• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hope Sora's KHIII gets updated to match his voice

Foxxsoxx

Jesus that Micky replacement actor is hot garbage. That is the worst Micky impression I have ever heard.

I'm so glad I don't care about Kingdom Hearts anymore.

11 years ago maybe, but the dialogue and scenes are just cringe now that I'm older. Not even charming, just cringe...

Rob2K19

Sora was 16 in DDD which takes place one year or so after KH2.

Ah! DDD misinformation spreading. Never gets old. The English translations in those journals are errors. Sora is 15 years old in DDD just like in KH2 as shown in the Memorial Ultimania. coded takes place immediately after KH2 and DDD takes place immediately after coded as shown in Famitsu's KH 2.8 magazine timeline. Fun fact: Chain of Memories takes place 8 days after KH1 as shown in the 358/2 Days timeline Ultimania. The Famitsu issue states "immediately after" so the gap between KH2 and DDD should be no more than 2 weeks.

Also, X takes place more than 100 years b4 BBS.

JayEH

Mickey doesn't sound great in 0.2 but the same guy sounded good in BBS and DDD. Maybe he had a cold that day lol.

Twookie

Jesus that Micky replacement actor is hot garbage. That is the worst Micky impression I have ever heard.

I'm so glad I don't care about Kingdom Hearts anymore.

11 years ago maybe, but the dialogue and scenes are just cringe now that I'm older. Not even charming, just cringe...

yeah I'm at this stage too I think. The way they emote when they talk and the dialogue and voice acting is really offputting to me now, even though I loved these games when I were younger :(

Fj0823

I hope Sora gets updated to not exist anymore along with everyone else except the Disney folks

So productive. Thank you.

On topic: Maybe have Sora be 18 or something this time? Osment really doesn't have the KH2 voice anymore, so just have him change his voice like they did when he lost his KH1 voice

So productive. Thank you.

On topic: Maybe have Sora be 18 or something this time? Osment really doesn't have the KH2 voice anymore, so just have him change his voice like they did when he lost his KH1 voice
Sorry, still salty about the direction the series took. It's a valid opinion, even if it's considered trolling by the fans of the series.

Zomba13

Pretty sure everyone sounds like shit in 0.2. They probably did it on super short notice in like an afternoon or 5 minutes or something. Most of the characters only show up in a secret post ending thing for less than 5 minutes so there was probably very little time or effort devoted to the recording.

Ray Down

Banned

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I think they should really just get a different VO. Haley was great when he fit back in the day, but whatever he was doing in .2 wasn't working. i liked him as vanitas though but its been a while since then

JayEH

There was an equal balance between Disney (I.e. The appeal of the series in the first place) and try hard Final Fantasy bullshit. That scale has slid.

It's final fantasy that's gotten the short end of the stick. There was only one FF character in BBS and none in DDD. Disney worlds are still the majority and they're still relevant to the plot. KH2 is really the only big game to be overwhelmingly in the original characters' favor. In the other games the original stuff only really comes into play towards the end of the game. For most of it you're doing Disney shenanigans.

If he's not up to scratch, replace them. Simple as. Sure he's been with the series but I don't really care about that as much as I do about performance. Hell, I'm not even bothered if it ever turned out Utada Hikaru won't be lending her music to the series at all (even though she is). All I care about is Everyone Is Ansem. Or Sora. Or something.

Losing Billy Zane as Ansem still stings. He was legit amazing. And then we get slooooww sleeeeeepppy taaaallking guuuuyyy.

DiZ couldn't be helped. Getting a voice that deep probably isn't so easy. Sadly similar situation for Master Xehanort now.

Tsunamo

Everything up till DDD was pretty solid. That 0.2 ending was pretty bad though (and the Japanese voices were fine for it) makes me wonder if they had a bad voice director for that scene or something.

Losing both Leonard Nimoy and the original JPN voice likely means Young Xehanort is getting a role upgrade. Either that or Corey Burton will voice every single villain.

Leonard Nimoy was always my favorite example of amazing celebrity voicework. I'm sad again.

i hope that we'll get back the many europeans dubs for KH 3...

we got them for KH 1 and 2, and for everything else, only english...

Top Bottom