• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

TheShah

Finally got YWB after he didn't show for like 1000 stamina worth of Garp and Buster Call runs. Barely beat him with a SW Ace team. Have Doffy, Zephyr, RR Curiel, and Duval as subs. Barely can clear Doffy raid, barely can clear YWB, but gets it done. Team only works cause I just skill ups I needed for Curiel from the Wapol fortnight. I don't think I have it in me to max YWB, too many empty runs.

I'm finally finished resocketting my Doffy with AH. I fed my 12 YWB copies after I evolved him and got 5 skill ups. Now he's at a perfectly reasonable 31 turn cooldown.

EMT0

Banned
Speaking of Whitebeard, I just beat his forest! It took me 3 tries with the SW Ace Dream Team using Legend Marco in place of Franky. I beat up Blamenco too much by accident on Stage 19 causing me to miss Marco's special timing by 1 turn. Second attempt, I just kept whiffing on the turtle stage with Jozu. The third attempt went way more smoothly although I accidentally locked myself into a bunch of bad orbs after I delayed Whitebeard. Still managed to pull through, ineptitude aside.

Shame I won't be leveling that boat up until we get a Cola event again :/

I used an Double IntHawk, Raid Doffy, 3D2Y Zoro, Mr. 1, GPU team to crush Doffy a few times and got one ambush. I thought I'd be able to just follow this video for a victory, but the damn Purple Cannoner had Great barrier instead of Perfect and I messed up. I hit one perfect and that left him with enough HP to survive both turns and kill me. :-/

mileS

Guys I know complaining about the skill up rates and sockets is tired now but...

Just went 0/23 with Doffy and somehow magically got 8 resilience sockets in a row. I was planning on using 25-30 of my gems I have left to farm Doffy but that took all the wind out of my sails. Will save for next TS unit sugo or see if I can kill Boa well enough and farm her. Hopefully by the next time Doffy rolls around we will have JPN rates. This is extremely frustrating

Kyou

Guys I know complaining about the skill up rates and sockets is tired now but...

Just went 0/23 with Doffy and somehow magically got 8 resilience sockets in a row. I was planning on using 25-30 of my gems I have left to farm Doffy but that took all the wind out of my sails. Will save for next TS unit sugo or see if I can kill Boa well enough and farm her. Hopefully by the next time Doffy rolls around we will have JPN rates. This is extremely frustrating

Getting bad skill ups or sockets on a 60 stamina raid is the worst thing. It's one thing for the 40 stamina but the gem investment on trying to max out the 60 stamina dudes are crazy enough as is.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Six Doffy runs in and still haven't seen YWB. Maybe the game still thinks I'm running Buster Call. I've decided to run Doffy just to switch out my orb socket for AH on my 6* Doffy. The anni sugo pretty much dashed my hopes of pulling 6* Croc so I figure I'll stop trying to design my teams around units I don't have.

Having Autoheal on Doflamingo is totally fine for Croc teams anyway, if you pull him. Doffy's such a versatile unit, I think it makes sense for him to equip him to go on as many teams as possible. I think you made the right choice.

Any good 3D2Y Sanji teams that don't involve having Lucci yourself? I just got him during the Sugo (and had JUST enough stored books to max skill him), and would like to put him to work when Rocketman releases.

Lucci's probably more reliant on 3D2Y Sanji than the other way around. You can run the following, and you'll have almost 40,000 health, and recover over 3,000 health per turn.

slVll8L.png

Having Autoheal on Doflamingo is totally fine for Croc teams anyway, if you pull him. Doffy's such a versatile unit, I think it makes sense for him to equip him to go on as many teams as possible. I think you made the right choice.

I figured if I'm ever going to use Doffy as a driven lead AH is going to be very important with how many non-farmable RR heavy driven teams there are with units like Lao-G, Caesar, Gladius, and Diamante. With the exception of Caesar, they'll eventually get farmable colo versions eventually but that's not going to happen for a while especially with how Bandai is treating coliseum on global. We started late and it seems like every time there's a skill up event running, they'll only release one chaos unit at a time. We have 3 weeks of INT Capone who I don't even think is worth farming and I'm not even sure if his QCK version is worth socketing as I can get reliable QCK orb manipulation elsewhere and Kizaru, Apoo, and Gladius are better contenders for spots on shooter teams. But to get back to driven teams, I'm still waiting for Doffy forest to drop. Not too long ago it felt like they were releasing new forests once a week.

EMT0

Banned
Alternatively, if you don't have Lucci but you have Legend Jinbe, he can function in a near identical manner in a Powerhouse team(orb manipulator) due to so many key Powerhouse units also being Fighters, especially for a 1-turn burst. For a 2-turn burst(say, the double 3D2Y Sanji team GuardianE posted), you'd replace Kuma with Jinbe and have guaranteed matching orbs on everybody but Paulie whose orb you could farm in advance while using everybody else to clear stages before the boss.

Hell, you can even run a hybrid team:

1MPVBfS.png

Roughly equivalent damage as the team GuardianE posted. About as tanky as 3D2Y Sanji in raw HP with less heal(~2.5k with max autoheal) but with way more consistency on orbs than even a Lucci team, since the orbs are never guaranteed on him and you can and will whiff horribly at times.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Since I'll never ever pull Jimbe, despite wanting him shortly after learning about 3D2Y Sanji, I'm just going to have to go for Hyouzou. At least he was probably the coolest Fishman Arc fishman (though that's not saying a ton):

0kvnbRH.png

mileS

Caved in and did a few more runs of Doffy. 2/45 in total for the day. Pretty fantastic considering I maxed Aokiji at the start of this event in 45 copies. As lame as this is I'm still a bit happy in a way. Even with only 2 skill ups he is usable in my Blackbeard team for Sabo. All I need now is a few more skill ups on GPU and I'll have a fairly safe team for next time he comes around.

RedBoot

Whoo, finally got YWB. Took me four tries (one on Garp day, three today) with the "standard" Doffyless Croc team: Double Croc, Kuma, Robin, Heracles, Kalifa. That team is far from reliable, and since I don't have level 2 Cooldown (thanks, Kimono Croc fortnight!), I can actually be screwed from the start depending on enemy cooldowns. You basically need to use stage 3 to get orbs on Robin and one of the Crocs, use those and a Croc special on turn 1 of WB (plus Kalifa's special), then do the usual Hera/Kuma/Croc business on turn 2. Not something I'd use to actually farm YWB, but it got me one copy. Maybe someday I'll be able to figure out a consistent team.

Also, y'all are crazy for skilling up YWB already. If I had extras, I'd save them for the permanent skill up boost. Especially if Global doesn't end up getting Ambushes regularly.

Now, what do I do with these seven Doffy copies? Ray shop, or hope I pull Legend Doffy or Young Doffy someday?

Speaking of Whitebeard, I just beat his forest! It took me 3 tries with the SW Ace Dream Team using Legend Marco in place of Franky. I beat up Blamenco too much by accident on Stage 19 causing me to miss Marco's special timing by 1 turn. Second attempt, I just kept whiffing on the turtle stage with Jozu. The third attempt went way more smoothly although I accidentally locked myself into a bunch of bad orbs after I delayed Whitebeard. Still managed to pull through, ineptitude aside.

Shame I won't be leveling that boat up until we get a Cola event again :/

Yeah, that's the same team I used for WB Forest, since I don't have SW Franky either. It's apparently an extremely reliable team for several of the forests, though I need to get some sockets on my SW Ace before I go much further.

EMT0

Banned
Yeah, that's the same team I used for WB Forest, since I don't have SW Franky either. It's apparently an extremely reliable team for several of the forests, though I need to get some sockets on my SW Ace before I go much further.

Same here. The next forest I want to tackle is the Jinbe forest and I'd need Lv. 5 autoheal to have a hope of even pulling it off. So at some point. I'm going to have to bite the bullet, hoard up or buy 5 autoheal manuals, and drop em on Zephyr to resocket him. Otherwise I'll always be stuck at Lv. 4 autoheal.

mileS

Today I started a 2nd Doffy because of the WB skull.
Did 10 runs and and got 4 skill ups on him. WB ambushed me 2 times. Just now I got my 3rd encounter with him and THE SKULL DROPPED! RIP 2nd Doffy. :p

This was a really good OPTC day for me. Maxed legend Marco, beat Enel forest and got the skull. <3

Edit: WOW, I'm missing a red pirate penguin to super evolve my WB. ;__; Time to hit Logue Town to farm a pirate penguin. THAT'S WHAT WE DID WHEN THE GAME WAS RELEASED!! Good old times. xD

Edit 2: 4 runs later I got my penguin. This is better than running the penguin daily.

And here he is the
deadest
man in the world:

And it should be sugo rare +, Bandai! -.-
Epic post. Congrats on it all! It's funny I have been ignoring the raids until today and my first 5 Doffy runs had 3 invasions. Game really wanted me to try it but my team isn't quite there yet lol.

RedBoot

I seriously managed to skill-max 3D2Y Franky in like 12 skill books. Stupid luck. And that was really the only thing I needed from this fortnight, so I might be done there. I guess I could get more Blueno sockets, but eh.

That gives me skill maxes for 4 of the 5 damage null-ers (plus RR Kalifa). Not about to bother finishing up Aisa, though.

EMT0

Banned
How do you guys post the team pics? I wanted to do that with my Fujitora team but I didnt know how to do it

In the damage calculator, the yellow button lets you export an image. Copy it into imgur, then paste the link here inside IMG tags.

RedBoot

Hey, we're getting Sakura Monet and Sugar! We were kind of overdue for them, so it makes sense. Sakura Brook, Robin, and Nami are all back too (which makes it even weirder that they pulled Sakura Brook from that one colo).

I mean, none of them are particularly good, but still. I want Brook just for the heck of it.

I used an Double IntHawk, Raid Doffy, 3D2Y Zoro, Mr. 1, GPU team to crush Doffy a few times and got one ambush. I thought I'd be able to just follow this video for a victory, but the damn Purple Cannoner had Great barrier instead of Perfect and I messed up. I hit one perfect and that left him with enough HP to survive both turns and kill me. :-/
I had JUST enough STA to run Doffy one last time. I got Ambushed afterwards and was able to beat him. \o/

No skull, but I don't really care. I don't have Legend Whitebeard anyways. I'm just happy I was able to pull off a victory, even if I never have use for the unit itself with such a ridiculously high CD and way too convoluted method of farming dupes.

ExVicis

So it's been a busy weekend, I spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday and even today moving. So I haven't been able to do much of the clashes. But like hell I was missing Doffy. I got so many special levels on my Doffy out of that. He's not at max but I got Doflamingo down to 17 turns! So I'm feeling pretty good about some of my crews now.

We have the Mihawk Clash and Inthawk books coming up so I'm looking forward to Inthawk getting his turn to get built up.

EMT0

Banned
I know he's not going to be a 'Wreck everything captain' since this is Usopp, so now I'm trying to think of what he could actually do....some sort of support unit god?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Technically Usopp'un raid was teased as a Sogeking Raid before the reveal on April 1st.

This could just be a new RR Usopp, or a limited time Usopp being teased as a Legend.

RedBoot

I actually expect it to be legit, if only because OPTC's never done "mean" April Fools jokes. The Sogeking>Usopp'n and Straw Hats>Fake Hats raids were still actual raids, just with different (and obvious in the latter's case) characters. I don't think they'd announce a character as a legend and not actually go through with it. Plus, he's certainly going to evolve into God Usopp since that's Dressrosa Usopp/Usoland, and that's who you go with if you're doing a Legend Usopp.

After all, Usopp should clearly be the third Strawhat to get a legend, he's got the third highest bounty. :p

I do wonder if Japan isn't getting an April Fool's raid this year though. Speaking of which, if we don't get the Fake Hats teased in the next day or two, I'm gonna get worried about that one.

Rixa

Which one of these dupes I should donate for Ray3000?

- Legend Ace
or
- Legend Kizaru

Iam now at 4290 points, so there is no rush to do it yet, I just want that boat before it leaves (end of May?). Hopefully I get some dupes from Sugos for points, or if not I need to check what 100 pts units to give to Ray.

As for PH team, I have these PH unit, can I do PH team with them (if not thats ok):

- TS Sanji (5*)
- Jesus (5*)
- TTChopper (4*)
- Bepo (4*)
- O-H Namule (5*)
- D Jozu (5*)
- Chaka (4*)
- Blenheim (5*)
- Pell (4*) (Zombie team leader?)
- FN Lucci (3*, max level tho)
- Vista (4*)
- E.Newgate (5*)
- TS Chopper (4*)
- Urouge (4*)
- Squard (4*)
- Vergo (4*)
- Machvise (4*)
- Orlumbus (4*)
- Jabra (4*)
- Blueno (4*)

Ehh. Before starting to look my PH list, I was sure I have only few of them. Now that seeing I have alot of those Iam really lost for whom to use resources. Definitely going to grab that yatch (I did read that its "must" get even if you dont have PH team).

I would gladly take any suggestions who to level & focus.

Also curious which of those RR PH's are considered as trash tier (of course game lives on and so), not going to sell them for points cause I like to have atleast one of every RR I get. IF things change in the future.

Living in strange time when Iam hoping for RR dupes :D.

Edit: For Sanji & Rocketman STR & PH team

Capture%20(7).PNG

HabeeNo

After 15 gems, multiple fuck ups, and a pair of clutch Doffy's that I forgot to feed, I finally maxed Raid Doffy's Special :D

Hopefully more content can be cleared now haha

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rixa,
boats will come back at some point so no need to go all out asap before you have the squad ready. Whats your cola situation looking like right now ? If you already maxed Thousand Sunny/Coffin Boat it might be better to go for Ace Strikers or Moby Dick next since you own Legends that benefit from these ships first. It can take multiple hundreds of Colas to max these ships. Then again Rocketman is also used on Zombie teams from what ive read and it could help you unlock some of the Training Island ships like Moby Dick/Striker if you have issues with them.

Especially with 6+ Legends being introduced you probably dont wanna get rid of Kizaru/Ace dupes before knowing how their 6+ versions will look like - both 6* versions might be worth owning like it the case with Legend Boa.

You have alot of good PH subs but are missing a very good PH lead - no reason to limit yourself to PH subs if you could run a Rainbow Whitebeard team for example.

Namule/TT Chopper are kinda trash/useless but the rest of those subs are all solid and have use.

Edit:
Actually Jesus would be a solid PH Captain - if you use Fighter/PH subs.

@HabeeNo
Congrats...maxing Raid Doffy is a big step - took me over a year but when its done its great.

Rixa

Rixa,
You have alot of good PH subs but are missing a very good PH lead - no reason to limit yourself to PH subs if you could run a Rainbow Whitebeard team for example.

Namule/TT Chopper are kinda trash/useless but the rest of those subs are all solid and have use.

Edit:
Actually Jesus would be a solid PH Captain - if you use Fighter/PH subs.

Yup I was looking those characters I have thru database. Noticed Jesus would be good leader but aside from that not really useful leaders. And as for pure red team, Luffy +5* leader is great.

There is no reason to hurry nor sell those dupes. Cause I think I have under 50 cola and if Iam not mistaken it will typically take ~350 cola (or more) to max ship. 1k Sunny is maxed. I don't have coffin boat, nor I never tried any of Islands :). So that new ship can wait.

I should also stick my plan that I made earlier to make a Shooter team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yup I was looking those characters I have thru database. Noticed Jesus would be good leader but aside from that not really useful leaders. And as for pure red team, Luffy +5* leader is great.

There is no reason to hurry nor sell those dupes. Cause I think I have under 50 cola and if Iam not mistaken it will typically take ~350 cola (or more) to max ship. 1k Sunny is maxed. I don't have coffin boat, nor I never tried any of Islands :). So that new ship can wait.

I should also stick my plan that I made earlier to make a Shooter team.

Yeah - honestly the fact that you have Legend Kizaru alone means that you will end up with a kickass Shooter team. He is also amazing on a Slasher team when teamed up with Legend Mihawk. I dont remember all you Shooter/Slasher subs but you have the essential part for some amazing teams that will be able to clear most content once done.

Rixa

Yeah - honestly the fact that you have Legend Kizaru alone means that you will end up with a kickass Shooter team. He is also amazing on a Slasher team when teamed up with Legend Mihawk. I dont remember all you Shooter/Slasher subs but you have the essential part for some amazing teams that will be able to clear most content once done.

This is easier with pics than just typing them down :). Here you go, Slashers & Shooters:

4.PNG
5.PNG

6.PNG
7.PNG

Ironically I need one Zoro more and I need to evolve it to SWS form (I have 10 skill books).
Anways a lot of units to choose from.

Tidd

Lol, GodUsopp with a 5 turn delay. :)

Considering that harder raids/colosseums are immune to delays or can clear the delay it's a bad special if it's not <=10 turns.
Captain ability is also not that great. Still 11/10 legend because of the artwork. :p

A GREEN SKULL was found in the japanese data. PLS LET IT BE FOR SW ACE!!!

MiTYH

Two meatups back to back! Plus two in a row last night. Farming CP9 hasn't been this good in a while, if only RNG would go along with it.

Cora books tonight too, and breed is back next week. Lots to do

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Green Legend Skull leaked.

Take your bets. 6+ Ace, Crocodile, or Corazon?

Each is strong in their own way, but I can see any of them getting a 6+.

Ace's burst damage isn't as good as it used to be. It's still powerful, and more recent RRs have updated his dream team.

Crocodile is high risk, and requires specific RR units to shine. Without these units, most players will bench him.

Corazon is the forest killer, but he obviously is slow and weaker on the power scale. And Shirahoshi has recently stolen a bit of his thunder.

Majukun

Each is strong in their own way, but I can see any of them getting a 6+.

Ace's burst damage isn't as good as it used to be. It's still powerful, and more recent RRs have updated his dream team.

Crocodile is high risk, and requires specific RR units to shine. Without these units, most players will bench him.

Corazon is the forest killer, but he obviously is slow and weaker on the power scale. And Shirahoshi has recently stolen a bit of his thunder.
my money is on crocodile..his situation is similiar to whitebeard..it has it's uses but has some evident flaws in usability (and also needs a lot of RR to work properly)

second is corazon,mainly because his special is meh

dead last ace because it's already an incredibly good legend..but it would also mean a lot of gems spent by it's user if they make it even more powerful

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Will RR Perona be even better than Raid Perona?

You mean fortnight Perona? On paper, probably. Her special is a 1 turn 90% damage reduction, enemy defense reduction, and cancels 2 turns of enemy damage reduction buff or reduce "damage above threshold" buff.

Fortnight Perona will still be useful. She's different from RR Perona in that she's DEX with low cost, DEX Perona poisons... and we don't know RR Peronas max cooldown.

HabeeNo

@HabeeNo
Congrats...maxing Raid Doffy is a big step - took me over a year but when its done its great.

Thank you so much!!

And man, this new Rayleigh & God Usopp are stupid broken, holy moly. Idk what they'll be setting up in the future but that's definitely power creeping (unless their CDs are super high)

Hana-Bi

Since I got both Ace and Corazon last sugo and already have Croc I hope one of those three legends will get a nice little buff. :)

bjork

Each is strong

Let me dream for a second: Blackbeard.

Adds WB's special to his own as a second stage. So if you could stall out long enough, it would be a 60% cut. Use a team with a friend BB and a Sugar, and you've got a OTKO team that doesn't need any other reducers.

Majukun

what perplexes me is that they keep releasing 6*+ but we had no 5*+ after the strawhats.. there are a ton of old RR units in need of a revamp.

bjork

what perplexes me is that they keep releasing 6*+ but we had no 5*+ after the strawhats.. there are a ton of old RR units in need of a revamp.

I think they'd rather sell you the slight chance to maybe pull a new/different version of a character that they add to the RR pool, rather than revamp the old ones, sadly. It could be nice if they'd add special inherits like some other games have, so you could have two specials on a guy and make some insane teams from it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Let me dream for a second: Blackbeard.

Adds WB's special to his own as a second stage. So if you could stall out long enough, it would be a 60% cut. Use a team with a friend BB and a Sugar, and you've got a OTKO team that doesn't need any other reducers.

I don't think there's any way Zoro or Blackbeard are getting a 6+. They basically just came out. 6+s are for updating older legends.

They're still releasing 5+ strawhats though. We just saw Robin, Franky, and Brooke. I think they want to buff all the free units first before moving on.

Since I got both Ace and Corazon last sugo and already have Croc I hope one of those three legends will get a nice little buff. :)

Since Ace is the only older DEX legend I don't have, I'm going to assume it's him.

Top Bottom