• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man's 2017 cartoon gets a trailer

Champion

giphy.gif

Oh god, they're really going to do the whole "mega" catchphrase thing like the 90's aren't they?

Imagine a group of adults sitting around a table with furrowed brows, trying to come up with catchphrases for their licensed Mega Man show. Suddenly one stands up, and utters "Meganize me."

And that's the best idea they had that night.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I... I don't hate that. I was expecting the absolute worst thing ever, but, maybe I'm just used to the mind-melting drek my niece and nephew watch, but that honestly didn't bother me at all.

Though, isn't the show meant to be 2D rather than 3D?

R0ckman

Not really sure why whenever a game gets an adaptation and it strays from the original concepts, the immediate excuse is "aimed for kids". Im sure the original design would do fine too. My 2 year old son, was with me in Best Buy was in the amiibo section grabbing as many as he can, saw Mega Man smash amiibo and dropped every last one of the other ones to grab that one.

That being said, this could have been MUCH worse.

Teknoman

Not really sure why whenever a game gets an adaptation and it strays from the original concepts, the immediate excuse is "aimed for kids". Im sure the original design would do fine too. My 2 year old son, was with me in Best Buy was in the amiibo section grabbing as many as he can, saw Mega Man smash amiibo and dropped every last one of the other ones to grab that one.

That being said, this could have been MUCH worse.

The messed up thing is that stuff like Steven Universe's art style, actually looks closer to what you'd expect than this.

Would I expect it to be a carbon copy of any of the series storylines? No...but there is just so much more they could've done.

Well maybe they wont go the route of having just random contained story episodes?

Top Bottom