the end of the episode:

Yes Rebecca! Go and confront Josh and face your fears.....oh wasn't she keeping the whole moving there for him thing a secret still.....oh....oh no you should not be saying all of that right now....WOW YOU REALLY SHOULD NOT BE SAYING THAT.....This is all going to end with her dreaming all of this right?....Oh no that was all real?!?.....WELP She is screwed.

All time great episode.

DEAD at the ending
lol.gif

VegiHam

This episode was brilliant. Dancing Josh and dance victim Nathaniel. Nathaniel going too evil was hilarious. Also, Everything I've Done For You reprise! Storytelling genius, because it's prefect for how Rebecca's feeling, but also when Paula sang it it was a "wtf this chick is crazy" song, so it's cool to see it come back playing the same role from another perspective. Seeing Rachel sing it though reminds me how fantastic Donna Lynne Champlin is and I'm astounded at how effortless she makes stuff look. You don't notice till you see someone else try it.

sammex

The remaining episodes consist of Rebecca denying everything, running away, becoming homeless and ending up in a psychiatric hospital.

Can't see how she gets out of this.

Oh no. This time, this isn't going to end in a hospital. There is a precedent.
Just looking at the first page leaves no possible doubt on what is going to happen during this season:
Rebecca is going to end up in prison.
I can see it. Even the three promo posters for Season 3 all reference media that has main characters the viewer comes to like that do bad stuff and get some form of comeuppance. All while in tumultuous and often unhealthy relationships!
Prison could be a fun mini-plot to explore. Rachel Bloom couldn't resist having both commentary on the prison system, especially for women, or doing her version of the Cell Block Tango.

Also,
I wonder if referencing Paula's involvment in these shenanigans will bite her in the butt too. A secret spy camera sounds like a degree of privacy breaking, and future lawyer Paula really doesn't need legal issues of her own right now.

laoni

Episode 2

Nathaniel is so extra in everything he does, I love it.

Tim's plotline felt a bit out of place, but, it gave us the hilarious Buzzing In The Bathroom, and it seems like it's setting up a bit of a longer line with him, and that stinger from Paula at the end.

The whole time Rebecca was singing I was mentally going 'oh no baby what is you doing'. Lord the fall out from this is going to be interesting

I didn't like this episode. Rebecca's wishy washiness killed it for me.

I liked it better when she was hyper focused on meeting an objective (get Josh or keep Josh)

Top Bottom