• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Producion working on a free patch for PS3 version of Z.O.E HD

raven777

There was a new hidechan radio today(called Mogren radio).

There were some interesting news but nothing new or shocking, but probably biggest seemed like news about Z.O.E HD patch for PS3.

Kojima Production is working on patch for the PS3 version of Z.O.E. HD collection.

They realized that people were not happy with the quality of PS3 version so they reworked a lot of stuff from Kojima Production inhouse.

The patch will improve the framerate and the game will look better, and the patch will be free

They will also release a new disc version with the patch

The release date for the patch is not set.

The patch is only for PS3 version.

And these are for Japan, so we don't know about US/EU yet.

hideradio

Korigama

Hm, good to hear that they're doing something about it at least. Would be nice to hear if it will pertain to the Western release as well (I passed on the HD collection and stuck with my PS2 originals of both games, so it would be nice if they fix it for everyone).

Jawmuncher

Bet money it'll come to the US as well.
Also can they just come out and say that ZoE vita is canceled? We all know it is.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, i wonder why they point out that the patch will be free. It isnt DLC afterall.

But its good that they are trying to improve the framerate :)

Diebuster

Excellent news. I was so excited about the HD collection since 2nd Runner is one of my favorite games of all time, but didn't end up buying it because HVS botched the port. I'll definitely get it now.

RPGCrazied

I just bought the HD set yesterday too, lol. They sure do want you to play Metal Gear Rising something fierce. The demo ad is all over the front of the box and on the disc too. Couldn't they just put a sticker on top of the shrink wrap?

I just bought the HD set yesterday too, lol. They sure do want you to play Metal Gear Rising something fierce. The demo ad is all over the front of the box and on the disc too. Couldn't they just put a sticker on top of the shrink wrap?

Il just look at it like the ZOE1 boxart which has the MGS2 demo all over it.

It's tradition. :D

manzo

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They need significantly change the game code to get past the 25gb/sec membus vs 40gb on PS2.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
If it delivers then I can finally get this game. I've been holding off due to all the bad reports.

Xanathus

Kojima is trying to get consumers used to the idea that patches are not necessarily free for gamers, MGS5 patches to cost money? :p

tsab

They will also release a new disc version with the patch
I bet someone would ask if the patch would be with a fee for early buyers so he used FREE to avoid confusion, me thinks

raven777

Kojima also mentions that because of this incident (ZOE HD) he canceled the project for the sequel(ZOE3), and he disband the team on the project. He wants to hear from the fans again (with the patch/new version).

There were some important bits censored out on the radio, and the tone was not super serious so I don't know how true it is about ZOE3

HardRojo

Good, I got my copy there and I haven't touched it yet, release it for NA too Kojima!

Kojima also mentions that because of this incident (ZOE HD) he canceled the project for the sequel(ZOE3), and he disband the team on the project. He wants to hear from the fans again (with the patch/new version).

If that's true then it really sucks.

There were some important bits censored out on the radio, and the tone was not super serious so I don't know how true it is about ZOE3

wat

Omikaru

I was about to suck it up and start playing Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner, despite a lot of people saying it's disappointing, but news of this patch has me holding off for a bit. I can wait.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Already beat both, got the platinums and sold my copy.

Cool for people seriously bothered by it tho.

I wonder if no 360 patch just means they're aiming for port parity with that version.

cj_iwakura

Good, I got my copy there and I haven't touched it yet, release it for NA too Kojima!

If that's true then it really sucks.

Maybe it just means he doesn't want a B-team doing it, and I agree. Let his MGS team do it once they finish with V.

Top Bottom