• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-TGS Japanese rumor checklist - DQ10 = MMO-like? (And other fun stuff!)

Yeah, some of that was speculation, some was stuff I had heard after Aeana told me the rumors.

I just thought it strange because it jived with the rumor list, but I don't have listening devices in Horii's car or anything.

GeekyDad

Boney said:
I'm hype.. except for DQX MMO

FFXIV hath tainted the pure of heart. It's a hard rumor to swallow, though. I can't imagine SE have the moxie to try and sell this to the Japanese gaming audience. They'll run their asses out on a rail.

androvsky

Billychu said:
Let's pretend for a moment that I currently have a very small amount of disposable income and this amount will not grow until December when I have a job again. Is it really worth buying the game again?
I platinumed Bayonetta on the PS3 (and I'm not all that great at action games), it's perfectly playable even if the 360 version looks a lot better. It's been mentioned that the crazy skilled Japanese players mostly use the PS3 version, so you might as well just play the game you have.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Jinfash said:
I don't think anyone is going to have a meltdown over that, maybe if it was a full blown sequel, but an expansion of an already exclusive Wii game?
Well that would depend on how much new content and shit there is, and there should be a ton. Portable 3rd isn't exactly far from being 3G itself in concept if they didn't have to exclude elements like the underwater fights due to the PSP limitations and didn't - for some - fail on the execution... A real 3G with all new content would be much more important than a PS3/Vita Portable 3rd version, there would be meltdowns, as Nintendo would get a previous Sony handheld behemoth if it happened.

Jinfash said:
I don't think anyone is going to have a meltdown over that, maybe if it was a full blown sequel, but an expansion of an already exclusive Wii game?
3DS getting a semi-new game with significant exclusive content, while the technically superior, dual-analog platform gets a straight port of a game that's already playable on it?

It wouldn't be the biggest betrayalton in GAF history, but yeah, there'd be a few meltdowns.

JudgeN

Aeana said:
Don't you have to do that even when the camera is on the right stick?

Your right now that Ive picked up my Wii CC, I do sometimes claw my right pointer finger depending on what fighting though.

Emitan

androvsky said:
I platinumed Bayonetta on the PS3 (and I'm not all that great at action games), it's perfectly playable even if the 360 version looks a lot better. It's been mentioned that the crazy skilled Japanese players mostly use the PS3 version, so you might as well just play the game you have.
I'll probably be fine. Everyone kept saying the PS3 version of RDR was a horrible piece of shit and I had no problems with it. I have no idea why I keep buying the PS3 versions of games. It's weird.

GeekyDad

Father_Brain said:
3DS getting a semi-new game with significant exclusive content, while the technically superior, dual-analog platform gets a straight port of a game that's already playable on it?

It wouldn't be the biggest betrayalton in GAF history, but yeah, there'd be a few meltdowns.

And there it is...

Billychu said:
Let's pretend for a moment that I currently have a very small amount of disposable income and this amount will not grow until December when I have a job again. Is it really worth buying the game again?

Under those circumstances, no.

Macstorm

Sammy Samusu said:
What about Shining 4 for the 3DS, developed by Camelot? Have you guys heard about that?
Isn't that kind of heart breaking joke banned here? It should be, as I'd kill to see that happen.

rpmurphy

Andrex said:
And also, gyro aiming. Gyro aiming seems to work wonderfully for the games that use it.
Is there a 3DS game yet that uses the gyro to control the camera but not while just in first-person view?

Father_Brain said:

I think most potential meltdowns will be mitigated by the forewarning. If prople had a credible rumor that DQIX was going DS or MH3 was going Wii beforehand, the impact of those moves would've been lessened.

Fou-Lu

Macstorm said:
Isn't that kind of heart breaking joke banned here? It should be, as I'd kill to see that happen.

You and me both. So uh... let's not kill each other or neither of us will live to see it. :p

Andrex said:
And also, gyro aiming. Gyro aiming seems to work wonderfully for the games that use it.
And buttons.

You could use the touch-screen to manage your items, you want to heal, click on the Mega Potion icon.

Set new icons, speed combos... OMG! My body is not ready for this jelly.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Father_Brain said:

I'm not discounting the amount of content it will probably pack, just that it's a follow up to a Wii-exclusive game. The platform jump is somewhat understandable decision, rather than a full blown betrayalton.

The Vita's offering will definitely pale in comparison, but understandably so, considering how easy it is to scale the PS3 game just in time to make the Japanese launch.

I guess my point is, if you have any sense of how the industry works, and process this news instead of succumbing to a knee jerk reaction, you'll get why both make so much sense.

vareon

If by "MMO-like" they mean "open world with visible enemies and seamless battle transition" then I can die a happy man.

Boney

Banned
I'm happy I'll get to meet the usuals this time next year if the rumor is true.

GeekyDad said:
FFIV hath tainted the pure of heart. It's a hard rumor to swallow, though. I can't imagine SE have the moxie to try and sell this to the Japanese gaming audience. They'll run their asses out on a rail.
XIV?

SharkJAW

Sammy Samusu said:
And buttons.

You could use the touch-screen to manage your items, you want to heal, click on the Mega Potion icon.

Set new icons, speed combos... OMG! My body is not ready for this jelly.

Are you referring to the DS combo or for every weapon, because pressing one button for a combo defeats the purpose of it being a combo, if you ask me.

Anyway, I'd be pretty excited to get Tri G on my 3DS, but I get the vibe that I'll always have that nagging feeling that I'd prefer to play it with dual analogs on the Vita.

Boney

Banned
CinnabonJovii said:
Are you referring to the DS combo or for every weapon, because pressing one button for a combo defeats the purpose of it being a combo, if you ask me.

Anyway, I'd be pretty excited to get Tri G on my 3DS, but I get the vibe that I'll always have that nagging feeling that I'd prefer to play it with dual analogs on the Vita.
He means item mixing.

Jinfash said:
I'm not discounting the amount of content it will probably pack, just that it's a follow up to a Wii game. It's a somewhat understandable decision, rather than a full blown betrayalton.

The Vita's offering will definitely pale in comparison obviously, but understandably so, considering it will scale from the PS3 with ease and just in time for the Japanese launch.

I guess my point is, if you have any sense of how the industry works, and process this news instead of succumbing to a knee jerk reaction, you'll get why both make so much sense.
Yeah, this doesn't strike me as a megaton-worthy announcement at all. We'll have to wait for MH4 for that, since there's no way Capcom is going to split the userbase for the true sequel. Whatever platform, the game will finally be getting a long overdue graphical overhaul.

Luigi87

*stares at copy of 4 Heroes of Light*
Soon I'll play you... I just need to beat either FF6 or 9 (both of which I've started) first...

Monster Hunter 3rd HD, do you guys think this is the same thing as PSP remaster program. perhaps Vita version is also part of the program.

this would be one way for S-E games like type 0 and dissidia to make it's way to Vita, as psp remastered series, with upgraded textures, higher res, and proper dual analog control, and available for PS3 and Vita with cross save compatibility.

CinnabonJovii said:
No, I'm referring to combining items.

I have died multiple times fighting Alatreon because I had the fucking menu all over my screen, lol.

Macstorm said:
I don't know if the source to that rumor is reliable, that's why I'm asking, lol.

Callibretto said:
Monster Hunter 3rd HD, do you guys think this is the same thing as PSP remaster program. perhaps Vita version is also part of the program.

this would be one way for S-E games like type 0 and dissidia to make it's way to Vita, as psp remastered series, with upgraded textures, higher res, and proper dual analog control, and available for PS3 and Vita with cross save compatibility.

It's the port of the PSP game that got HD textures for the PS3.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
AceBandage said:
It's the port of the PSP game that got *some* HD textures for the PS3.
Fixed, loads of the content looks pretty horrible still. At least so far, maybe those new bloom options and such cover some of it up, like it did on Wii.

Jinfash said:
I'm not discounting the amount of content it will probably pack, just that it's a follow up to a Wii-exclusive game. The platform jump is somewhat understandable decision, rather than a full blown betrayalton.

The Vita's offering will definitely pale in comparison, but understandably so, considering how easy it is to scale the PS3 game just in time to make the Japanese launch.

As long as both come to America i wont give a fuck about any of this.

Jinfash said:

As I see it, putting the "console" MH series on a handheld would by definition blur the lines between MH and MHP. As such, I think it would send a message to one extent or another about where Capcom is investing in the future of the MHP series.

As to whether their announcements in 2012 or 2013 will be consistent with that message, I obviously have no idea.

Macstorm

Sammy Samusu said:
I don't know if the source to that rumor is reliable, that's why I'm asking, lol.
Would love for it to be, but if it was true a couple of conditions would have to be met. Camelot would have to be working with Sega again to get the Shining IP, but since it would be on a Nintendo system, maybe they'd really do that. Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up... but would be in love if it happened.

GeekyDad

Boney said:

Fixed. Going on about four hours sleep here.

But the rumor is "MMO-like," so I wouldn't worry too much either way. For that matter, DQIX had MMO-like elements. If they can offer similar co-op that's online, I'll be thrilled. A party of four traversing the world of DQX would be a blast, I'm sure.

KAL2006

Banned
I personally think this is all gojng to turn out true remember the old rumor nintendo are working on a mmo maybe they are funding dqx

KAL2006

Banned
GeekyDad said:
Fixed. Going on about four hours sleep here.

But the rumor is "MMO-like," so I wouldn't worry too much either way. For that matter, DQIX had MMO-like elements. If they can offer similar co-op that's online, I'll be thrilled. A party of four traversing the world of DQX would be a blast, I'm sure.
Damn if they released something like that with online play i would be fucking hyped

Jonnyram

Of course, a lot has happened to the roadmap of the 3DS since those rumours surfaced, even if they were true at the time.

Sennorin

Banned
I have no doubt that DQX *won´t* be an MMORPG. It also won´t be too different in general. Remember, when DQ9 got announced, SE tried to introduce an awesome real-time combat system, but changed it back due to fans whining about it. What I´d expect is something like Demon´s Soul or the local multiplayer in DQ9, where other players can join another player´s game and then do some stuff together. That´s not MMO, though.

As for MH3G for 3DS; would be awesome, but only if that crappy rumor about a new 3DS with second analog stick doesn´t turn out true. Would leave me extremely bitter, if Nintendo released a new 3DS-version that made such a crass difference in comfort and playability. Stay with the current 3DS-model and I´d be hyped about a MH-game.

Alrus said:
The game better have Gobul! Best monster ever.

Wow, how can a single person be that wrong! :D

I'm curious: where did those rumors, for instance, the 4HoL 2 one, come from?

Also, I hope DQ10 isn't going MMO-like in the premium sense.

Top Bottom