• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Truck Simulator |OT| Freedom gives me a Semi with a Heavy Load

Saganator

Any word if they plan on doing a Colorado map? I-70 through the Rocky Mountains is one of the more difficult roads for truck drivers, but it's also really scenic! Would love to do some long hauls from Denver to SF in ATS.

They plan on doing all states eventually, but it'll be a while before they get to Colorado, since they're working their way to the east coast via I-10, and they have talked about the Pacific Northwest.

I do want to go to Colorado too though, having lived in Colorado Springs myself.

Here's a random question, because I've been out of touch with this and ETS for a while, but does anyone have their game setup in single or dual monitor mode in a way that doesn't look like garbage?

Here is a comprehensive guide to setting up dual monitors with correct fov:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=628485050

Personally I play on single monitor (when not in vr) and use my mouse to look around and have a dedicated button to recenter my view.

I've also read about someone who configured controls so that the view instantly snaps back to default when you are not actively using your analog stick to move around. I think it can be done in controls.sii by assigning both left and right axis to the "center view" control, and then putting a ! (not) in front of the input names so the game will always be activating the command when you are not pushing the stick.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Any word if they plan on doing a Colorado map? I-70 through the Rocky Mountains is one of the more difficult roads for truck drivers, but it's also really scenic! Would love to do some long hauls from Denver to SF in ATS.

Yeah, Colorado is on the list, although they will be working their way over to the east coast and up along the west coast to Alaska first by the sounds of it. They'd like to do all of North America eventually, but to be honest at their current pace I just can't see that happening. I'd wager we'll see the mod community do it long before SCS gets there!

rrs

Here's a random question, because I've been out of touch with this and ETS for a while, but does anyone have their game setup in single or dual monitor mode in a way that doesn't look like garbage?

I have two monitors but I usually only game on one, and whenever I've gone to play ATS I've had to change around some config settings for nVidia surround just to get dual monitors going so I try to stay on one when possible, and it's been my experience that on one monitor, it's just a huge pain to try and see when you're trying to drive or take a turn. I can see with the side mirrors to make sure I'm staying in my lane, but when it comes time to take a turn, I have to use my right stick to check left/right to make sure cars aren't coming before I start my turn, and then it takes some time to readjust myself to my "primary" view.

I'm guessing people start screwing with their FOVs to get a better view of the area around them, but I'm wondering what peoples' setup looks like, because it's *really* awkward to use right now.
Right stick click centers view, fov set to 90, and a virtual right hand mirror are my gotos

B.K.

I bought the game during the Steam summer sale. I'm going to be playing on a Dualshock 4 on PC. What are some good key bindings to make it play as best as possible with a controller?

As far as X, Circle, Triangle, and Square, I recommend using one for headlights, one for windshield wipers, one for over the shoulder view, and one for straight ahead view.

SJRB

Gold Member
I bought the game during the Steam summer sale. I'm going to be playing on a Dualshock 4 on PC. What are some good key bindings to make it play as best as possible with a controller?

Aside from steering, gas and looking around I have:

- Engine on/off
- Decoupling trailer
- Handbrake
- Windshield wipers
- Headlights
- Blinkers [for immersion]

And if there's any buttons left - the map.

rrs

New beta update is out, featuring double, triple, and Rocky Mountain Doubles
01.jpg

U2NUMB

I gotta be honest.. I can not believe we are sitting here in August and we still have no date for the new state. This actually might take the rest of my life to get the whole US made.

For ETS 2 players with a World of Truck account, a new event has started called Trade Connections - France. Complete deliveries to and from France with 10 different countries), and you'll get a miniature Eiffel Tower for your cabin, as well as 3 random flag pennants, which can be bought, sold, and traded over Steam Marketplace.'

EDIT: My regular Freight Market job didn't count, so I assume it's Online Contracts.

AtlAntA

Tbh all of the ATS states kinda look a like. Probably because a lot of assets are being re used but it makes me doubtfull about the other states with more diverse landscapes and their release dates. Washington might take them 2 years..

These are two images from the upcoming New Mexico DLC. I'd say that's both variety from the base game and within the same state.

Apart from that, they seem to spend a lot of time making unique buildings and landmarks in each state. Probably more time than they spend on the landscapes.

Pachimari

I know this is a Euro Truck 2 question but how come I can't set my truck into gear anymore? I've disabled the parking brake, started the engine and everything works but I can't get it out of Neutral ugh. :(

What are your controller settings? If you are on real automatic you need to bind shift up and shift down to be able to switch between reverse, neutral and drive. I don't remember what the defaults are. If you are on simple automatic, I don't think you need to bind anything special but can't remember.

Pachimari

It have to be said, it worked before. I am on a Logitech G29 + pedals + gearshifter.

I'm on range, simple+warning sounds. I already binded shift up and down.

Check that your clutch pedal works in controller settings (the bar should fill up when depressed).

Check that each gear on the controller is bound to positions 1-6

Try re-selecting range mode. I know a recent patch changed all the shifter options.

Is the G29 shifter standalone or require some special settings in the logitech software since it is sold seperatly? Maybe you need to specifically select it at the top in the controller menu?

In addition to me being glad that I don't have to drive in that roundabout-less dystopia you call the United States of America, this screenshot is some of the most detailed work I've seen in the game. No wonder this takes ages when they are always raising the bar.

U2NUMB

In addition to me being glad that I don't have to drive in that roundabout-less dystopia you call the United States of America, this screenshot is some of the most detailed work I've seen in the game. No wonder this takes ages when they are always raising the bar.

Not sure about other states but here in Minnesota we have round a bouts all over the place. And as a fun little side game nobody knows how to use them.

Awesome that New Mexico is almost here. Q4 2017 they said.

Finished the Trade Connections event and got 2 Polands and a Switzerland. Sold them and bought UK, Sweden, Italy, and Czech Republic. It's a nice V with a Scania pennant at the center.

Moltenix

Who the hell builds an intersection with a train line running through the middle of it?!

There is a World of Trucks event going on now. 300.000lbs of goods in double trailers delivered by December will get you a Steam inventory enabled background. The reward is pretty bad compared to the similar event they had for Euro Truck a few months ago, but I guess since cabin accessories aren't legal in the US they have to work with what they've got.

New World of Trucks Event: Double-trailer Logistics

I also expect NM to be out by the end of this month, but I have to say I'm disappointed about how long SCS are taking with each state. I get that the rescaling was a massive effort and the work they do on maps now is so much better than in the past, but progress seems so slow.

ATS open beta for 1.29 is out on Steam (check beta branch). No blog post until Monday, but dev wrote this on reddit:
Most notable changes:

Complete overhaul of navigation algorithms (direction aware, multiple modes)
Time zones support
Environmental lighting improvement
Map improvements (over 1000km of new roads) - look for CA-101, I-15, AZ-93 and few more.

Modders might appreciate eg. brand new interactive tool for environmental lighting and weather setting (included in editor).

This also probably means that NM is right around the corner since version updates usually come right before map expansions.

c0Zm1c

CDKeys has the New Mexico expansion listed for "30th October 2017". It's the only place that does as far as I can see though.

Some of these new roads save a good amount of work, like how AZ-93 essentially connects Phoenix to Kingman. Also notice that New Mexico is "highlighted" on the world and job maps.

Drove the new road by Death Valley and it's a really interesting drive. The new GPS mode that makes it avoid highways whenever possible is almost tailor made to me as well. I always love to take the smaller and more interesting roads.

Edit: Seems like ever stretch of road they've added feels higher quality than the base game. This bodes really well for the NM expansion.

Catphish

I picked this up on day one of the Steam summer sale with all the DLC and I gotta tell ya, I am fucking HOOKED on this game. I thought I would be bored since I've been playing nothing but racing games lately, but nothing could be further from the truth.

I play it on Rift S, with wheel, pedals, h-shifter and buttkicker. Shit is Zen on wheels. Grab a job, hit the road, take in the sights, listen to tunes. So simple, so laid back, but sooooo much fun.

Highly recommended 👍👍

Droxcy

I picked this up on day one of the Steam summer sale with all the DLC and I gotta tell ya, I am fucking HOOKED on this game. I thought I would be bored since I've been playing nothing but racing games lately, but nothing could be further from the truth.

I play it on Rift S, with wheel, pedals, h-shifter and buttkicker. Shit is Zen on wheels. Grab a job, hit the road, take in the sights, listen to tunes. So simple, so laid back, but sooooo much fun.

Highly recommended 👍👍

Have to login to TruckersMP world feels insanely alive with other truckers.

Danknugz

Anyone know if there’s a mod that will act like those self driving AI trucks and autopilot/drive for you? Kind of wish I could just kick back up in the sleeper cabin with some YouTube overlay on an in cabin tv/laptop and watch the scenery go by in VR.

Top Bottom