• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

razterik

I can reasonably see all the Heroes getting the same extra awakenings, which isn't that impressive. Typing and stat buff is the biggest difference for Andromeda, but I'm not sure that will mean much to some of the others.

Rewatching the Mecha Zeus play from last night is painful. Just wow, what were they thinking, complete failure by the end. And they really wanted JP to earn any stream rewards off this?

hermit7

I can reasonably see all the Heroes getting the same extra awakenings, which isn't that impressive. Typing and stat buff is the biggest difference for Andromeda, but I'm not sure that will mean much to some of the others.

Rewatching the Mecha Zeus play from last night is painful. Just wow, what were they thinking, complete failure by the end. And they really wanted JP to earn any stream rewards off this?

Typing for perseus will be important.

Hopefully he gets either devil or healer for more synergy with Astaroth. As rows though he might be a better leader but you still really need to buff to hp and rcv that Astaroth provides.

Theoretical astaroth/ michael/ freyja/ perseus/ another maybe elize would quite good.

J0dy77

There's this pretty crazy skyfall setup that Anubis players have started using recently, here's Paprika showing it off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxtOJme5J0

I've seen that video once before. It's a crazy setup but seems situational. So hard to stall a round that is completely wasted setting up the board. I think I'm just more annoyed watching the damage from anubis on most of those turns. 8 and nine combos and he's tickling damage. Not sure my skill will ever be high enough to rely on him to clear end game content.

Jagernaut

Yamato only has 1 row now, he needs another 2 rows.

And Attacker or Devil type with another 500 atk.

FZZ

Banned
Seeing as what they did with Archdemons some Heroes will get UUvos and some will get Awokens

I have money on Pandora getting an awoken

Honestly I wish they would drop the insistence on having two uvos (UUvo or split) before an Awoken Uvo. Belial and Amon are great, but being stuck with their original skill while Astaroth's is objectively better is weird. It just seems like such an arbitrary rule to stick to so rigidly.

hermit7

Honestly I wish they would drop the insistence on having two uvos (UUvo or split) before an Awoken Uvo. Belial and Amon are great, but being stuck with their original skill while Astaroth's is objectively better is weird. It just seems like such an arbitrary rule to stick to so rigidly.

At least twice the cool down of it. Counters are silly and it is only a single orb change.

I evolved ball and levelled him with a snowblower but he is off little user with 11 skill levels.

At least his Mobster is easy enough to get.

u wat

Hahaha. I'm leveling everything with "snowblowers" now.

Blow my snow if old.

fXYDbZz.png

Some times, you just don't care who gets swapped in.

razterik

Double skills

WTFFFF

Survey winners:
Light Iza and Urd ultimates.

Awoken Pandoraaaaa
D/F devil/physical, YomiDra crying.

Pandy gets 1cd haste added to her AS, devil type all stat buff on her awoken form

Also to be clear they're breaking precedent and skipping Pandora's super ult

razterik

They already broke pattern with ult-ults, this doesn't surprise me. Better for them to make new cards (GFEs *cough*) than keep redoing art on older cards. How long till we go straight to Awoken forms.

This feels like some sick payback for Pandora getting hosed on her first survey win.

Didn't catch her awakenings.

They already broke pattern with ult-ults, this doesn't surprise me. Better for them to make new cards (GFEs *cough*) than keep redoing art on older cards. How long till we go straight to Awoken forms.

This feels like some sick payback for Pandora getting hosed on her first survey win.

Looks like just an extra dark row.

hermit7

3 rows, 2 skill boosts, sbr, bind clear, finger are awakenings.

Urd gets red orb enhance, finger, skill boost (verd treatment)

L. Izanami gets 2 500 hp recovery after each orb clear.

razterik

Yeah, finally found a screen cap. Wanted a *killer awakening, but I guess this is okay.

Beach Pandora totally getting updated next time that comes around, she's essentially the uuevo now.

Also just noticed the RGB constellation 2 get 30% damage reduction for their main/sub elements and 36x is only 5 connected jammers. That seems pretty good at first glance.

hermit7

Yeah, finally found a screen cap. Wanted a *killer awakening, but I guess this is okay.

Beach Pandora totally getting updated next time that comes around, she's essentially the uuevo now.

Also just noticed the RGB constellation 2 get 30% damage reduction for their main/sub elements and 36x is only 5 connected jammers. That seems pretty good at first glance.

I think I prefer her to this awoken evo. The extra tpa are significant for tpa teams (yomidra). I will awaken one and use it for a. Luci and she will be useful be I don't think she is that significant an upgrade over the other one.

Damn is Pandora gonna eclipse Lucifer already? That would be insane. She'll probably only be 1.2x to stats though. So maxing at 25x ATK, 1.44x HP/RCV. That would be pretty good, and I can't see it being lower than that.

No longer a Yomidra sub though. But I can live with that, at least she still works with Lucifer. Doesn't seem like any reason to focus on skilling her up now, but I don't know where I'm gonna get all these Badpys.

Loving Urd's art, but its kind of a bummer that she got the Verdandi treatment. Still, can't complain.

Edit: whoops, meant 1.25x for Pandora. So 1.56x HP/RCV, definitely an exciting prospect.

razterik

We don't know A.Pandora's leader skill devil stat boost yet, but if I had to guess based on uuevo Andromeda getting 25x, I'd wager it's at least 1.25x. Much higher ATK compared to A.Luci, but less RCV/HP. Hmm.

hermit7

We don't know A.Pandora's leader skill devil stat boost yet, but if I had to guess based on uuevo Andromeda getting 25x, I'd wager it's at least 1.25x. Much higher ATK compared to A.Luci, but less RCV/HP. Hmm.

Reddit is saying that 4x max.

I did some quick calculations of luci and he makes out at 16.4 taking into account his 1.35 static atk boost.

razterik

I think that's orb connected damage only, not accounting for devil stat boost. If she gets 1.35x, A.Luci should get a buff.

Light Iza is a wasted vote. How did she even win and why is she still so bad?

They keep failing on streams, JP gonna riot over rewards.

jiggle

Inheriting AS will probably destroy the card Ya?

So glad I didn't sell all the dupes now
Fairy tales cards make good sacrificial lambs to orb changers
The possibilities
Kirin with l.kali active...

hermit7

I think that's orb connected damage only, not accounting for devil stat boost. If she gets 1.35x, A.Luci should get a buff.

Light Iza is a wasted vote. How did she even win and why is she still so bad?

They keep failing on streams, JP gonna riot over rewards.

My thinking was that there was only a buff to rcv and hp not atk.

I am not sure if that is the case. I was speculating. It just seems strange to outclass a card so quickly with the same skill essentially.

yami4ct

The A. Skill system sounds a bit crazy. Not sure how to feel. Need more info. It has to be limited to REM cards for sure. No way they are letting people pick up an L. Kali skill from a Lit for instance.

My bet is the requirements will be insane. You'll certain have to be fully Ult-ed and maybe fully skilled. I could see them adding a crazy requirement like a new type of enhance card to spend with it or an MP Point requirement. Also fully expect transferred skills to be significantly higher CD. Would continue to allow Ninjas, Valks, etc. to be useful. We'll see. Sounds like another pure whale system like MP Dragons, but I hope for the best.

Urd finally getting Ulted is fantastic. Pandora looks crazy. I assume she will undoubtedly be better than A. Luci. Perhaps Rows will become a very heavy team of choice again. I have 3 Pandas on my JP account, so I really hope I can put a decent enough squad together to make good on that.

EDIT:

Just read the full details on Reddit. The active+1 is more generous than I expected, but the fact that triggering one skill resets CD on both definitely stops this system from being completely busted.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Skill inheritance sounds broken af... But then again whales will go crazy about setting up their whole teams with extra Dkali actives lol.

Well nvm... Time to farm Poring Tower the whole day.

colinp

Banned
Freyr
Apollo (yaaaahooooooooooooo!!!)
Mistrain
Apocalypse

Which evo should I choose for Apollo for my Sakuya team? I'm using LMeta as my blue and Echidna as my red.

yami4ct

Skill inheritance sounds broken af... But then again whales will go crazy about setting up their whole teams with extra Dkali actives lol.

Well nvm... Time to farm Poring Tower the whole day.

If reddit is right and triggering 1 active resets both, I don't see all that much use from the D. Kali actives outside of options. You could cover more colors with D. Kali's active that way, but at this point you could already be running her, r. kali and the new MP Dragon to cover a big swath. You don't see that run for good reason.

There's certainly going to be some crazy things that go on with it for the high end teams, but I don't think it's as broken as it appears on its face. At least we won't be seeing teams with 12x D.Kali actives.

NineH

Rolled since I was feeling lucky

Grodin (my 10th)
DQXQ (my 5th)
Sleeping Beauty (this was my 1st at least)

Stopped there since my luck was not getting any better.

razterik

If one sub can bring two different actives to cover different types of floors, like a shield for a status null floor and a delay for a damage shield floor, it breaks open one of the biggest constraints in team building right now. As it is, some of the best subs in the game are ones with dual utility actives. Being able to double or potentially even quadruple the possible usages of your cards is crazy.

I don't see them promoting this feature without at least making some sort of accessible way for non or low IAP to use it. Even slapping farmable Dark Izanami or Echidna skills on a whole team would be a major boon.

Materials are out for A.Pandora. Aamir, Sutr, one red and two dark jewels. Aamir is up in JP today for anyone that's in the market and Sutr is in the current Challenge Descended.

If reddit is right and triggering 1 active resets both, I don't see all that much use from the D. Kali actives outside of options. You could cover more colors with D. Kali's active that way, but at this point you could already be running her, r. kali and the new MP Dragon to cover a big swath. You don't see that run for good reason.

There's certainly going to be some crazy things that go on with it for the high end teams, but I don't think it's as broken as it appears on its face. At least we won't be seeing teams with 12x D.Kali actives.

The utility! Think of all of cool things we can do now!

But knowing Gungho, they could make a dungeon so dumb that you'll be required to take 6 shields to cover all the heavy hitting taking place everywhere. Or something so random that even 12 actives can't cover you from that.
I'm going to give my dmeta Durga's active

yTniGB2.png

Soon, very soon. Thanks for the Castor, Gungho.

yami4ct

If one sub can bring two different actives to cover different types of floors, like a shield for a status null floor and a delay for a damage shield floor, it breaks open one of the biggest constraints in team building right now. As it is, some of the best subs in the game are ones with dual utility actives. Being able to double or potentially even quadruple the possible usages of your cards is crazy.

I don't see them promoting this feature without at least making some sort of accessible way for non or low IAP to use it. Even slapping farmable Dark Izanami or Echidna skills on a whole team would be a major boon.

Materials are out for A.Pandora. Aamir, Sutr, one red and two dark jewels. Aamir is up in JP today for anyone that's in the market and Sutr is in the current Challenge Descended.

I do think it's powerful, but I don't think it's powerful in the way people are thinking. 'Everyone's DKali' isn't the real boon. It's more 'I can have a D Iza on a blue squad' or "I can run D.Iza without sacrificing team power'. As you said, running menace now becomes a thing you might do again.

Assuming GungHo doesn't royal screw this up, this partly solves the blue having no real shield in NA problem. That'll be a real upgrade.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Single Pull... Thanatos. Sold him immediately lol.

Back 2 Poring Tower xD

Let's hope you are right.. It feels bad for me because I know this will justify even more BS dungeons from Gungho since they will expect people to have all those skill combinations ready for every attempt.

I mean that Mech Zeus dungeon already looked nuts... Feels like they are getting really crazy with coop content and BS gimmicks.

razterik

Yeah, it's not innately broken from my understanding, but it introduces a huge amount of complexity to game balance, something that GungHo has proven to be notoriously bad at handling. Chances are good somebody abuses this in a way they don't expect and we see more difficulty creep. Mecha Zeus is likely an example of what they believe this feature will make acceptable.

FZZ

Banned
Lmfao it's broken as fuck fam

Adding Orb changers, gravities, and bind clears is going to shift the meta hard

I feel a maplestory esque type shit is gonna happen if gungo ho goes through with it

yami4ct

Barring restrictions we don't know about yet, this means you'll be able to add Verche's active to Eila. 6 turns with the +1 CD isn't bad at all and will make her usable without skill ups.

I still think the 1 use resets both will keep it from being absolutely busted, but it's going to open up some really fun possibilities.

Top Bottom