• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Getting a bit tired of playing Lucio like I knew it would happen after so many games in a row with him, gonna get off support for a bit in the next games.
giphy.gif

More Lucios is always good :)

He's such a beast now, really love the changes blizz made with him and hog (a while back), two of my most played characters got so much more enjoyable to play, what a bliss.

Banzai

I just had the worst match since I started playing.

2-stack picks Rein and Road, I pick Lucio. Someone else picks Zenyatta after we've already left spawn, so we're low on healing.
First fight, our Rein charges so far ahead he's in front of the enemy spawn and obviously gets picked off. Immediately the 2-stack starts yelling in voice chat, russian swear words and all. And I mean yelling LOUD. "retard team", "so bad", the usual things.
The Zen fires back and yells in russian too. Says he's done healing (after the 2 minutes as Zen) and switches to Hanzo. The other DPS give up too and pick Junkrat and Torb, Rein switches to Mccree, Roadhog switches to Rein. He continues his friends strategy of charging into all enemies by himself.
At his point the yelling is way too much so I leave the voice chat and switch to Mercy, desperately trying to dish out enough healing for all the diving dps.

Every single fight the Rein opens by charging in, either getting destroyed immediately or charging into a hole. Every time the 2-stack insults everyone in text chat. Junkrat keeps catapulting himself into holes or the enemy team. I'm fairly sure the Hanzo wasn't even aiming at the enemy. When I quickly check into the voice chat again, the yelling is still going on. It seriously sounded like people were screaming their souls out.

Of course we lost 0-3. I have never had a more miserable round of Overwatch and I absolutely hate how my enjoyment of this game hinges so much on the sanity of random people on the internet. I love the game itself, I really do. But I fucking hate people.

And i don't give a damn who I offend anymore: Playing on EU, 4/5 times it's russians that are needlessly aggressive in both text and voice chat and wouldn't switch to a character that would benefit the team if their life depended on it. I have a friend who speaks russian and I can pretty much understand all they're saying just because he used to teach me swear words in russian. Call it confirmation bias or whatever but at this point I almost lose hope the first time I hear an eastern european accent on voice chat. That's what this game is doing to me, making me hate entire groups of people.

Fuck I'm mad.

I just had the worst match since I started playing.

2-stack picks Rein and Road, I pick Lucio. Someone else picks Zenyatta after we've already left spawn, so we're low on healing.
First fight, our Rein charges so far ahead he's in front of the enemy spawn and obviously gets picked off. Immediately the 2-stack starts yelling in voice chat, russian swear words and all. And I mean yelling LOUD. "retard team", "so bad", the usual things.
The Zen fires back and yells in russian too. Says he's done healing (after the 2 minutes as Zen) and switches to Hanzo. The other DPS give up too and pick Junkrat and Torb, Rein switches to Mccree, Roadhog switches to Rein. He continues his friends strategy of charging into all enemies by himself.
At his point the yelling is way too much so I leave the voice chat and switch to Mercy, desperately trying to dish out enough healing for all the diving dps.

Every single fight the Rein opens by charging in, either getting destroyed immediately or charging into a hole. Every time the 2-stack insults everyone in text chat. Junkrat keeps catapulting himself into holes or the enemy team. I'm fairly sure the Hanzo wasn't even aiming at the enemy. When I quickly check into the voice chat again, the yelling is still going on. It seriously sounded like people were screaming their souls out.

Of course we lost 0-3. I have never had a more miserable round of Overwatch and I absolutely hate how my enjoyment of this game hinges so much on the sanity of random people on the internet. I love the game itself, I really do. But I fucking hate people.

And i don't give a damn who I offend anymore: Playing on EU, 4/5 times it's russians that are needlessly aggressive in both text and voice chat and wouldn't switch to a character that would benefit the team if their life depended on it. I have a friend who speaks russian and I can pretty much understand all they're saying just because he used to teach me swear words in russian. Call it confirmation bias or whatever but at this point I almost lose hope the first time I hear an eastern european accent on voice chat. That's what this game is doing to me, making me hate entire groups of people.

Fuck I'm mad.

Aaar you pljayink on Pjee es fjour? Add mje, if you wont. I jam njot rjussian. Prjomise.(New to game, gold league, getting better)

Cappa

Banned
More Lucios is always good :)

He's such a beast now, really love the changes blizz made with him and hog (a while back), two of my most played characters got so much more enjoyable to play, what a bliss.
I don't have any problems playing the Same hero all the time. I mean I have a shit ton of hours on mei lol

So if you guys ever get tired of someone or just need someone to main a certain hero all the time I have no issues with that.

KuroNeeko

What do you guys do when you solo queue? Do you usually lock down your favorite dude and hope everyone fills just bases their picks on creating a balanced comp or do you wait until everyone else has picked and then fill in whatever is missing?

I play non-standard heroes like Mei and Sombra, but it never feels good picking them. If I choose first, then it's like, "I'M PLAYING MEI! DEAL WITH IT!". If I don't choose first, then I never get to play with them. lol

edit: Actually goes like something like, I choose Sombra / Mei and the next picks are Hanzo, Widowmaker, Junkrat, and Tornbjorn / Tracer. Then I have to choose to switch to Support or play (off) tank with D. Va.

What do you guys do when you solo queue? Do you usually lock down your favorite dude and hope everyone fills just bases their picks on creating a balanced comp or do you wait until everyone else has picked and then fill in whatever is missing?

I play non-standard heroes like Mei and Sombra, but it never feels good picking them. If I choose first, then it's like, "I'M PLAYING MEI! DEAL WITH IT!". If I don't choose first, then I never get to play with them. lol

In my experience (from the around week I have had OW, lol) it's better I pick a character I am at my best with (in my case, D Va) and not try to fill in by choosing character I don't know how to play properly. Seems to lead to a better win percentace that way. YMMW ofc.

Edit. Except that one time when I got into a real nice group that didn't have a healer so I picked Mercy and we went into a winning streak (of two games, until the group disbanded)

Yager

Banned
Lost 2 but won 2 finally hit diamond for the first time.
http://i.imgur.com/ueYi46L.jpg[IMG]

Out of one hell into another.
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c7df88b223aebbb9d709aaa35f5873e4/tumblr_inline_nrln78jUAP1tobj41_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't worry you'll be back to plat SR in a couple of games.

Uprising has reminded me that the majority of the people who play video games have no idea what they're doing.

Pretty much know it's an insta wipe if someone picks one of the first like 10 characters, or loses half their health within the first 30 seconds.

Uprising has reminded me that the majority of the people who play video games have no idea what they're doing.

Pretty much know it's an insta wipe if someone picks one of the first like 10 characters, or loses half their health within the first 30 seconds.

I know people have been clamoring for a PVE mode or story mode, but man I was done with the Uprising mode after playing it twice. I've never really been a fan of horde modes in any game, though, so it could just be that.

LiK

I know people have been clamoring for a PVE mode or story mode, but man I was done with the Uprising mode after playing it twice. I've never really been a fan of horde modes in any game, though, so it could just be that.

It's pretty light. They need to do a more substantial Raid-like mission with actual puzzles and bosses. It's a good first step.

_Legacy_

Yeah, I've been trying to solo queue the expert mode and just leave when I see silly picks. Seen people pick McCree, Hanzo and silly heroes who won't last 5 seconds when it gets crowded. I just leave and search for another session. Think the only way I'm going to get the expert and legendary is with friends.

It's pretty light. They need to do a more substantial Raid-like mission with actual puzzles and bosses. It's a good first step.

Overwatch meets Destiny?

ZvxQ5W5.gif

I'd like a mode that really goes into its MOBA side: XP and upgradeable skills. Had they just implemented that into this PvE, kinda like those Hero Defense games in Warcraft custom games, this mode would have been light years better.

True. I think part of it also is they're just repurposing multiplayer maps into PVE maps right now. So Uprising especially to me just feels like a variant on the normal playing against AI on Kings Row. New maps designed with PVE in mind would perk my interest - especially if they're designed to take abilities into account.

I'd like a mode that really goes into its MOBA side: XP and upgradeable skills. Had they just implemented that into this PvE, kinda like those Hero Defense games in Warcraft custom games, this mode would have been light years better.

That would be cool too. Like you get EXP and can shorten cooldowns, or get extra blinks as Tracer, etc. That would definitely add variety to the mode which it sorely needs.

_Legacy_

Played two solo queue games earlier today, won both.

Pharah is too good on Eichenwalde. I snuck around map and hid near point A. Defence got a few picks so I waited for my team to respawn, I kill the Sym and Junkrat and my team push through, I barely play Pharah but she's almost a must-pick on map for attack teams. It helped having a Winston as well.

Yager

Banned
Played two solo queue games earlier today, won both.

Pharah is too good on Eichenwalde. I snuck around map and hid near point A. Defence got a few picks so I waited for my team to respawn, I kill the Sym and Junkrat and my team push through, I barely play Pharah but she's almost a must-pick on map for attack teams. It helped having a Winston as well.

We have to play one day man. 99% of the time I'm online I'm playing with people, if you don't mind joining a team of spaniards I'll invite you one of these days (or if I see you online and I'm in solo q).

I actually really enjoy it. Overwatch took me by surprise last year and I've had mostly good experiences with it, but I can only play about 5 full games in one sitting before I get bored. I just find it extremely repetitive and the wait times on PS4 certainly don't help with keeping my interest.

But then along comes Uprising and now I can't put it down. I've been grinding the hell out of expert difficulty and even though I wipe most of the time, I still find it fun. And yea, it's pretty repetitive as well, but something about it keeps me coming back. I was a big fan of Extinction in CoD Ghosts too and this is very similar.

It's just too bad that half the roster is useless on higher difficulties. As soon as I see a Reaper, Pharah, Ana, McCree or Sombra up on the board, I just drop out. I had one game wipe because Junkrat launched himself on top of the map and nobody could get to him to heal him. Even Reinhardts now seem to like throwing themselves into the fray and dying in bad spots. Most of the roster is just a liability, especially if you're playing a healer who has to leave your safe spot to go bandage them.

It's a good step for PvE content, but I'll probably get bored of it pretty soon. It seems like I'm matching more and more Genjis and I'm running out of face to palm

Yeah, I've been trying to solo queue the expert mode and just leave when I see silly picks. Seen people pick McCree, Hanzo and silly heroes who won't last 5 seconds when it gets crowded. I just leave and search for another session. Think the only way I'm going to get the expert and legendary is with friends.

I've beaten expert a handful of times with randoms. The best team comp in my experience (and apparently the PS4 leaderboards reflect this) are Bastion, Orisa, Mercy and either Torb, Reinhardt or Zenyatta. There are some wild cards, but I feel like most of the rest are liabilities. The last time I checked, Dva wasn't even on the board until 130.

I'll team up if anyone on PS4 wants to give legendary a go. I seem to see more stupid picks on that difficulty than expert, so I doubt I'm ever going to beat it solo.

_Legacy_

We have to play one day man. 99% of the time I'm online I'm playing with people, if you don't mind joining a team of spaniards I'll invite you one of these days (or if I see you online and I'm in solo q).

Yeah cool, no probs to me at all. I sometimes play with a bunch of French dudes, so I'd be used to it! I see you made diamond, I'm really determined to get there this season.

Cappa

Banned
I actually really enjoy it. Overwatch took me by surprise last year and I've had mostly good experiences with it, but I can only play about 5 full games in one sitting before I get bored. I just find it extremely repetitive and the wait times on PS4 certainly don't help with keeping my interest.

But then along comes Uprising and now I can't put it down. I've been grinding the hell out of expert difficulty and even though I wipe most of the time, I still find it fun. And yea, it's pretty repetitive as well, but something about it keeps me coming back. I was a big fan of Extinction in CoD Ghosts too and this is very similar.

It's just too bad that half the roster is useless on higher difficulties. As soon as I see a Reaper, Pharah, Ana, McCree or Sombra up on the board, I just drop out. I had one game wipe because Junkrat launched himself on top of the map and nobody could get to him to heal him. Even Reinhardts now seem to like throwing themselves into the fray and dying in bad spots. Most of the roster is just a liability, especially if you're playing a healer who has to leave your safe spot to go bandage them.

It's a good step for PvE content, but I'll probably get bored of it pretty soon. It seems like I'm matching more and more Genjis and I'm running out of face to palm

I've beaten expert a handful of times with randoms. The best team comp in my experience (and apparently the PS4 leaderboards reflect this) are Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta and Mercy. There are some wild cards, but I feel like most of the rest are liabilities. The last time I checked, Dva wasn't even on the board until 130.

I'll team up if anyone on PS4 wants to give legendary a go. I seem to see more stupid picks on that difficulty than expert, so I doubt I'm ever going to beat it solo.

The issue with the pve is that everything spawns in the same spot every single time. The predictability of it all not only makes it incredibly easy but incredibly boring.

I enjoy them doing things like that for sure and I hope they do more but after playing it twice its boring.
I live in spain lol but I always group up with US PS4 GAF. (my parents are from Spain, I was born in the US but now living in spain for about 3 years)

How come I don't have you on my friends list???

The issue with the pve is that everything spawns in the same spot every single time. The predictability of it all not only makes it incredibly easy but incredibly boring.

I enjoy them doing things like that for sure and I hope they do more but after playing it twice its boring.

That's fair. i don't mind the predictability - extinction was pretty much the same way - but the fact that there is a "meta" temp comp is a bigger problem. I've started playing Zenyatta more now just because it's different.

Yager

Banned

I live in spain lol but I always group up with US PS4 GAF. (my parents are from Spain, I was born in the US but now living in spain for about 3 years)

How come I don't have you on my friends list???

Well I play on Xbox, I guess that's why :p

Yeah cool, no probs to me at all. I sometimes play with a bunch of French dudes, so I'd be used to it! I see you made diamond, I'm really determined to get there this season.

Nice, next time there's a free spot and I see you around I'll send you and inv.

Yager

Banned
Lol yeah I noticed after I had posted.

you are the only Spanish person I know who owns an Xbox everyone owns ps4 here. I have the Xbox one but never use it.

post-29513-there-are-dozens-like-us-gif-I-NYgW.gif

90% of my friends got an Xbox. We've been playing together since CoD 2 on the 360, I guess that's why, because Spain is Sonyland.

Jellie

Gained 20SR for a hard fought win.

Lost 24SR for a hard fought loss.

Fix or explain your shitty SR algorithm Blizzard.

Could be several different reasons.
Your SR is probably higher than your hidden MMR. Game tries to put you where your hidden mmr is so if you are above it you gain less and lose more and if you are below you'll gain more and lose less.

Or you played worse on the hero than the average person at your rank does.

Or you were the underdogs and lost or heavy favourites when you won.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Right???

It's blows my mind, I think we got spoiled by Destiny?

komaruR

I liked Junkenstain revenge better. it got the nice villian/boss intro and the constant stream of bots that you really can non stop practice your aim at. the uprising have a slower bot spawn and no boss intro. no flare no glare!

Top Bottom