• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hope Sora's KHIII gets updated to match his voice

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
From KHI to II it was legitimate cause Sora's model changed to reflect a slightly older teen.

After playing Dream Drop Distance, it just felt kinda off putting to hear his voice from such a young looking character.
In defense, I know its because his and Riku's consciousness flashbacked to their younger bodies but it still felt off regardless

So now that Haley is pretty "old" now, it would only make sense for Sora to look a little older as well to reflect this..only thing is he still kinda looks like a young teen.(albeit a little older) I think SE should make his clothes less whimsical (dude still has big ass clown shoes and MC Hammer shorts) to reflect him aging, it was a good idea to tone his hair down but his body type still seems prepubescent.

Hopefully the voice director works well with Haley to sell an aged Sora..but for me the voice doesn't sell me on the character and it just breaks immersion, it bothered me all throughout DDD

This is what he looks like for KHIII
latest

Betty

Banned
In DDD Riku and Sora take on their younger appearances from KH1 though, shouldn't be an issue in KH3

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
A good thing to note is that the Sora in KH3D is supposed to be a young version of himself, as that's how old he was when in those worlds (somehow)- supposedly, in KH3, which is in modern day, he'll be normal, which includes that decently rad outfit.

Source: Watching the teamfourstar streams of the game

It's clear that Haley was struggling a bit in DDD and 0.2 to sound like KH2 Sora. It'd be nice if they let him voice Sora similar to Vanitas. He was able to go a little deeper there it sounded pretty good.

The last thing they need to do is replace him. He's been in the series since the beginning and it would feel wrong for them to end this 15 year saga with the main character being voiced by someone else.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Just replace him.

Unless he can get better, Haley needs to go.

He was terrible in 2.8.

No need. Just get a better voice director to direct him and change his character model up. As terrible as his last performances were, it just wouldn't feel like Sora if it was anyone else voicing him without a legit reason (a evil doggelganger or something)

[QUOTE="D";238107585]No need. Just get a better voice director to direct him and change his character model up. As terrible as his last performances were, it just wouldn't feel like Sora if it was anyone else voicing him without a legit reason (a evil doggelganger or something)[/QUOTE]

I don't even think they would need to change the outfit, really. Just let him go a little deeper.

"D"

It's clear that Haley was struggling a bit in DDD and 0.2 to sound like KH2 Sora. It'd be nice if they let him voice Sora similar to Vanitas. He was able to go a little deeper there it sounded pretty good.

The last thing they need to do is replace him. He's been in the series since the beginning and it would feel wrong for them to end this 15 year saga with the main character being voiced by someone else.

I agree. Let Haley evolve the voice naturally like with Vanitas

I think Sora looks older in KH III than in KH II. Haley's voice definitely felt off in CoM remake and DDD, but I think will be fine in KH III.

JayEH

I think after KH3 if they keep going with Sora as the MC they'll need to change actors or make him older. He is struggling to keep the younger voice down but it would be weird to change now at the end of the saga. Personally I didn't think the voice was horrible in 0.2 though.

Meowster

They need to just let Haley use his natural voice now and age Sora a couple of years. They won't but I haven't liked his Sora in awhile now lol.

akumu

Sora did sound awful in 2.8 and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I feel like maybe they should change the voice actor altogether, but which known voice actor could replicate the KH2 voice?

Strings

Sora did sound awful in 2.8 and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I feel like maybe they should change the voice actor altogether, but which known voice actor could replicate the KH2 voice?
... Billy Zane? I just really, really want more of that man voicing Ansem.

I understand this has almost nothing to do with what you said, but uhm yeah. Something something Ansem is probably Sora anyway so they can justify it like that.

JayEH

I understand this has almost nothing to do with what you said, but uhm yeah. Something something Ansem is probably Sora anyway so they can justify it like that.

We don't deserve Billy Zane :(

He's been sorely missed.

The Argus

Haley was in my freshmen year at NYU. I smoked with him in his dorm a few days before he went back to LA for a DUI case. He was a pretty down to earth kid, unlike the chick who played Matilda who was also in our year.

I guess my point here is I'll never see him as the right voice of Sora.

pizzacat

Banned
Haley was in my freshmen year at NYU. I smoked with him in his dorm a few days before he went back to LA for a DUI case. He was a pretty down to earth kid, unlike the chick who played Matilda who was also in our year.

I guess my point here is I'll never see him as the right voice of Sora.

or maybe sora should get a bong blade

akumu

He was a great voice actor, agreed.
Plus, everyone in this series is either Sora or Xehanort, right? Like you're implying.

For god's sake, don't replace him. KH has had enough VA replacement and every replacement has been worse than the original. Ansem, Aerith, DiZ, Mickey, and Namine were all downgrades, some more than others.

Master Xehanort is going to need a new one too, ugh.

Too fucking right.

Ray Down

Banned
For god's sake, don't replace him. KH has had enough VA replacement and every replacement has been worse than the original. Ansem, Aerith, DiZ, Mickey, and Namine were all downgrades, some more than others.

Master Xehanort is going to need a new one too, ugh.

If he keeps doing a shit voice, he needs to go.

Since Sora is everyone, HJO should start voicing all the FF characters to, and then lore-wise he becomes and voices everyone in every single Final Fantasy game and Disney movie

I say keep him for 3. Let him finish the Dark Seeker saga. He's been in practically all of them since the first one. Yeah his voice range doesn't fit as well as it used to but I want to keep him for 3.

Now with the next saga after 3, then they can replace him. It'll be a new story so a new voice for Sora would be fine by me.

NateDog

I'd say a fair bit of this is down to directing, as mentioned above we've seen a lot of poor performances and bad VA casting throughout KH. I'm hopeful his voice will suit KHIII Sora and when I look at the Sora from the trailer (where we see him picking up
Eraqus' / Aqua's
keyblade I think he will, but it does look like they're heading with a slightly different look now with that being from a few years ago.

But replacing Haley is crazy after all this time.

Top Bottom