• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
The Youtube theorists get 100% of their theories from reddit or leaks. That's why they're so accurate. I refuse to give them any views.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Now it will hurt even more if one episode is badly edited with terrible pacing lol.

With 10 episodes, you can have one or two that are kind've "the quiet before the storm" type episodes. With this season only being 7, and the last only being 6, it kinda feels like every single episode needs to move the story along a pretty huge amount. I'm a bit worried that they won't be able to wrap up everything in 13 more episodes, either Dany's war to retake Westeros will be rushed or the great war against The Knight King will.

~Kinggi~

Banned
With 10 episodes, you can have one or two that are kind've "the quiet before the storm" type episodes. With this season only being 7, and the last only being 6, it kinda feels like every single episode needs to move the story along a pretty huge amount. I'm a bit worried that they won't be able to wrap up everything in 13 more episodes, either Dany's war to retake will be rushed or the great war against The Knight King will.

Well the thing about it is there is no reason or excuse for them shortening seasons beyond realizing the scope is so much larger and they need to keep costs the same. Its either that or cast members are fucked and dont do as many episodes which means production trouble.

Nameless

Favorite/Best episode?

Definitely comes down to Blackwater or Winds of Winter for me. Though Hardhome probably has the highest highs.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Favorite/Best episode?

Definitely comes down to Blackwater or Winds of Winter for me. Though Hardhome probably has the highest highs.

Probably Battle of the Bastards, everything from the build up to the final showdown was done perfectly.

FiggyCal

Banned
Favorite/Best episode?

Winds of Winter might be the best episode of t.v. I've ever seen ever. With no exaggeration, I can't think of another t.v. show that had as much impact as that one episode did.

I'm also a fan of The Door.

Edit: I like Battle of the Bastards, but I'm still salty that the one giant that exists (that we know of), had to die before the real war against the white walkers.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Favorite/Best episode?

Battle of the Bastard hands down. From the Masters getting their shit kicked in, to the anxiety causing first meet with Ramsay, to the Girl Power summit between Yara and Dany, and finally the title card itself and Ramsay's demise. Excellent all around. Some of my favourite characters nabbing some solid Ws really sealed it.

Winds of Winter is probably second favourite, but the loss of Margery kinda dampens it a little. But man was that lead up the greatest 15 minutes of tv. I was low key sorta rooting for Cersei. I felt ashamed after :(

Oh and that nun lady bit had me fist pumping. God I hated that obnoxious asshole.

Yeah I am stoked for this season. It will be quick though. That last episode at 81 minutes long. I can only imagine the shit that will go down that episode.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there some place that we can stream HBO in Canada? Going through subscriptions of both cable TV(through Videotron) & HBO is way too expensive for watching a single show. HBO Canada still offer no way of watching their stuff online right?

Is there some place that we can stream HBO in Canada? Going through subscriptions of both cable TV(through Videotron) & HBO is way too expensive for watching a single show. HBO Canada still offer no way of watching their stuff online right?

Through TMN is the only way, so another $20 a month on top of your cable bill. Bullshit.

fantomena

bran the builder built the wall, there is zero question about that.

the only question is whether bran wargs into bran the builder / is associated with him somehow.

azor ahai = the prince that was promised, zero doubts.

how season 7 chooses to portray azor ahai is still in question though - the new trailers suggest some interesting concepts that are discussed heavily on youtube [and are super exciting].

[seriously folks, if y'all gon theorize watch some freaking YT theorizing videos, they've typically been proven 98% spot-on with their pre-season theorizing once the season is over]

I like this one better: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/23p48r/the_true_nature_and_purpose_of_the_others_and_the/

AltShiftX did a video on the WW too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih_ZAGCfMY0

Rewatching last season. A lot of characters I don't want to see die haha ;_;
Can I get HBO through Amazon channels and be able to stream it at the same time as hbo go/now?
I hope... and I assume it'll be up at the same time universally across platforms. I usually do HBO Now through Apple TV, but did the Amazon channel this time.

Tevious

Can I get HBO through Amazon channels and be able to stream it at the same time as hbo go/now?

I wouldn't rely on Amazon. They are often late with episodes across the board. Get a service with the actual HBO Now app if you want them on time.

I wouldn't rely on Amazon. They are often late with episodes across the board. Get a service with the actual HBO Now app if you want them on time.
It's the same 15 dollar charge. I think if you download the hbo now app, you can link ur Amazon account/sign in via Amazon. Haven't tried it yet

NullMoon

Neo Member
Pretty sure you can, there is a "watch live" option when you go to the HBO Channel through the Amazon app. I actually just checked right now to verify since I had not seen the option before. But it's there so I assume I can watch GOT live as it premiers.

Kadin

I never thought I'd be less than a week away from the premiere. This wait has been torture to the point where I honestly forgot about it for a while. Then I felt bad when I realized I forgot about it.

I am not sure I buy the theory that The Others are afraid of the dragons and men not being able to control them so they need to wipe them out. Seems to simple.

Also that theory is 3 years old and we now know the others were created by the children of the forest to use against men. They are a weapon that grew beyond their use.

I can see Jon being a diplomat however.

DoomGyver

I don't think I will be able to finish my rewatch before Sunday, I should have skipped most of S5 trash. The only two things that mattered was Tyrions confession and Hearthome.

Have a Game of Thrones dead pool going on at work. I have to pick five people/things and predict when they are biting it this season. So far I have

Cersei Lannister- Episode seven
The Wall - Episode seven
Yara Greyjoy- Episode five
Petyr Baelish - Episode three

I feel like Cersei and the Wall are fairly safe bets, while Yara and Petyr will probably die but it's difficult to nail down when. I could throw in Qyburn or the Mountain as my last pick, as I think it's likely they'll die with Cersei, but I kind of want to do something a little more out there. Anyone have any thoughts for my last pick/ current lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom