• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

TheSun

Apparently not wanting racist shit is safe space now.

Will I get in trouble if I make fun of anime avatars? It always the anime avatars.
Seriously, is Southpark the excuse to finally laugh at black face and the like for them?

Edit:

Oh shit, new Ducktales. I forgot.

Yeah I've been on mainly late night after work since Sunday. Loving this game. So much so, I accidentally bought two digital copies and need to sell one now. -__-

Well, I'm a gun for hire — hit me up when you want to do night falls.

Someone buy Diz extra copy so we can have a BCT raid crew going.

It's ridiculous how people can easily acknowledge the racist and homophobic jokes of Family Guy, but completely overlook South Park using the exact same humor.

LotusHD

Banned

The lengths people will go to in order to defend a "joke" is baffling. But then again, I get it, I'd feel awkward af too if it was pointed out to me that I laughed at a parody that involved a mammy reference.

This why no one fucks with "gamers" like that, because people will tell you how certain shit is wrong, or could at least improve, and then you'll have people tripping over themselves to put their head in the sand.

Slayven

The lengths people will go to in order to defend a "joke" is baffling. But then again, I get it, I'd feel awkward af too if it was pointed out to me that I laughed at a parody that involved a mammy reference.

This why no one fucks with "gamers" like that, because people will tell you how certain shit is wrong, or could at least improve, and then you'll have people tripping over themselves to put their head in the sand.

They defend bigotry because they probably do the exact same shit and don't want to be called out

Any of you guys and girls watching The Deuce ?

Caught up with the second episode last night. It was quite good.

LOL.

The Deuce is reallly good, Everyone should check on it

Hey Yall, Whats good. Been postin more recently and aint even say whaddup. shame

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I remember all the white kids laughing about south park when i was in 6th grade. There was something about laughing at the only black guy (chef) on the show, pretty much making his skin color the punch line to the joke that didnt sit well with me.

Glad i never watched that show.

Faustek

Safe space. Smh, all these fuckers dick riding the Orange pos feeling mighty good with themselves. They really do need to feel a lifetime of beatings.

cdyhybrid

Y248Ntg.jpg

Kreed

Even if I wanted to entertain the "South Park is just making fun of Kanye/it's an old Kanye West joke" or "They didn't do it on purpose" defenses, why isn't the mom fish green like the Kanye fish? She's the mom fish right, so why isn't she green like the Kanye West fish? Why did they make the fake Black woman voice fish that is the mother of the green Kanye fish brown with pink/red lips? Like comeon it's a Mammy fish, they aren't stupid.

TheSun

Black Lightning creates a giant electric black power fist in the night sky when he does his super in Injustice 2. It's pretty dope.

I was wondering if they were gonna make him make the MK logo.
Cool that they actually changed that.

Also, Raiden looks kinda lame in Injustice 2. Actually all the MK kharacters look pretty bad there.

LotusHD

Banned
Even if I wanted to entertain the "South Park is just making fun of Kanye/it's an old Kanye West joke" or "They didn't do it on purpose" defenses, why isn't the mom fish green like the Kanye fish? She's the mom fish right, so why isn't she green like the Kanye West fish? Why did they make the fake Black woman voice fish that is the mother of the green Kanye fish brown with pink/red lips? Like comeon it's a Mammy fish, they aren't stupid.

Exactly. They'd still be making fun of a dead mother (But sure, South Park is known for giving no fucks, whatever), but at least they could say they didn't invoke mammy imagery...

Mizerman

Also, Raiden looks kinda lame in Injustice 2. Actually all the MK kharacters look pretty bad there.

I think it's because that they're just modified versions of themselves from MKX. To me, they're just there.

Slayven

It is like they tried to give him a supehero costume, shit looks like a one off alternative universe time travel version of a c-list superhero.

Shy

Afternoon fam
Morning BCTGAF,
Good afternoon.
Morn'in all.
Evening chums.
I have em recorded, but haven't had time between headshots to watch em. Is good, yah?
Very much so.
00QGcqq.gif

It's political correctness gone mad i tell ya.
Yeah I've been on mainly late night after work since Sunday. Loving this game. So much so, I accidentally bought two digital copies and need to sell one now. -__-
I'm too poor to but it. But you can always give it to me. 😜
RIP butthole
And mouth.

Malyse

I think Fall Out Boy is doing another concept album like Save Rock & Roll and that's fucking stupendous. I wish Mania hadn't been pushed back.

So I've been watching more Atlanta and finished the B.A.N. episode.

This fucking show is hilarious XD

Paper Boi's reactions and insults are too fucking good.

a49c1935-c223-4d0f-8eb5-ca1257a39cb7.gif

I also like how they sometimes hold the camera on a scene just to draw out reactions.

TheSun

Heh, I remeber this cool dream I had about a fictional video game.

Basicaly it was an rpg set in contemporary times, where you travel to an other world to help prevent the end of the world.
The twist is that it takes place over the entirety of your life, like from 8 to 80 years old.

It also had the visual look of Harvest Moon 64, in fact here's a thread from here that explains it:
http://64.91.255.7/forum/showthread.php?t=1354552

Dang, I hate dreams that have cool shit in it~

Top Bottom