• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Honestly some DBZ fans are like Zelda fans

YOU SAY YOU WANT CHARACTERS RELEVANT AGAIN

OK I MAKE GOHAN RELEVANT AGAIN THEN U SAY U DONT LIKE IT

THEN I MAKE BUU RELEVANT AGAIN BUT U SAY U DONT LIKE IT NOW YOU LIKE GOHAN BEING RELEVANT!

OK THEN I MAKE 17 RELEVANT AND NOW YOU HATE THAT TOO BUT LIKE BUU RELEVANT NOW!

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!

Seen a large number of videos going wtf
Facebooks fan posts
Message boards
Etc

The 17 thing certainly caused a lil stir

Although in my opinion freeza should've caused more of a stir because the need to make him get stronger and how it was portrayed and executed shat on character development and story development
Well Frieza did cause quite a stir, in the end it helped that Frieza was once a main villain. I guess in the end it was easier to swallow him coming back into that role and becoming top dog again while 17 got quickly overshadowed by Cell, he stopped being a major player almost as soon as he was introduced.

L Thammy

Not really since Frieza being a lazy bum who never trained perfectly fits his character, along with him being to impatient to fully developed his power. Nothing Frieza did in Resurrection 'F' in was out of character. In fact, it's the most in-character I have seen Frieza written since his death in the original manga.

17 just seems out there and it doesn't help that 17 isn't that popular, at least in Japan.

Ehhh, I'd say that Freeza's problem was arrogance rather than laziness. He didn't feel like he had the need to show any effort to kill his opponents so he doesn't bother. If memory serves though, the manga did note that he wasn't used to controlling his full power when he fought Goku, so it did make sense that he'd be more powerful with training.

I think his temper is a big change between the manga Freeza and the movie one. He was never impatient before. His whole gimmick was that he acted like a businessman, with all the faux politeness and such. He doesn't immediately execute his henchmen for failing, he humours the people he's going to kill for a bit, he doesn't show his anger until the Dragonballs become useless, and even after that he slowly toys with his opponents and holds back to mess with them. Plus he tolerates the Ginyu Force's nonsense because they do good work. I can understand his personality changing when he was killed twice and then spent time in Hell, but I still noticed a difference.

HeroR

In order to please the fans they went out of their way to say O Frieza never trained now he has so he caught up to all your hard work in mere months. All the emotional turmoil, the struggle, the saiyans he wiped out because he were afraid of them(why was he afraid just train ��)

On top of that fast forward to the next arc freeza comes back,trunks easily takes him out you would think that's a point to say freeza you aren't a threat to us we're pass that.

His power up , his comeback was way worse than 17 coming back easily

Did you think Frieza was the type of person to train even before the movie told you? What made you think Frieza had any worth ethic? And why train when he can just nuke the problem before it even starts?

Just because Frieza was caught off-guard by some kid from the future doesn't mean he wasn't a threat. Remember, the Super Saiyan was still considered 'the legendary transformation' at the time.

It is only worse if you don't understand Frieza's character. He is a lazy, spoiled mutant who never had to work a day in his life and solved all his problem by killing everything instead of improving himself.

Ehhh, I'd say that Freeza's problem was arrogance rather than laziness. He didn't feel like he had the need to show any effort to kill his opponents so he doesn't bother. If memory serves though, the manga did note that he wasn't used to controlling his full power when he fought Goku, so it did make sense that he'd be more powerful with training.

I think his temper is a big change between the manga Freeza and the movie one. He was never impatient before. His whole gimmick was that he acted like a businessman, with all the faux politeness and such. He doesn't immediately execute his henchmen for failing, he humours the people he's going to kill for a bit, he doesn't show his anger until the Dragonballs become useless, and even after that he slowly toys with his opponents and holds back to mess with them. Plus he tolerates the Ginyu Force's nonsense because they do good work. I can understand his personality changing when he was killed twice and then spent time in Hell, but I still noticed a difference.

It was mixed of arrogant and laziness. He was arrogant of his power and too lazy to train just in case someone could be stronger than him like he feared. And yeah, he wasn't used to using his full power. In fact, he admitted to never needing to go beyond his second form to destroy threats.

He became impatient after losing to Goku on Namek. This is the same person who rushed to Earth the moment he was off the operating table after being turned into a cyborg.

SougoXIII

Did you think Frieza was the type of person to train even before the movie told you? What made you think Frieza had any worth ethic? And why train when he can just nuke the problem before it even starts?

Just because Frieza was caught off-guard by some kid from the future doesn't mean he wasn't a threat. Remember, the Super Saiyan was still considered 'the legendary transformation' at the time. He is a lazy, spoiled mutant who never had to work a day in his life and solved all his problem by killing everything instead of improving himself.

It is only worse if you don't understand Frieza's character.

Yeah and when he got jumped by Trunks, he also brought his father - who is suppose to be even more powerful than him at the time. From what Freiza knew, they were more than enough to take on Goku.

Fj0823

In order to please the fans they went out of their way to say O Frieza never trained now he has so he caught up to all your hard work in mere months. All the emotional turmoil, the struggle, the saiyans he wiped out because he were afraid of them(why was he afraid just train 😒)

On top of that fast forward to the next arc freeza comes back,trunks easily takes him out you would think that's a point to say freeza you aren't a threat to us we're pass that.

His power up , his comeback was way worse than 17 coming back easily

But Trunks is a Saiyan so it's ok

17 also didn't have the kick ass soundtrack

RoF all around might have been disappointing, but it put Goku and Frieza in movie theater screens for thousands of fans. It's easy to see why it's looked past.
Yup and it's totally fine. Just funny to see ppl now get upset at trunks with his fairy tail sword or krillin or gohan or 17 and every other universe 7 member that's 100% about to be portrayed to be stronger than they probably should be.

Was set in motion long ago

Can someone remind me how roshi is going to be participating? The last time we saw him fight wasnt he just barely stronger than Chichi or whatever? Wasnt he weaker than Tau?
He was just out there fighting freeza goons so be prepared. We shouldn't have a several page debate lol Everyone is about to get a boost

HeroR

Yup and it's totally fine. Just funny to see ppl now get upset at trunks with his fairy tail sword or krillin or gohan or 17 and every other universe 7 member that's 100% about to be portrayed to be stronger than they probably should be.

Was set in motion long ago

As someone who watched Fairy Tail, what are you talking about? Future Trunks's sword was nothing like that show.

And only 17 have been shown to be outstandingly strong.

Skeeter49

Can someone remind me how roshi is going to be participating? The last time we saw him fight wasnt he just barely stronger than Chichi or whatever? Wasnt he weaker than Tau?

On par with Broly.
mLb8Qm.gif

L Thammy

While we're on the subject. The other thing about Freeza in Resurrection F is that he's just a much simpler fighter. On Namek, Freeza's moveset was pretty varied, including some weird shit. Telepathically throwing boulders, trapping Goku in a ki bubble, the Death Saucer, plus all the normal ki beams and balls and stuff. Eating a crab isn't canon so I won't count that.

His retirement in the manga was during a fairly even fight with Tenshinhan, although he claimed he'd lose if he hadn't forfeited. Tenshinhan was a lot stronger than Mercenary Tao at that point. Dunno about Chichi since she wasn't in that tournament.

Then he was defeating Freeza's soldiers in Resurrection F, so who knows what happened. At least he's back.

SougoXIII

Probably the same way as Krillin: causally ramping up his power level so that he can go toe to toe with the fodder level of the tournament and then win by his 'strategy.'

The question that we should be asking is what's the use of strategy when every other universes are going to gang up on you because Goku painted a juicy target mark on your chest. Gohan/Krillin/Roshi better be brushing up on their Sun Tzu because they're going to be vastly outnumbered and out-powered while fighting in space, on plain ground.

Skeeter49

The one thing that does bother me is a lot of the stuff that doesn't make sense could have been easily explained.
Have Goku teach Trunks the Genkai Dama, but Trunks could never get it right.
Use the Fucking Kaioken during a Kamehameha struggle against a fused god, instead of 4 seconds later to get a kick in.
Put Vegito in a portal using your scythe for 45 minutes, to waste 45 minutes of the fusion.

HeroR

It was a friendship powerup hence the fairy tail joke..jesus

But it wasn't the power of friendship, hence why the joke doesn't work. You do better comparing it to Sailor Moon, which uses the power of the moon and Earth to kill most major enemies.

While we're on the subject. The other thing about Freeza in Resurrection F is that he's just a much simpler fighter. On Namek, Freeza's moveset was pretty varied, including some weird shit. Telepathically throwing boulders, trapping Goku in a ki bubble, the Death Saucer, plus all the normal ki beams and balls and stuff. Eating a crab isn't canon so I won't count that.

His retirement in the manga was during a fairly even fight with Tenshinhan, although he claimed he'd lose if he hadn't forfeited. Tenshinhan was a lot stronger than Mercenary Tao at that point. Dunno about Chichi since she wasn't in that tournament.

Then he was defeating Freeza's soldiers in Resurrection F, so who knows what happened. At least he's back.

Frieza is only creative when he's winning. Even on Namek, when he starts to lose he just uses beam spams and energy attacks.

caliph95

Probably the same way as Krillin: causally ramping up his power level so that he can go toe to toe with the fodder level of the tournament and then win by his 'strategy.'

The question that we should be asking is what's the use of strategy when every other universes are going to gang up on you because Goku painted a juicy target mark on your chest. Gohan/Krillin/Roshi better be brushing up on their Sun Tzu because they're going to be vastly outnumbered and out-powered while fighting in space, on plain ground.
While everybody is busy on Goku you attack and surprise them

L Thammy

Frieza is only creative when he's winning. Even on Namek, when he starts to lose he just uses beam spams and energy attacks.

Weren't his last-ditch strategies

1. blowing up the planet so that his opponent dies of suffocation
2. throwing homing discs that cut his opponent in half

? Seems like it's still more creative than most.

The one thing that does bother me is a lot of the stuff that doesn't make sense could have been easily explained.
Have Goku teach Trunks the Genkai Dama, but Trunks could never get it right.
Use the Fucking Kaioken during a Kamehameha struggle against a fused god, instead of 4 seconds later to get a kick in.
Put Vegito in a portal using your scythe for 45 minutes, to waste 45 minutes of the fusion.

I feel like that would make everyone happy. Like, even right now, if they said "Oh 17 trained THIS way" I'd be like "that's bullshit but I believe it". Frieza was stupid, but at the very least, there was a straight explanation forced into the plot.

17 and Trunks are the things most wack because they don't come with a decent explanation, and that's why you get people bitter about the show.

I know someone mentioned that DB fans are never happy, but it really wouldn't hurt them to put a few throwaway lines instead of leaving it up to guesswork. Hell, that'd open the show up for some cool shit, seeing 17 train in a flashback and learning more about his powers. Same thing with Frieza (who got that for all of like three seconds but whatever(.

HeroR

Weren't his last-ditch strategies

1. blowing up the planet so that his opponent dies of suffocation
2. throwing homing discs that cut his opponent in half

? Seems like it's still more creative than most.

Frieza did the blowing up the planet trick on Vegeta and was much more successful at it.

Goku call the discs a stupid noob technique.

caliph95

Just read the chapter out of bordeom
Never really follow the manga but i think the fight in the manga between Zamas and Vegito is than in the anime

Moaradin

Senzu bean bag. They're going to train until they get near-death then recover and do this shit hardcore motherfucker.

AWWWW YEAHHHHHHH ZENKAI BOOST TRAINING

I'm surprised that has never been brought up in the show before. Ever since they introduced Zenkai Boost, it always seemed like the most effective way to train. Sure, it's convenient as fuck, but at least it's a clever way of using that dumb excuse for power ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom