• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming February 2017 | Providing escapism since 2008

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just picked up ink spotters

seems like a neat story to dig into

CAROUSEL1.png

Pachimari

Xcom and Civilization Rev 2 are having big sales. Sid Meier's Starships is on sale too.

Bought Xcom, Hidden Folks, Slayaway Camp and Causality.

Nimbus is here (finally!) and I just played 1 hour of Isaac on it. W E W.

Time to download all the mfi games and who wants to play MH freedom unite? :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can someone recommend a picross game that smartly handles switching between marking a square filled or marking with an X? So many I've tried you have to tap on an icon to select X or fill and then tap where you want to mark. Makes filling in lines annoying

I'd have thought someone would do it so eg I could simply tap outside the puzzle area to toggle the mark, or hold down a thumb outside of the puzzle area to switch to X and not pressing means you fill (equivalent of 3DS shoulder button)

Iphone seems perfect for picross but nothing quite fits the bill

yophlow

Banned
Hey all, is it appropriate to post about pre-release betas here? Looking for testers at the moment for an online iOS game (servers, room balance tests etc) and this is obviously the thread with the most relevant audience. Don't want to spam or break any rules, but wasn't sure if that would be permissible. Either way, all good!

Hey all, is it appropriate to post about pre-release betas here? Looking for testers at the moment for an online iOS game (servers, room balance tests etc) and this is obviously the thread with the most relevant audience. Don't want to spam or break any rules, but wasn't sure if that would be permissible. Either way, all good!
Yeah, it's fine in this thread.

yophlow

Banned
Yeah, it's fine in this thread.

We're making a game called Crash Club! I generally hate to make comparisons between different games and genres, but for now the simplest way to explain it is - Agar.io meets TwistedMetal/GTA. It's an online driving, crashing and combat game. Every other car is a real person.

Explore a full city, unlock SHITLOADS of cars, collect tokens to buy weapons in real time, and crash into everything for points. You can fight other cars or play defensively, ducking the streets and using turbo to escape.

Our team is no strange to mobile games. Designed by Luke Muscat, who is most known for creating and designing Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Luke is one of the most well-known mobile designers out there, so this game is in good hands. Hugh Walters is Art Director, a dude who makes everything look incredible, and also worked on Fruit Ninja and countless other games for almost a decade now.

We're adding as many people as we can and running a large playtest this week to test room balance and our new combat tweaks. The game is pretty far along, and we're looking for any and all bugs and feedback you can throw at us. We can't get too many testers, so if you are interested in join the early community, that would be much appreciated!

To register, simply fill out this 30 second Google Form. It collects names and emails so i can easily import the csv to our TestFlight account. Also, fi you do sign up, please accept push notifications to we can send when playtests are live and other important announcements. We won't spam you with bullshit :)

Google Form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUQcPOs4ww5egJDoR4PRf5fb7Kmc97SPum0AFz7AyJkmq8Bw/viewform
Quick video with some early gameplay here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxZysffyyw

hdQFn3o.jpg

I wonder if Square Enix will have a Final Fantasy sale sometime soon for iOS. They've got a big sale on Steam right now and they had a sale going on PSN too recently.

It's almost been a year since Final Fantasy 9 came out on iOS and I just got a Appstore giftcard, and I want to buy it, but I can wait for it to go on sale again before jumping on it.

Eklesp

I wonder if Square Enix will have a Final Fantasy sale sometime soon for iOS. They've got a big sale on Steam right now and they had a sale going on PSN too recently.

It's almost been a year since Final Fantasy 9 came out on iOS and I just got a Appstore giftcard, and I want to buy it, but I can wait for it to go on sale again before jumping on it.

That would be great. I want so badly to play through FF6 on my phone. The movement control drives me crazy though. I assume the others use the same type.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Want to pick up Binding of Isaac but thinking maybe I should just grab it for Vita since physical buttons?

Thoughts? Is it a better experience with physical buttons or is touchscreen fine? Would prefer not to carry the Vita around if possible.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Want to pick up Binding of Isaac but thinking maybe I should just grab it for Vita since physical buttons?

Thoughts? Is it a better experience with physical buttons or is touchscreen fine? Would prefer not to carry the Vita around if possible.

i found it impossible to play on touch screen

I found it playable but Vita is definitely the better way to play it on the go

Yankai's Triangle will last you many many hours, and will surprise you with new mechanics even after those many many hours

Swap Sword is a pretty cool hybrid of tactical roguelike and match-3

I...completely missed this. It looks right up my alley
So I did buy both Swap Sword and Yankais Triangle and their both really good. I played Yankais Triangle for the majority of my flight. I've thought I was burnt out on minimalist puzzlers but YT was simply brilliant and beautiful. Swap Sword was also a nice change of pace from regular match 3 games.

awp69

There's this game Wonder Knights that is a really cool blend of shmup and a party based RPG dungeon crawler. Seriously very impressive and unique. Sadly, it's also infested by all of the usual freemium trappings from timers and massive IAPs for several currencies.

This is one of those cases that really ticks me off when it's not premium and seems to be predatory. Going to see how bad it gets but the menu UI alone and so many currencies is not looking good.

Ashame, because I love the idea.

Just realized it's made by the same people as Buff Knight which I don't remember being as bad as this freemium wise.

Edit: that's because there's a premium version of BK that I have for some reason with just an additional donate button. Wonder Knights is much cooler IMO but they went all out with the IAPs and opt in ads for this one.

Protopop

Neo Member
Nimian Legends: BrightRidge HD is FREE for a limited time: http://toucharcade.com/2017/02/14/nimian-legends-brightridge-hd-freebie/

Edit: Omg game is so beautiful on Ultra settings and with some effects. O.O
But i think that my iPhone 7 will melt. Also RIP battery.

Thank you for trying the game and for the compliment:)

Sorry about your battery:( I'm always updating the game (android and Apple TV versions are in the works) so it should become more performant as time passes.

It's nice to know you can pump up the effects on iPhone 7 too:)

awp69

If you're looking for a decent action RPG, Djinn Caster seems good so far. Extremely polished. It's Kemco but one of the few action RPGs they've published. I'll post more impressions when I get a chance to play more.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Soooo.... Alto´s is visiting the desert? I was hoping they made a game out of the gadget that let him fly... but free falling, still horizontal but no ground, just death, and with a fly suit...

Why make a game out of the worst mechanic in the game? :)

I bought Stagehand expecting to really love it, but I put it down after only a few minutes. I really liked The Incident and I'm generally a big fan of projects Neven Mrgn works on, but something about this one really rubbed me the wrong way. Not upset about throwing two bucks at a well-made product, though.

awp69

Got to say that I am really impressed with Djinn Caster. Love the painted graphical style and level of polish is amazing. Combat is relatively simple so far but summoning is cool and the story is decent so far (with excellent translation). Someone on TA likened it to playing a 3DS game and I can't argue with that right now in terms of quality.

killercow

Reign's update, bringing new cards and events, will be out on March 8. Reigns 2, featuring a Queen, should be out later this year as previously mentioned.

raiot

Got to say that I am really impressed with Djinn Caster. Love the painted graphical style and level of polish is amazing. Combat is relatively simple so far but summoning is cool and the story is decent so far (with excellent translation). Someone on TA likened it to playing a 3DS game and I can't argue with that right now in terms of quality.

Thanks for your impressions, i was unsure if i should buy it, but you convinced me. Do you know any other recent ARPGs that are like this?

Top Bottom