• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

Rellik

Despite the disgusting 30fps lock, I can't refund it now so I guess I'll be jumping in to this in a few hours. Pre loaded on a Steam and ready for the unlock.

Briarios

I can't wait ... has there been any confirmation of a PS4 Pro mode? I remember seeing an image with it, but someone said it wasn't official.

dreamfall

Absolutely stunning OT.

Most hyped for a game since Red Dead Redemption.

But the 30fps lock on PC has me sullen - please don't be true!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to play this. I haven't seen the storytelling method the trailers have showed in any other game that I've played.

I'm gonna give this to my brother for his birthday, hope he likes it.

dedhead54

I am super pumped for this! My preorder will arrive tomorrow while I'm at work but as soon as 10pm hits I'm out and I'll stay up way too late playing. Im as excited about the soundtrack as I am anything else.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Any word on performance? Specifically on ps4.
I'm getting kinds hyped but tend to get weirded out about taking chances on release day with games this gen.

Ricitor

Hot damn does this OT Sting. Just got an email that I will only get my copy next week Monday. Shit, guess I have to finish that essay now.

Preloaded on PC. Hopefully I'll get to unlock before Hurricane Mathew gets here and takes out the internet.

Is the 30fps lock thing true though?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems to unlock soon via Steam (VPN). Is somebody doing a pc performance thread?

I've got one sitting in a tab. I just need to do the graphics settings section, so it'll be up around half an hour after the game has unlocked (I'm assuming unpacking will take at least ~20 minutes).

Edit: Oh, well, never mind. ;)

grrr, can't get the client to work! I changed my download server to Australia, closed steam, activated flyvpn using an Australia connection, reactivated steam but it's still showing the 7th :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
grrr, can't get the client to work! I changed my download server to Australia, closed steam, activated flyvpn using an Australia connection, reactivated steam but it's still showing the 7th :(

I believe you need to change to e-mail-based Steam Guard as the mobile app gets in the way of things.

Redlogic

Any word on performance? Specifically on ps4.
I'm getting kinds hyped but tend to get weirded out about taking chances on release day with games this gen.

I played it for about 4 hours on ps4 yesterday and this morning, I didn't notice any screen tearing or frame drops during my various activities around the city. So far, it's been great. It doesn't always look like the best game ever but has plenty of redeeming qualities. The gunplay being my personal favorite.

Top Bottom