• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Run the Jewels 3 - Released Christmas 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

RTJ-3-Album-Cover-1.png

http://runthejewels.com/

RTJ3 is coming! Official street date in N. America is Jan 13th & Jan 20th internationally. Preorder your copy now!!

For our Jewel Runners,

Holy Shit. We can’t believe we get to finally write this to you… RTJ3 IS READY!!!! After a straight year of work the next chapter in this madness is done. We’ll spare you too much talk but we will say this: thank you so much for making RUN THE JEWELS the most amazing experience either of us have had in our careers. We hope you feel the love and time we put in to this record and can’t wait to share it with you and see you out on the road. Whether you buy it, download it for free, steal it from your annoying cousin or hear it at a show, just know that we are eternally grateful for the love you’ve shown us. Thank you thank you thank you.

Love,
Jaime and Mike

New Track: Legend Has It

NotLiquid

Tracklist

01 Down [ft. Joi Gilliam]
02 Talk to Me
03 Legend Has It
04 Call Ticketron
05 Hey Kids (Bumaye) [ft. Danny Brown]
06 Stay Gold
07 Don’t Get Captured
08 Thieves! (Screamed the Ghost) [ft. Tunde Adebimpe]
09 2100 [ft. Boots]
10 Panther Like a Panther (Miracle Mix) [ft. Trina]
11 Everybody Stay Calm
12 Oh Mama
13 Thursday in the Danger Room [ft. Kamasi Washington]
14 Report to the Shareholders/Kill Your Masters

bryehn

That's some deep shit for a rap album cover, but I'm digging the look.

The cover art for the album was designed by Timothy Saccenti, and he's shared a statement about what the RTJ3 cover means, saying, "For us, the RTJ1​ hands were about 'taking what's yours'—your world, your life, your attitude." He continued, "The RTJ2 hands were wrapped in bandages, signifying injury and healing, which for us represented the growth in ideas and tone of that album. For RTJ3 the bandages are off, the chain is gone and the hands have been transformed into gold. For us this represents the idea that there is nothing to take that exists outside of yourself. You are the jewel."

Bacon

Thought Kendrick was supposed be on this because of that picture of him in the studio with Mike. Maybe he'll make it on a bonus track or something. Hyped nonetheless.

sqwarlock

Was really hoping for 2016, but this is still close enough to keep the fire burning. AOTY 2017 competition starting early.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I keep going back and forth on 2100, but Talk to Me has grown on me a fair bit.

At least I will have the new Gambino and J cole album to hold me off for this. Can't fucking wait though, RTJ is definitely on the top of my list. Killer Mike and El-P just work so well together.

....I have the feeling that that this wasn't supposed to go up. One of the videos is already private.
EDIT: That beat on Everybody Stay Quiet tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom