• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Mapper puts huge Portal 2 easter egg inside Left 4 Dead 2

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
IcyBlueStrawberry said:
It does seem planned, but I think it's just that the girls had already discovered the maps secrets and decided to record the video while playing through it again and pretending that it was their first time.

I don't think so. Sounds like PR. Especially with two girl gamers and all, which you can hear perfectly clearly.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Valnen said:
L4D isn't exactly a game that requires amazing precision, so why not?
Are you shitting me? :|

I've played L4D2 with a controller and it was terribly crippling. :lol

L4D requires a lot of precision, man.

Ether_Snake said:
I don't think so. Sounds like PR. Especially with two girl gamers and all, which you can hear perfectly clearly.
In all fairness her channel has been up and posting videos for years, and this video doesn't seem too far from the norm.

And it's a community map, so I don't see what the creator would gain from making this kind of video.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Fun, even if not official. Video would be good if not for all the talking and forced wows/omgs.

Nicely done. Loved the ending part with the sign, hahaha.

Had to turn the volume down because some of those screams were really loud.

Barkley's Justice said:
wow these girls...i bet you guys sound like this too when you play.
Nah, I just sing various disney songs.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Stallion Free said:
It doesn't have aim assist, it does have the 180 spin. It generally feels like shit.
Last time I tried to play L4D2 with a controller (On the 360) I was so horrible I couldn't believe it. For some reason orientation was really difficult as well. That's when I realised joysticks truly are the bane of shooters.

Chuck

Still without luck
This is awesome.

Also, MUTE MUTE MUTE MUTE.

EDIT: This should be labeled as fan-made in the OP.

Valnen

Stitch said:
:lol :lol

yes it does
The only way I could think of it requiring any sort of precision is if you played on a hard difficulty setting or did multiplayer, otherwise the game is really, really easy.

bolt7

Banned
I love how mis-leading this thread title is.

Pretty sweet, though. Very well made. For a second there, I really did believe it was official. There's nothing wrong with the players being girls but- they just so happened to take the gnome all the way there and they just so happened to be recording the play though... it did seem a little bit fake. Still, was great to see.

Foffy

Banned
This is one of the most detailed and amazing easter eggs I've ever found in a campaign EVER. Anyone who has Left 4 Dead 2 on PC needs to download this and play it ASAP. If you do, it needs to be played on a local server due to some official dedicated servers being retarded. Will be patched soon, though.

More like it's not an official stage. :p

mrplaid

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS IT'S PORTAL. OH MY GOD COMPANION CUBE. OH MY GOD ME GUSTA DEFINITELY. OH MY GOD STOP MURDERING ME.

IcyBlueStrawberry said:
It does seem planned, but I think it's just that the girls had already discovered the maps secrets and decided to record the video while playing through it again and pretending that it was their first time.

It all sounds so fake and horribly planned that the video turns horrible, even worse because you cant hear the puzzles.
I dont usually get mad at voices in videos but this ones are so horribly that I want to punch them in the mouth, and you cant turn the volume off because you want to hear the level :(

All I could think of was

kinect-adventures.jpg

"look at that water"

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Holy fucking shit, Valve. You guys... Oh my God.

There are no words.

Edit: Oh, well, even if it's fan-made, it's still awesome.

DSc

Sorry guys, I wasn't aware it was fanmade.

I have been misled :'(

Still insanely cool, mind.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DSc said:

Sorrys won't cut it. We're going to have to harvest your organs.

Corto

DSc said:

It says right here... You're a horrible person. And we weren't even testing for that.

Nah. The mod is definitely fantastic! Thanks for sharing...

Top Bottom