• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Darkdeus

Project Cars 2 Beta Builds:

36568751025_482a97fefd_o.jpg

35733728484_69d689a277_o.jpg

Nick Pal

Nice shot, probably the best in the thread so far.

And thank you for breaking the streak of endless Hellblade and Dreamfall shots. :)

You have an exceptional eye and I couldn't agree with you more. Those hellblade shots are all crap if you ask me. This one's got my vote at the end of this year.

keraj37

Performance is better than Pcars 1, especially in VR. I have a GTX 1080 and get around 120 fps at 1080p ultra details and around 60-80 fps at 4K in good weather. Rain still drops the fps by a good amount though.

Here's some quick shots with FRAPs showing fps counter. Photomode is capped at 60 FPS though.

If you have a VR headset you really need a 1080 or 1080ti for supersampling. You can see so much further in race sims in VR if you have the pixel density set to 1.5-2.0. Feels like having a new headset.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Hcl9s

Thanks for info!

And please do not stop posting these shots - I love every single one.

irmas

Nice shot, probably the best in the thread so far.

And thank you for breaking the streak of endless Hellblade and Dreamfall shots. :)

You have an exceptional eye and I couldn't agree with you more. Those hellblade shots are all crap if you ask me. This one's got my vote at the end of this year.

Uhh.... something I'm not seeing here?

Not sure if sarcastic...just trying to give older games some high res love :)

UberLevi

35833515603_943c1490cc_h.jpg

35833518053_fd6f5757bb_h.jpg

Don't usually post in here, but I'm a screenshot-aholic and I've been playing No Man's Sky and Observer this week, so I've been getting a lot of cool shots.

I propose a new rule: if the shot is rendered with less than 90 shaders, it shouldn't be posted.

Not sure if this is shitting on ReShade (sarcastically), or shitting on older games. Either way, I leave it to you to develop a "shader counter" so we can all comply :p

Also, I don't think it's unusual that we're seeing a high volume of screenshots from a brand new game that's being lauded for its visuals (Hellblade).

I'm digging the visual upgrades. That's a nice bush.

Heh. This NPC stood out to me. He seems like he's from another game entirely. He's just way more detailed than anything else I've seen in this game.

Anywho, I'm playing PUBG right now. It's uh.... not screenshot worthy in the slightest :(

Sequiel

Banned
Okay, why almost everybody are ignoring fact that this game looks just crazy good?

Maybe it's because the real gameplay looks nothing like that: https://youtu.be/4WS7An-0ClQ

And in fact it looks outdated: bad aliasing, shimmering, dull lighting, ...

Same happened with PCars1, lots of people got pumped up by those JonZMovies amazing montages and then the real gameplay felt nothing like that.

Being good at it, you can cherrypick amazing shots from almost any game, specially if you use photomodes, cam tools, reshade, enb, sweetfx, post effects, ...

OtisInf

Not sure if this is shitting on ReShade (sarcastically), or shitting on older games. Either way, I leave it to you to develop a "shader counter" so we can all comply :p
The eyesores formerly known as old games. Shader counter is easy, any game of the last couple of years meets the rule. ;)

(edit) Hmm, Hellblade 1.0.1 patch apparently disabled the keybinding for playersonly for timestop... :/

OtisInf

35842937293_1802f02f88_o.jpg

I created something that you all will like, a Multi LUT shader. It's based on the LUT.fx shader in Reshade, and instead of using a single LUT, it uses 12 (one 'neutral' and 11 LUTs I made). I adjusted the code so it can properly index into a packed LUT texture with multiple LUT sub textures.

What's a LUT? LUT stands for Look Up Table, and it's used here as a short name for a color conversion shader, which basically does Color Grading, so a source color goes in, and a destination color comes out.

In the shot above, you see the same location taken in 12 shots and merged together as 1 shot, 200 pixels per shot, for overview purpuses. On the left you see the 'neutral' LUT, which is simply as if there's no LUT used. Next to it you see the 11 LUTs that I made for this shader, various colorful ones and 3 monochrome ones: one sepia and 2 B&W. To avoid any misunderstanding: the shader simply makes the whole screen use the LUT you chose, so it doesn't create a screen with 12 bars of different colors. That would be cool tho, perhaps I'll hack that in some day ;)

The shader is merged into the Reshade 3 Shader repository at github. Simply copy the MultiLUT.fx file into your local reshade Shaders folder, and the 'MultiLut_atlas1.png' texture in your local reshade Textures folder.

In the game, you can simply select the LUT you want from a dropdown in the Reshade menu and use two sliders to control the amount of color from the LUT is blended into the output as well as how much of the contrast is applied from the LUT to the output.

If you want to make your own LUT, it's easy. See this guide on the Reshade forum. Just copy the LUT image you made over one of the LUTs in the MultiLut_atlas1.png, and it's ready to use :)

Enjoy!

(oh and it doesn't take any performance as well ;))

amoebae

I created something that you all will like, a Multi LUT shader. It's based on the LUT.fx shader in Reshade, and instead of using a single LUT, it uses 12 (one 'neutral' and 11 LUTs I made). I adjusted the code so it can properly index into a packed LUT texture with multiple LUT sub textures.

What's a LUT? LUT stands for Look Up Table, and it's used here as a short name for a color conversion shader, which basically does Color Grading, so a source color goes in, and a destination color comes out.

In the shot above, you see the same location taken in 12 shots and merged together as 1 shot, 200 pixels per shot, for overview purpuses. On the left you see the 'neutral' LUT, which is simply as if there's no LUT used. Next to it you see the 11 LUTs that I made for this shader, various colorful ones and 3 monochrome ones: one sepia and 2 B&W. To avoid any misunderstanding: the shader simply makes the whole screen use the LUT you chose, so it doesn't create a screen with 12 bars of different colors. That would be cool tho, perhaps I'll hack that in some day ;)

The shader is merged into the Reshade 3 Shader repository at github. Simply copy the MultiLUT.fx file into your local reshade Shaders folder, and the 'MultiLut_atlas1.png' texture in your local reshade Textures folder.

In the game, you can simply select the LUT you want from a dropdown in the Reshade menu and use two sliders to control the amount of color from the LUT is blended into the output as well as how much of the contrast is applied from the LUT to the output.

If you want to make your own LUT, it's easy. See this guide on the Reshade forum. Just copy the LUT image you made over one of the LUTs in the MultiLut_atlas1.png, and it's ready to use :)

Enjoy!

Excellent stuff, thank you. I'm looking forward to Marty finishing his Lightroom shader, with its inbuilt LUT creation function. It'll make it easier than taking a bunch of neutral screenshots and editing them in Photoshop etc to create a LUT. (There's a wip version available on Skyrim SE nexus atm, but it doesn't have all the features he's planning.)

Nick Pal

Enjoy!

Good god man, do you even sleep? :) Amazed at how much you get done..you had better get used to being the go to person for pretty much anything to do with reshade and tables these days!

Uhh.... something I'm not seeing here?

Not sure. I'm assuming the original poster was serious, sarcastic or on crack.

Not sure if sarcastic...just trying to give older games some high res love :)

I was being sarcastic but at the original post. I don't mean to be rude but you probably know yourself it isn't the best shot of the thread by far. You carry on man, there's no competition going on here.

Coreda

Excellent stuff, thank you. I'm looking forward to Marty finishing his Lightroom shader, with its inbuilt LUT creation function. It'll make it easier than taking a bunch of neutral screenshots and editing them in Photoshop etc to create a LUT. (There's a wip version available on Skyrim SE nexus atm, but it doesn't have all the features he's planning.)

One thing that surprises me after trying the LiftGammaGain shader is why there doesn't appear to have ever been a version with the equivalent of the 'Color' blend mode in Photoshop, which would allow for straightforward color adjustment without affecting the brightness/contrast.

From looking at past ReShade screenshot examples I always assumed the reason saturation/brightness was wrong in so-called 'correction' presets was entirely due to the preset author but after using LiftGammaGain it's clear it's partially just a limitation of the shader. Will have to try LUT some time.

keraj37

Maybe it's because the real gameplay looks nothing like that: https://youtu.be/4WS7An-0ClQ

And in fact it looks outdated: bad aliasing, shimmering, dull lighting, ...

Same happened with PCars1, lots of people got pumped up by those JonZMovies amazing montages and then the real gameplay felt nothing like that.

Being good at it, you can cherrypick amazing shots from almost any game, specially if you use photomodes, cam tools, reshade, enb, sweetfx, post effects, ...

The footage in your link is the worst project cars 2 video on yt - at least any other record I found was looking at least 6 times better.

That said I think it doesn't prove your point in that case.

Lime

Thanks PlayALLtheGames, blly155, and Garret Hawke!

mirrorsedgecatalyst20kusfe.jpg

mirrorsedgecatalyst20vasdc.jpg

Heh. This NPC stood out to me. He seems like he's from another game entirely. He's just way more detailed than anything else I've seen in this game.

Probably a NPC from a scrapped project I could imagine.

Top Bottom