• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahsutify

I got a question about the digital version of Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection pack for Vita.
Are the two games in a single bubble or you get a bubble for MGS2 and another for MGS3?

Single bubble, it asks which one do you want to launch after you tap it.

VanWinkle

Definitely up for it, just about to walk the dog to cool down from seeing an unnecessary background service on my phone (sonic 4 episode 2) LOL!

But would be up for some fun games later, got jealous seeing all the fun the wiiu people were having in that thread and their matches. Played a couple of games yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Done. I'll likely be up to play later tonight, but after that I'm taking a train to the Great Canadian Wilderness and won't have good (or possibly any) internet access until the 26 or 27th.

At 29.99 in NA, I think it's a great deal. ;) But it's near Christmas, so maybe gift card deals will pop up in flyers or something.

Nice. I'll be available to play tonight around 10pm EST, but that depends on your guys' schedule. Just let me know.

I might get sonic then

Would be good for the bf too

You definitely should. What I've played of it is really fun.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I love quite a few of the off beat rhythm games (Amplitude, Frequency, Gitaroo Man, Mad Maestro, Ouendan/EBA ) and finished all of them on the highest difficulty setting, but I am not sure I'd like this :/ Seems like a ridiculous difficulty curve.

I wish gitaroo man and parappa were on PSN in Europe

Sony is really missing nice amount of free and easy money here,they can re port the entire first three years of PS3 (20006/07/08 when PS3 was $599/$399 and people were avoiding like the plague) Folklore,Warhawk,Resistance FOM,Untold Legends,MotorStorm,Siren: Blood Curse..ect many people even PS3 owners didn't get the chance to buy these games, but Sony is just too stupid to do this.

Considering Strangers Wrath on Vita had ONE programmer, yeah, I think Sony could do something with a modest effort

Iacobellis

Sony is really missing nice amount of free and easy money here,they can re port the entire first three years of PS3 (20006/07/08 when PS3 was $599/$399 and people were avoiding like the plague) Folklore,Warhawk,Resistance FOM,Untold Legends,MotorStorm,Siren: Blood Curse..ect many people even PS3 owners didn't get the chance to buy these games, but Sony is just too stupid to do this.

I would buy MotorStorm in a heartbeat, and possibly Warhawk. I wish we got a proper port of Tony Hawk to the Vita. :/

N30RYU

In the UK it's 1p cheaper to buy them separate off of psn
Also if you run low on space you can delete only one of them instead of deleting both...

I think that have seen a Vita menu screenshot in the wallpaper thread with all the Metal Gear bubbles in it.. (MGS, MGS2, MGS3, Peace walker and Portable Ops) but can't find it... that's why I'm asking... 'cause I wanna make a wallpaper with MGS MGS2 and MGS3 in it.

I love quite a few of the off beat rhythm games (Amplitude, Frequency, Gitaroo Man, Mad Maestro, Ouendan/EBA ) and finished all of them on the highest difficulty setting, but I am not sure I'd like this :/ Seems like a ridiculous difficulty curve.

Ive been eyeing Rock Band PSP since i got my Vita because of its similarities to Amplitude and Frequency.

Hopefully it gets a price drop soon

QP3

finally able to open my vita, this thing is sweet! love the fluidity between apps and games.

1. should I buy a screen protector? my hands are clean and i am already noticing (very slight) smudges.
2. how do I add friends?

now i just need to buy me some psn credit and ill be loaded

VanWinkle

finally able to open my vita, this thing is sweet! love the fluidity between apps and games.

1. should I buy a screen protector? my hands are clean and i am already noticing (very slight) smudges.
2. how do I add friends?

Awesome. You may want to get a screen protector since it is plastic covering the front of the device. That being said, I have had it for 10 months without a screen protector and never got a scratch. But I always have it in my case if I take it somewhere.

To add friends, go to the friends app, and under the menu button there should be an option to send friend request. The menu button is the "..." on the bottom right, by the way. Feel free to send me a friend request. Vanwinkle.

Got a vita.

WHAT HAVE I DONE!

The best mistake of your life.

2. how do I add friends?

Everyone says it doesn't scratch easy, but the Hori screen protector is so unobtrusive that you might as well get one.

Just played most wanted. IMO the game is unplayable on vita and the non native resolution really hurt the hasn't (the headlights look like pixels from far back). I can't believe how hard it was to play without analog triggers and vita's analog stick. I also felt like like shit just popped out of nowhere and made me crash.

Skyzard

Banned
Just played most wanted. IMO the game is unplayable on vita and the non native resolution really hurt the hasn't (the headlights look like pixels from far back). I can't believe how hard it was to play without analog triggers and vita's analog stick. I also felt like like shit just popped out of nowhere and made me crash.

Takes some getting used to, worth it. You are right, can be frustrating. I personally like the headlights, makes a lot of sense from a performance standpoint and they actually help you to avoid crashes - they don't pop out of nowhere - you can see the headlights even through slight bumps in the road in the distance :) Native res would have been insanely good, it's a large open ended game though so I am quick to forgive it, especially when your car looks decent (and your headlights). You get used to the lower resolution, especially after travelling at 200mph for a while. Stick with it...don't add too many people to your friendslist though. (try to aim for 10 or 15 max - there is an unfixed frequent freezing bug with more)

Back in a bit.

Other than the bug my main issue with it is how easy the police are...especially the higher levels. And occasionally the AI is dumb as - to help you reach 1st.

OmegaZero

I found it perfectly playable.
Playing the PS3 version does feel a lot better, though.

At 29.99 in NA, I think it's a great deal. ;) But it's near Christmas, so maybe gift card deals will pop up in flyers or something.

If it really does look as good as those screens are, I'll get it. I've been wanting a cart racer on the Vita, shame Sony didn't capitalize on that with LBP Karting, it would've been PERFECT for the whole #YOPO thing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Jamix012!! The last missing person! Get on that gift buying ;)

Sintoid

Gaf need help
It's a few weeks I'm no more able to play online with LBPV. I played a lot but now I can't join anyone
The strangest thing is that when I try to invite a friend (wich is playing LBP) I can't see him online (but he sees me)
If he try to join me I refuse him If he send me an invite it fails...

My connection is Nat 2, is there any port forward list for EU PSN somewhere?

Got LBP with it but I am downloading free PS+ games now.

MK
Uncharted
Gravity Rush
+ Final Fantasy VIII because I was playing months ago.

I think I will just set it up and leave it untouched until Christmas day because I will be bored as hell most of that day.

Also system is light as hell. I remember playing it a few months pre release and I dont remember it being this light.

And I think I need a case.

leng jai

As great as the Vita OS is I absolutely despise the bubble system. It's so limited and obtrusive in it's implementation. Surely the bubbles could be a lot smaller and line up more efficiently. The way they are set up now is ridiculous. Is it just me or are the vast majority of game icons really terrible looking as well? The lack of AA is just the icing on the cake.

yurinka

Gravity Rush is awesome. Loved it to the point that I bought the retail version even if I had it in PS+. Want to support the devs, have it in my retail boxes collection and to save card space.
I have the digital version .and it is just one bubble ..its called metal gear solid HD.
In this case it's the same than the retail version, which I recently also purchased.
I also bought the Metal Gear Rising demo and a Resident Evil t-shirt, both included a game for free.

Reason Strangers Wrath isn't cross save is because JAW couldn't get the save file compressed enough to meet Sony regulations. They really tried...

Yup, Sony's "TUS" system that is used for Cross-Save's is 1MB in size, Stranger has save games UP TO 5MB.

We know a LOT about TUS, after having used it for the Level Sharing system in Gravity Crash on PS3 back in 2009.

yurinka

Yup, Sony's "TUS" system that is used for Cross-Save's is 1MB in size, Stranger has save games UP TO 5MB.

We know a LOT about TUS, after having used it for the Level Sharing system in Gravity Crash on PS3 back in 2009.
It makes sense to add a size limit due to 3G connection and 3G phone carriers constraints, But man, 1MB is too small. Sony must fix it.

Skyzard

Banned
VanWinkle, and Lyphen, up for some Sonic RT soon? I have no idea when 10 BST is :p

Anyone else have it? Actually I think Twinduct and someone else if they are around..

OmegaTreeFish

And anyone else who feels like buying it :D (you should, it's a lot of fun and looks great..might make them improve the fps faster as well :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom