• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 4 Screenshots (Grunt new design revealed)

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm not a Halo fan*, but I still said goddamn. The art design is what has me in awe the most. I'm amazed that 343i is getting this out of the 360.

*I respect the franchise, but it's just not for me. Also, no PC releases = I can't play the games anyway.

Pooya

You mean this one?

wqRy8.jpg

Sadly, no.

Jumping, crouching and shooting.
Gandhi Hopping

Did you look all the files there? there are like 30-40 pictures I think

Halo4_360_Editeur_014.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Honestly I think they're hideous and I'm disappointed that it's the same old enemies again. I thought this was going to be a clean break from the previous games.

JimiNutz

Banned
The art direction appears much improved over Bungies offerings.
It still looks like Halo but at the same time looks ever so slightly more grounded and gritty.
People freak out when you say the word 'gritty' in a sentence about Halo. They accuse you of wanting Halo to turn into a copy of Gears of War. This is just the right level though. Everything still retains its Halo look but it somehow seems more mature and grounded.

Halo has grown up and it looks stunning :)

Fjordson

Man, I really love how this is looking. Can't wait for some more footage.

Hype starting to build...haven't really had it strong since Halo 3.

wwm0nkey

Honestly I think they're hideous and I'm disappointed that it's the same old enemies again. I thought this was going to be a clean break from the previous games.

They are not the main enemy and do not play a big role in Halo 4. The new baddies have not been shown yet.

they've said several times that the covenant plays a small role and they're not the main enemies

NIGHT-

I think the new enemy designs are great. I also felt the old designs were a bit lacking. These have a more mature look to them

monome

Those grunts look straight out of Gears Of War.

Like the badass attitude, yet I came to Halo with a strong background in sci-fi, hard sci-fi etc...and was not impressed by the campyness. But it has changed and I came to love Halo for the pink.
343i is clearly driving towards a more serious tone, with stronger storyline and a "new" aesthetic that pushes the more serious tone.

Can't post without saying the Didact word, so these screens make me giddy picturing his reveal, yet the awesome but campy Didact would have melted my heart I'm sure.

343i needs to unbelievably deliver on Forerunner's design. No way a Promethean can look like those bird amrored, no muscle mass, not looking over 2m tall people we've in anime and CG form.

Majanew

Banned
I assume 343 doesn't want to show the new enemy, but please don't have us fight the damn Covenant long or often. I hate that they're even in the game.

Feindflug

Game looks amazing, the improvement in IQ alone will make a world of a difference between this and Reach.

Can't wait to see Campaign footage. :)

Balehead

Must be a bitch to have that tube block your view from the other side. Practical design. I like the shark/turtle look though.

monome

Nicolas "Sparth" Bouvier is working on this, and it shows. Great art.

I don't think he's responsible for chara design. he's a man of vision and atmosphere, nothing in his work makes me think he's down to the nitty gritty of bringing characters to life.

But 343i made a coup in getting him aboard, his Halo may not be Bungie's Halo, but he has a strong vision for his work, and the eerie quality of his works shines through the environments revelaed and into driving the story into seriouser territory.

Would pay good money for Rapahael Albuquerque drawing the Didact.
And don't get me started on a Chris Burnham/Grant Morrison Halo comics about
the human vs forerunner war

BHK3

Banned
Eh, sure the graphics look nice but I don't like the look of the new grunts. They look like...TMNT villains or something. Don't like the new cortana look either.

Gui_PT

*Awesome new screens are revealed

"JAGGIES"

thisisneogaf.jpeg

They look great. Looks like they want a grittier look which makes me think they're going full 80's sci-fi with this

Top Bottom