• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hands on: Rocket League Switch (60 fps!)

Richie

Favorable impressions from Geek.com on this port! There's also this:

That beauty remains on Nintendo Switch. I first played the game on PC, and naturally that version was more graphically impressive than the Switch version. However, the team made the right choice to prioritize 60 FPS, so the game runs nice and smooth even in handheld mode. The developers behind this port, Panic Button, are also responsible for the miracle that is Doom on Switch. You can’t blame poor technical performance for your loss, only your own poor performance. And the game’s visuals are still plenty bright and cheery and explosive shrunk down on the handheld screen.

Never played it before myself. Excited to see what the fuzz is about!

misterb2001

Neo Member
Put almost 1100 hours into this amazing game.

Almost worth getting a switch for on its own. Portable Rocket League? Fuck yes!!!

nikos

Played it a few weeks ago. Felt like Rocket League. Looked worse but seemed to run at 60. I’m not a huge fan, so I only spent a couple of minutes with it. From what I experienced, fans shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Any footage of this thing running in handheld mode? I'm hoping with the smaller screen that it will actually look pretty sharp, but I know at 60fps this may be difficult on the switch

Strider

To be fair, having noticeable drops in this game can really impact your performance during a game. A stable 60 is a necessity.

Yep.

And for me I play Rocket League at 144hz on PC so 60 is already a noticeable step down... Anything below that will just feel really terrible in comparison.

I can play games at 30 fps or 60 fps just fine in general but when I'm accustomed to playing a specific title at a high fps it's really tough to start dealing with a lower fps again for that specific game.

Locked 60 in handheld mode though and I'm totally in.

JCX

Guess I'm getting this game for a fourth time.

All I need is Overwatch and Smash Bros on Switch and it'll become my main multiplayer machine.

ryushe

I've only played minutes of RL when I got it free on PS+ but have they included any sort of single player content or will most, if not all, of my time be online?

It'll look great on the little screen, pro update kinda showed how rough it looked on base ps4. Really pleased by the cleaned up IQ.

Maiar_m

I've only played minutes of RL when I got it free on PS+ but have they included any sort of single player content or will most, if not all, of my time be online?

You can play with bots in the PS4 version but most people play online yes.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Will there be a physical release or is this just digital? Never played Rocket League as it's not on any platforms I own but I'd love to give this a rent via Gamefly.

nampad

Framerate should be their top priority.
Can‘t wait for the Digital Foundry analysis.

Never really played Rocket League but this will push me to get a Switch when it does come out.

Wow, you never really played the game but will now buy a console just for it?

DavidDesu

Good to hear. I can’t not buy this for the Switch. Portable Rocket League will be nice, and will be fun to dominate in the early games ;p.

Peléo

Excited for my holiday season with Mario, Splatoon, Doom and Rocket League. Plus whatever indies come in.

Hopefully there will be a lot of support with Nintendo themed cars moving forward besides the already announced ones.

No. Platform-exclusive cars and items can only be seen by users on that particular platform. On other platforms, it's replaced by a vehicle with an equivalent hitbox.

yep, Sweet Tooth shows up as the child molester van in the PC version

I kinda want to buy this for the Samus car alone but my boy on PC won't see it so what's the point

Top Bottom