• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Updates Person 5 streaming guidelines

Again, not sure how many people are saying it ironically but the fact that Shit Gets Real around 11/19 barely constitutes a spoiler- you can figure out that something's going to happen around that time in the first half hour of the game, and the exact date it will happen becomes obvious as you get closer to it.
I was so curious to get to 7/7 and I did and it was like what

7/7 was probably just chosen because that's when the third story arc ends, and the fourth story arc is when the game starts throwing some legitimately unexpected things at you, specifically that (dungeon 4 spoilers obvs)
Futaba is your fourth target

So, are they going to unblock the screenshot feature? It got tired to take crappy photos of my TV screen to share stuff to my friends who are also playing the game.

I bet they are not surprised.

FSLink

Banned
No your just in denial this is in fact true it lessens the chance of you running into spoilers much more.

Nah, in fact due to the streaming policy rules pissing people off, I actually saw an increase in posting spoilers in some places (Twitch chat, Twitter). Anecdotal, but ya know. I don't think it decreased spoilers in a meaningful way.

Plus the fact that the game came out in September in Japan and there were plenty of spoilers out there already.

notworksafe

yXs9mjA.png

B8TKHUe.png

eBgh1H5.png

Shifty1897

Clearly they are missing the point. Maybe they need me to make what I want a little more clear.

MY SHARE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK IN THIS GAME. I WANT MY SHARE BUTTON TO WORK WHEN I PRESS IT, NOT WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT FOR YOUR BOTTOM LINE.

Atlus is the new Konami.

BigEmil

I can Google Persona 5 relationship and get a 6 1/2 hour video of EVERY SINGLE relationship scene in the game.

It has over 200K views and is the first video you see when you type it in on YouTube.

It's bullshit.
Should have added "accidental" spoiler. This policy significantly reduces that.

Your talking about intential spoiler that's not what were talking about that's up to you if you wanna spoil yourself on purpose.
Nah, in fact due to the streaming policy rules pissing people off, I actually saw an increase in posting spoilers in some places (Twitch chat, Twitter). Anecdotal, but ya know. I don't think it decreased spoilers in a meaningful way.

Plus the fact that the game came out in September in Japan and there were plenty of spoilers out there already.
Not true again. This policy reduces accidental spoilers much more and that's a fact.

Should have added "accidental" spoiler. This policy significantly reduces that.

Your talking about intential spoiler that's not what were talking about that's up to you if you wanna spoil yourself on purpose.

Not true again.
If you are watching somebody else play the game.

That's intentionally spoiling stuff.

BigEmil

If you are watching somebody else play the game.

That's intentionally spoiling stuff.
Where are you trying to go with this im talking about accidental spoilers you might randomly find while just browsing the internet, that can also happen to YouTube more people upload videos on it more likely people might accidentally find Persona 5 video spoilers wether in suggestions or whatever.

Ahahahahaha fuck you
Read the beginning of the article which is not quoted in OP for some reason then that makes sense.

Do we really have to explain the Streisand effect to you?
I know exactly what it is means and it's not working here. Not many people own capture card for their PS4 while 50million own PS4 with inbuilt DVR system, owners of capture cards in retaliation of this would not have been enough spoilers in internet compared to if this policy did not exist where much more of it would've been on the internet.

Wow. Atlus spoiled the ending for me now since I now know when it takes place.
:p

11/19 isn't even the opening for the final dungeon. Or even the second to last dungeon. But it is the start of the climax, I guess.

Where are you trying to go with this in talking about accidental spoilers you might randomly find while just browsing the internet, that can also happen to YouTube more people upload videos on it more likely people might accidentally find Persona 5 video spoilers wether in suggestions or whatever.

The onus is on the individual to duck spoilers, especially if their browsing habits takes them in orbit of behavior tracking algorithms that might pop up something relevant to their interests but against their wishes to experience a game/movie/anything completely blind. There are tools to actively filter potential spoilers and it's probably more helpful and productive to share knowledge of their existence than blanket every consumer with a nonsense ban that will never achieve the stated results.

I never thought I'd care about the screenshots outside the trophy notification (Which is still a complete moment ruiner) but the OT is rife with smartphone pics of funny quotes and cool persona fusions. It feels like we've regressed back to early 2000s gaming. Turn the fucking screenshots on Atlus! You're not stopping spoilers in the slightest, you're inconveniencing your customers.

Same with streaming. Hell, the reason P4 got so popular is due to Giant Bombs LP.

I know exactly what it is means and it's not working here. Not many people own capture card while 50million own PS4 with inbuilt DVR system, owners of capture cards in retaliation of this would not have been enough spoilers in internet compared to if this policy did not exist where much more of it would've been on the internet.

Smartphone cameras exist, genius. I saw plenty of Persona 5 "screenshots" made by camera on Twitter.

Alucrid

Banned
We also want to apologize to those of you who saw the previous guidelines blog post as threatening. We want to be transparent about what we do, and the reason we released the guidelines was to give streamers the right information up front. It was never our intention to threaten people with copyright strikes, but we clearly chose the wrong tone for how to communicate this.

lol what a load of shit

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

tone my ass - they actually put out the threat of copyright strikes. this is pretty meaningless to me though, until the share functionality gets patched in it's still ass backwards.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
An improvement. But honestly I hope people don't stop to speak up until they change their streaming/screenshot restrictions with the PS4 native capabilities.
Their guidelines shouldn't be more than a plea at most maybe something to be enforced for a limited amount of time. But after a while it's just silly and I very much believe a detriment to it's own success to not allow users various forms of sharing.

Hope that we might actually see a patch for screenshots at least. I feel like the argument of at least not having shitty screenshots should be good enough to convince since nobody going to be able to stop people from making worse pics with their smartphones.

Kyrios

If they cared so much about western gamers getting spoiled for the story, then they would have had a simultaneous worldwide release of the game or at the very least not have delayed the localisation however many times they did.

At least give us the screenshot feature.

Nyoro SF

lol what a load of shit

tone my ass - they actually put out the threat of copyright strikes. this is pretty meaningless to me though, until the share functionality gets patched in it's still ass backwards.

At least no one will deny that Atlus Japan has quite the backwards way of thinking anymore, yes?

And you would've seen 100x more than those camera shots without the policy ;)

I saw the final Persona 5 boss as a suggested video spoiler.

The policy did nothing.

danm999

I know exactly what it is means and it's not working here. Not many people own capture card for their PS4 while 50million own PS4 with inbuilt DVR system, owners of capture cards in retaliation of this would not have been enough spoilers in internet compared to if this policy did not exist where much more of it would've been on the internet.

Smartphones.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This news spoiled me more about the game(11/19 YUGE EVENT) than a million video streams would have ever done so(I would have avoided those!)

Thanks again Atlus!

Top Bottom