• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Trooper Redux (PS4 Remaster, Rebellion)

8bit

Knows the Score
Enjoyed this a lot, nice to see it back. Someone at Rebellion has been keeping good care of this biochip.

33171038445_8c800fc32a_o.jpg

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...er-rogue-trooper-is-being-remastered-for-ps4/

(edit, also for other systems. Just spotted the announcement on the PS blog.)

(edit 2, I guess this is first fruits of Rebellion licensing the characters out to other devs if they're not doing this in-house.)

I enjoyed the PS2 and Wii versions of this, although I never finished them. I feel like they'll need to make some things up to today's standards, because it always had that sort of PS2 era shooter feel, and always felt a bit archaic.

Awww yisss! Gimme now!
The main thing they need to fix is the Choppa Chase in the middle and maybe some more variety but i hope they don't tinker with it too much if i'm honest.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
After watching the Nindie Showcase and seeing how this game's logo popped up in the infographic picture right at the end of the presentation, my first thought is: I'm surprised to see a developer like Rebellion, with years and years of retail games behind them, with a long experience in the industry, among "indie" developers. Sheer surprise, really.

MilkyJoe

From Metro Games Central

They’ve hinted for years that they’d make more 2000 AD adaptations, but the obvious problem is that even Judge Dredd isn’t that well known outside of the UK.
But they seem to be hedging their bets by bringing in other developers to help, and Rogue Trooper Redux will be remastered by UK studio TickTock Games.
After that Rebellion are teasing that they’re allow other third party developers to make games based on 2000 AD characters, specifically mentioning Judge Dredd and Sláine

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/28/rogue...s4-xbox-one-and-switch-6477079/#ixzz4a4mTJUGc

For those that don't know, Sláine is...

1476145338554.jpg

Rogue Trooper wow! I haven't heard that name since I think like 2006 when the xbox game came out. I clicked this title not knowing what to expect

Should have announced this a few days ago as 2000AD just celebrated their 40th Anniversary! Anyway, this seems like a decent move. Never played the original but I recall it being pretty warmly received at the time. And bringing back Sniper Elite was one of the best decisions Rebellion ever made, so this could be successful for them too.

I've said i wanted another Slaine game in a thread a few days ago, Slainesbourne would be awesome or a Slaine Musou game would be fun fun fun and i still wouldn't think it too many!

I'm really hankering for a good Nemesis the Warlock game though or a Strontium Dog The Killing reworking. So many good IPs in 2000AD it's a shame only the UK realises it's greatness ;)

I'd also play the shit out of a fallout/mad max game based on a Judge taking The Long Walk. I'll be doing nothing at work today aside from daydreaming game designs for 2000AD characters :(

edit: Tel, the original is a rock solid 7/10 game that knows exactly what it is and what it wants to do.

Awesome can be an overly used word, but that's the first one that sprang to my mind when I saw this thread.

Absolutely loved the original on the Wii - thought it made a great use of the license. I also bought it on the PC and will definitely be buying a third time.

I remember seeing this game for Wii. Is any good?

I played the Xbox and the Wii version, both are very nice, but extremely easy imo. Especially the Wii version (because of the aiming of course). Really liked both versions. I replayed it a few years ago and I kind of have the impression there're more polygons in a single screenshot of new stuff like Horizon than in all of RT :) No idea how they can just "remaster" it.

Calabi

I've said i wanted another Slaine game in a thread a few days ago, Slainesbourne would be awesome or a Slaine Musou game would be fun fun fun and i still wouldn't think it too many!

I'm really hankering for a good Nemesis the Warlock game though or a Strontium Dog The Killing reworking. So many good IPs in 2000AD it's a shame only the UK realises it's greatness ;)

I'd also play the shit out of a fallout/mad max game based on a Judge taking The Long Walk. I'll be doing nothing at work today aside from daydreaming game designs for 2000AD characters :(

edit: Tel, the original is a rock solid 7/10 game that knows exactly what it is and what it wants to do.

Oh yes to Nemesis and all of these. Its good to see Rebellion letting go of their IP's a bit.

Raitaro

I remember this being fun on Wii.

I always wanted to try it but never did. It did make me look up the original comics though.

Quite an out-of-nowhere re-release, this, one that I welcome. Along with Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince, it is starting to make me hopeful we'll continue to see other lesser known games from that era be brought back like Metal Arms or Otogi.

VLiberty

I always wanted to try it but never did. It did make me look up the original comics though.

Quite an out-of-nowhere re-release, this, one that I welcome. Along with Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince, it is starting to make me hopeful we'll continue to see other lesser known games from that era be brought back like Metal Arms or Otogi.

CEL Damage HD and Legend of Kay Anniversary being a thing blew my mind as well.
I'd ay good money for a lot of PS2 platformers, in fact I've already bought Legend of Kay and Psychonauts on PS4 and I'll get Voodoo Vince as soon as I build a new PC.
Metal Arms was always on my radar because it reminded me of R&C, that would be very appreciated.

Top Bottom