• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Miroku129

20161004_183339.jpg

best tshirt I have bought in a while. who got the reference ?

Step Brothers, fuck yeah!!!

Mikeside

I don't usually post in these, but couldn't resist showing off my September pickups...

Two rescue kitties!

This is Arya

and her sister (who we thought was a brother) Oppie (or Oppenheimer)

I've always been a dog person, but we just don't have the room for one. Luckily I love cats too. These little ladies are keeping me on my toes, but they're slowly getting confident with me, my partner and our home

crimilde

Banned
I don't usually post in these, but couldn't resist showing off my September pickups...

Two rescue kitties!

This is Arya

I've always been a dog person, but we just don't have the room for one. Luckily I love cats too. These little ladies are keeping me on my toes, but they're slowly getting confident with me, my partner and our home

They are both adorable! Congrats <3

Mikeside

They look adorable until you see them heading for the litter tray.

Nah, they're pretty awesome. It's great seeing their personalities develop so quickly. They're only 11 weeks old so everything it so new to them. I'm becoming a real cat-bore, though. I think they're 90% of what I talk about since I got them (the other 10% being PSVR coming so soon!)

sublimit

Banned

Two rescue kitties!

This is Arya

I LOVE cats even though i never really had one myself! Congrats and please treat them well! :)

crimilde

Banned
They look adorable until you see them heading for the litter tray.

Nah, they're pretty awesome. It's great seeing their personalities develop so quickly. They're only 11 weeks old so everything it so new to them. I'm becoming a real cat-bore, though. I think they're 90% of what I talk about since I got them (the other 10% being PSVR coming so soon!)

I've got 3 of my own, yeah, the litter becomes exponentially worse to handle. ^^

I get it, whenever I talk with my cat-owning friends we're like doting parents bragging and showing our cats off in pics. They always manage to do something cute and you feel the need to share lol.

Mikeside

I LOVE cats even though i never really had one myself! Congrats and please treat them well! :)

don't worry there - they're getting spoilt. Expensive wet and dry food, luxury litter, all the toys and boxes all over our house for them to play with.

I just wish they'd sleep in the bed we bought them!

Got a Vita starter pack with a memory card and what I thought was a case:

vitastart.jpg

The "case" is more of a thin pouch, though...still, at least it's not just sitting out in the open on my shelf and has something to protect it from dust and random scratches.

New002

How are you enjoying the TV so far?

Loving it so far. OLED is really outstanding. I don't have a 4k player yet, but I've got various LG and Panasonic demo videos on a USB that can show off the 4k + HDR. I'm excited to really put it all to the test when my Xbox One S arrives. Ordered The Revenant 4k BluRay on sale since I heard it's a good reference disc. My only concern is going to be input lag with HDR content, but I knew going in that would be less than ideal.

Whatcha playin?

Forza Horizon 3

BumRush

Loving it so far. OLED is really outstanding. I don't have a 4k player yet, but I've got various LG and Panasonic demo videos on a USB that can show off the 4k + HDR. I'm excited to really put it all to the test when my Xbox One S arrives. Ordered The Revenant 4k BluRay on sale since I heard it's a good reference disc. My only concern is going to be input lag with HDR content, but I knew going in that would be less than ideal.

Cool! I'm waiting until CES to see if the 2017s are much improved but I'm pulling the trigger on one soon! Can't wait.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Excellent choice! I am planning on picking up the 65" model in November.

Please let me know how the input lag is treating you.

i played FFXIV in 1440p on it (my pc cant handle 4k it seems xD) And it was pretty good, it has a gamemode, i didnt notice any gamebreaking input lag or anything. IQ is amazing, even at 1440p.

AmyS

On impulse, I picked up a Samsung 6300KU 50" set (gotta have something for PS4 Pro) and also Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1 for PS2.

Yeah, I'm also looking to pick up Vol 2 (has the three Real Bout: FF games).

Justinh

Got me some junk!

Astro TR mixamp for Xbox One. So far, I'm loving this thing. Since I got it, I've probably watched Fury Road with it 5 or 6 times (I had only seen it once before, in parts too, back when I bought it/the movie). I was using the Phillips SHP9500 headphones and thought it sounded great. I'm actually not even sure if I have it hooked up properly. I think I do, but the microphone will not work with Cortana (*with a Vmoda mic attached. I turned the Cortana setting on just to test it, then turned it off again ). Whatever, the sounds sound good, so I'll just stop worrying. (edit: messed around with it again. I didn't have it "assigned" to me)

Got this today. Already, just the beginning part of Fury Road sounds better. It sounds like it "roars" more with the engines and they handle the bass better. Got them "Like New" from amazon, which made me nervous but they're in good condition. "Like new" seems accurate, and I got a set without the glued on earcups.

I bought Forza Horizon 3 digitally when Target had them for 20 bones, but I wanted the Ultimate Edition, too. I wish they released FH 2 with a steel book now. That game is the odd one out. I still don't even have a physical copy of that game, and I bet I would've if they offered a Limited Collectors' Edition with a steel book like they did with the first. Ghost Dog might've been a drunk purchase, I'm not sure. I do know that I wanted to watch it again and don't have my old copy, so eh... It's a great movie IMO, and the soundtrack is great. I bought Gears 4 digitally yesterday, but just the standard version edit: nope... Just got refunded and bought the ultimate edition. I wanna play this weekend. Forza Horizon 3 had me go out and buy a Chvrches album on Groove too. I haven't bought music in so long, so that was weird (aside from the soundtracks to Killer Instinct and Wolfenstein: The New Order). I tend to just listen to old stuff, not that I've been stealing music.

Very nice indeed!

I've got a New 3DS in white with the Pokémon Sapphire/Ruby clear plates and it looks grand but I'm wondering if I should sell it on and grab either a white New 3DS XL or the Sun/Moon limited edition... Hm

bryanee

The new 3DS XL feels better to hold than the older model and bloody hell the new 3D works a fookin treat, no longer need to keep perfectly still while using it.

Been a poor few weeks for me, not found anything on my lunchtime charity shops excursions (though I did find the 360 version of GTA V for £2.00 that I forgot to photo) but today was a good day:

14591868_1483798974980176_8471237891408157667_n.jpg

14601070_1483798978313509_8261158139126775759_n.jpg

I LOVED these books so much when I was younger. Talking mice taking on an demonic cat.

my friend told me about the toy story shoes and i told him that sounds stupid. then i actually saw pics and i thought "man, i'm stupid."

nice kicks :eek:

Thanks dude! Yeah, I wasn't sure how they'd turn out either until I saw the pics earlier this week. I knew I had to have them.

And funny enough, I managed to cop the pair kicks I originally was going to forego in favor of the Vans just now at Niketown. Was also on sale as they were doing a promo and they too were the display model:

"Shoe Box" Dunk SBs

6CDEAF55-1F90-431B-8247-60980D596B52_zpsvm1y4ka5.jpg

Inside:
0E0A486E-336B-47B9-ADB2-6DEA7180E967_zpsk7dilz59.jpg

inner-G

Banned
Picked up a Samsung UN65KU6290 and a 4K UHD player that came with the Halo collection late last month (had to get a replacement TV delivered this week, so I guess it's technically an Oct pickup!)

qby6Ekv.jpg

Got some discs for it too. (Plus Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate on digital for bonus PC version)
sq27Wiq.jpg

And since it's Croptober, picked up some mason jars and 62% boveda packs
XPAZ2N0.jpg

zedge

Picked up a Samsung UN65KU6290 and a 4K UHD player that came with the Halo collection

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/qby6Ekv.jpg[/IMG]

Got some discs for it too. (Plus Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate on digital for bonus PC version)
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/sq27Wiq.jpg[/IMG]

Also got a 256gb silver/white 7 plus, can't take a pic of it since I'm using it... maybe iPhone 8 will let you do that.

Nice! I recently picked up the 55 inch 6290. This is apparently a bestbuy exclusive model and basically the same as the KU6300 minus bluetooth and the smart remote.

If your looking for calibration info or suggestions check here.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300/settings

Really pleased with the set. Looking forward to trying Gears 4 in HDR on Monday.

inner-G

Banned
Nice! I recently picked up the 55 inch 6290. This is apparently a bestbuy exclusive model and basically the same as the KU6300 minus bluetooth and the smart remote.

If your looking for calibration info or suggestions check here.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300/settings

Really pleased with the set. Looking forward to trying Gears 4 in HDR on Monday.
I'm really happy with it, especially for the price. (Had some weird spots in the first panel but they switched it out no problem.) Other new sets do better for motion at 24p, but this is way better than my old set. It rocks at 30/60hz for games, and the input lag is super low for a 4K set it's size.

If you haven't played an HDR game yet, try putting your dynamic contrast to 'high' when you do. It helped me keep Forza from looking washed out

zedge

I'm really happy with it, especially for the price. (Had some weird spots in the first panel but they switched it out no problem.) Other new sets do better for motion at 24p, but this is way better than my old set. It rocks at 30/60hz for games, and the input lag is super low for a 4K set it's size.

If you haven't played an HDR game yet, try putting your dynamic contrast to 'high' when you do. It helped me keep Forza from looking washed out

Awesome, will do. Thanks. :)

My October is starting off pretty strong. Picked up some retro gaming stuff as well as some new tech. On to the pics!

Found these old, vintage Pac-Man place-mats at a local Goodwill. Had to have them.
Image2.jpg~original

20161005_164630.jpg~original

Couple 3DS games - River City Tokyo Rumble and Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
20160928_163259.jpg~original

20161004_162813.jpg~original

Retro City Rampage DX for the PS4
Image1.jpg~original

X-Men Apocalypse (which was better than I was expecting)
Image3.jpg~original

Grabbed a SteamLunk since GameStop has them on sale right now
Image4.jpg~original

Paper Mario Color Splash and Shadows of Mordor (Xbox One) - grabbed Shadows since it was on clearance at Target
20161007_234315.jpg~original

And finally (so far) - walked in to my local Wal-Mart tonight to kill some time, was not expecting to walk out with a small cart full of Hot Wheel toys
mario%201.jpg~original

20161007_204257.jpg~original

20161007_204321.jpg~original

And there's these
20161007_204434.jpg~original

20161007_204444.jpg~original

20161007_204500.jpg~original

Looks like I'm just missing Peach from this set, will try to hunt her down this weekend. So yea, all in all, pretty good start to the month.

Top Bottom